The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Took down fell seal: Arbiters mark, then run it back on "very hard" and beat it again. Really enjoyed this game, closest thing to OG final fantasy tactics that I can remember.

Next up, Yakuza Like a dragon.

Copped Star Renegades on sale today for 7$ on PS store and will add it to the backlog. Too much on the backlog, and not enough time that I'm not buying anything unless it's at deep discount :lol:

Started a FF X replay today

As much as I want to get the celestial weapons, I don’t think I have the patience for it :lol:
In the Thunder Plains right now, no way I’m dodging 200. And I suck at Blitzball so l might be out on Wakka’s too. Chocobo race will drive me insane I already know.

I’ve never gotten any before but it’s too much

I finished Final Fantasy XVI last night. I will put it in my top 5 FF games. As someone who is extremely close with his siblings, this story hit different for me. I damn near got a bit teary eyed last night.

+ story, plot
+ the OST
+ characters, supporting cast
+ fantasy
+ boss battles
that fight with Titan was nuts!! That might be my favorite boss battle in a Final Fantasy game. It reminded me of the fight with ExDeath in FF XIV. Then they followed it up with a phenomenal fight with Bahamut :smokin

- side quests are boring aside from a select few; fetch quests, similar to FF XIV (MMO)
-
lack of super bosses
- legendary gear just didn’t have any feeling of accomplishment, you just “get it” without any real work
- final boss fight was kinda meh

9/10
I’d comfortably put it right after 6,7and 9. It arguably has the best storyline in the series tbh. Only reason I have to put it below the 3 mentioned is because of the depth within the magic and ability systems. The lack of a true magic system is my biggest knock against the game, but going by the storyline within the game it actually makes perfect sense why there is none.

Took down fell seal: Arbiters mark, then run it back on "very hard" and beat it again. Really enjoyed this game, closest thing to OG final fantasy tactics that I can remember.

Next up, Yakuza Like a dragon.

Copped Star Renegades on sale today for 7$ on PS store and will add it to the backlog. Too much on the backlog, and not enough time that I'm not buying anything unless it's at deep discount :lol:

I can't remember; did you play the DLC?

I'd love a Fell Seal sequel. Also try Triangle Strat. I actually like it a touch better.

Regarding the ending of FF XVI:

is it implied that none of that ever happened? Did we just play a story that was written by Clive Rosfield?

With so many JRPGs getting remaster, remakes, or just simple releases on console, can we get Lufia and Lufia 2? I can't find a method other than emulation to play either of them currently.
If you can’t beat ‘em, join em. I finally took the plunge on the Steam Deck during this past sale. Gonna throw everything I can think of on it :lol:

IMG_2118.jpeg

IMG_2119.jpeg

IMG_2120.jpeg

Regarding the ending of FF XVI:

is it implied that none of that ever happened? Did we just play a story that was written by Clive Rosfield?

what I got from it is that Clive survived and took up Joshua's name in order to finish the book he was writing about his adventures. I believe there are clues in the game that point to this. Plus he's already taken up Cid's name to carry on his work, who's to say he can't do it again.
The post credits scene was in the distant future btw.

I can't remember; did you play the DLC?

I'd love a Fell Seal sequel. Also try Triangle Strat. I actually like it a touch better.
I got it with the DLC and thought it added a bit to the game, would recommend to play with DLC. I wish was a bit longer/more content.

I got Triangle strat on my list, and will get to it eventually. Thanks for the recommendation

I usually buy a sub for a month or two, knock out story quests and a raid and then I’m off for a while.

Ive been playing FFXVI at a pretty slow pace. I am around 75% complete and enjoying it.

I dont think it has grabbed me as much as some, but I have to say I am enjoying it. A huge change from when I saw the reveal trailer and was disappointed with the direction of combat.

Its definitely in the top 30% of FF titles for me. We will see how the last push goes and what it does to change my opinion.

Clive is one of the best main characters in the series, however. Some of the secondary characters and antagonists are great too. Story is a highlight as well.

The older I get the harder it's been to find enough time to 100% games and juggle bombing and family time.

I'm giving up on bomb rush cyberfunk now and chilling until sea of stars comes out.

Oh wait I didn't realize it was already out lol. Well that was a short break.

Back
Top Bottom