The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That gameplay leaves me disappointed.

Nostalgia bait for sure, but I don't need to play FF Devil May Cry
The combat director is actually from DMC V :lol:

I gave up on the turn based dream over a decade ago 😢

I thought with Strangers in Paradise they'd have gotten their usual half-baked attempt at capitalizing on the popular genre out of their system.

I'm fine with iterating and trying new things, but my expectations will be set accordingly low. Sad, but maybe I'm not the demo anymore.

Still there are lots of options to fill the void. But it does make me want the remaster just a little bit more.

I’d much prefer turn based combat but after playing through FF XIV, Heavensward and Stormblood, I’m ok with action combat if we get a story that’s on par with anything from current FF XIV. The last story I truly enjoyed from FF was X and XII.

Triangle Strategy is my favorite game of the year.

Only criticism is that the story content can go on for a while between battles. But the story is great so I dont want to skip it.

Its made for a couple playthroughs. I can already see a few choices I'd like to see the other results for.

It’s funny cause my brother called me yesterday and as talking about how he wanted Triangle Strategy and that the art style reminded him of FF VI.

I don’t have the Tactics background and honestly Octopath Traveler was hard as hell to me. I assume the difficulty is on par which makes me believe I’d struggle even more in TS :lol:

I have started playing Lost Odyssey again on Series X via BC. The best Final Fantasy game from the PS360 generation.

I never got into Lost Odyssey! Ive played through the first 20 minutes a few times and it just losses me.

Triangle has difficulty levels, and normal isnt difficult. I imagine you could get through it without issue. It does a good job of showing you how the various abilities work together.

Again, might not be a retail priced game for you, but if you see it on sale...

I think I mentioned in this thread before; this and Fell Seal are the best since FF Tactics. Banner Saga is good, but the difficulty spikes in that game are pretty crazy (never played the sequels).

All I know is that Triangle Strategy and Octo have incredible soundtracks

And yes, Octo is hard as hell

Bad Religion Bad Religion Did you ever finish DQ XI? I had the original on disc and my PS5 is digital. Unfortunately SE took that version off the store and replaced it with the definitive edition. I can’t rebuy that game and start over man :lol:

No, I had my save corrupt at 75%, and due to game sharing I wasnt backing up my saves to the cloud.

I have yet to start over. I really enjoyed the game but damn is it long.

Might buy it as a travel game for Switch.

Damn that really sucks. It would be cool to play the 2D mode on the Switch though.

I think at this point, I’m just going to wait for DQ XII. I also have DQ VII and VIII for 3DS.

"Thank you to our loyal fans,. Here is a brand new look at our highly anticipated MOBILE TITLLLLLEEEEEE!"

Exactly!! Square doesn't give a **** about the fans, they are just greedy and lazy now. They've been coasting off the success of their older titles and fanbase for far too long now. I used to want every Square release, but now if I see they're attached it generally makes me lose interest fast.

Final Fantasy XIV
Nier Automata
Dragon Quest XI
Bravely Default II
Octopath Traveler
Triangle Strategy

All solid titles. SE isn’t Squaresoft but I wouldn’t call them lazy.

Popped up on PSN :nerd:

3BCE38B6-EA19-42A1-B61B-6DDAE1684FEF.jpeg

Rumor floating around that Crisis Core Remastered is getting announced tomorrow.

Good game. I think there are some rose-colored glasses looking back on it by alot of people but one of the psp's best probably.

Back
Top Bottom