The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1000003098.jpg

Remains one of my top 10 favorite games of all time.

Took about 50 hours. All side quests/optional bosses as well.

With the Pixel Remasters, Grandia rerelease, Tactics, Ogre, and Suikoden remasters, what is left for me to complain about not having?

Well, brother, I can complain all day.

FF Tactics
Legend of Legaia
Vandal Hearts
Threads of Fate
Alundra
Dragon Quest VIII
Azure Dreams
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete

I have DQ VIII on 3DS. I realize I'll have to play that or grab a PS2 copy if I want to play it today. I wonder if we'll hear anything about the HD2D DQ III remake this year.

FF Tactics remake/remaster has to be soon, right?

Also surprised to see LoD in your top 10. I've yet to play it so that makes me more interested to play it this year.

I have DQ VIII on 3DS. I realize I'll have to play that or grab a PS2 copy if I want to play it today. I wonder if we'll hear anything about the HD2D DQ III remake this year.

FF Tactics remake/remaster has to be soon, right?

Also surprised to see LoD in your top 10. I've yet to play it so that makes me more interested to play it this year.

I think circumstances elevate it for me. It has some significant faults, with the biggest in my eyes being you don't actually really need to use the Dragoons at all. :lol: You can break the game through grinding for cash to get some items. But that is intentional; the items are very early on and the only restriction is cost. I like the idea of being given the choice.

Excellent characters, good story, and some pretty good combat. It really connected with me as a kid and I havent really lost that feeling, whereas a game like Dark Cloud I really lost that feeling replaying as an adult.

Dark Cloud is a gap in my JRPG history too. I thought about getting it way back on PS4 but always pass on it. Maybe one day.

What's next for you after LoD? I took a little break from RPGs and started Jedi Survivor.

I tried to decide last night but I dont know. Kicked around another run of FF7 Remake to be ready for the new release at the end of February, getting back to the Pixel Remaster at FFII, or starting Wild ARMS 1-3.

I also have Chained Echoes, Octopath Traveler 2 (half-way through), Oninaki, Crisis Core, and Stranger of Paradise all downloaded and ready to go. :sick: :lol:

Probably FF2 and maybe some Stranger of Paradise for a change of pace every once in a while. I stopped FF2 when 16 came out, and I knew I should have just finished it.

Luckily Destiny 2 is basically dead until June so I can focus on the backlog.

Wild arms 1. I wanna replay it, some of the story faded from my memory. Nostalgia always brings me back to it.

Also, didn’t end up finish Xenogears. I know Fei is Id, but didn’t make it far enough to know what Grahf’s true intentions were.

Dragon Quest 11 was quite the grind, but I'm glad I finished it.
I’m on what would be the 3rd act. That game is about 20-30 hours too long. The difficulty spike towards the end is kinda insane too.

Such a good looking game
the threat escalation after act 2 was crazy. You beat the big bad? Here's the bigger bad who is the true threat. You beat him? Here's the even bigger bad and his 10 bad homies. You beat them? Here's the biggest bad who you have to max your stats out for in order to last more than a few turns. You beat him? Here's a sexy bunny suit. Good job. :lol:

the threat escalation after act 2 was crazy. You beat the big bad? Here's the bigger bad who is the true threat. You beat him? Here's the even bigger bad and his 10 bad homies. You beat them? Here's the biggest bad who you have to max your stats out for in order to last more than a few turns. You beat him? Here's a sexy bunny suit. Good job. :lol:

I actually haven’t played much of the game. Just love the art style.

HD2D is literally a match made in heaven for FF6 and Chrono Trigger, but instead we're getting Star Oceans and NES Dragon Quest remakes.

I’m not mad at the SO and DQ remakes at all. Those games are not as accessible as FF. CT is available on Steam.

That said, I would love a FF VI remake. VII Remake style or HD2D is fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom