The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you have a Playstation 5 with PS+? It comes as one of the instant game collection games.

6-9 are pretty much the pinnacle for me as well.

Do you have a Playstation 5 with PS+? It comes as one of the instant game collection games.

6-9 are pretty much the pinnacle for me as well.

Naw not yet. I wanted to get one to play Demons Souls, but was kind of hoping they would release a PS4 version lol. Yeah 6 is great as well. Also love Tactics.

FF IV-X are the pinnacle for me.

IV is a classic for sure. I wanted to like X, but something felt a bit off for me. I do remember that was the game I bought a PS2 for though!

FF X might be my second favorite FF game. I need to replay IX to find out for sure though.

13 was good, imo. It just wasn’t what everyone expected it to be. First FF game on PS360 and it felt like it took a step back. If I’m not mistaken, that was also the era in which SE said that HD towns weren’t possible or that they were hard to create :lol:

13 was good, imo. It just wasn’t what everyone expected it to be. First FF game on PS360 and it felt like it took a step back. If I’m not mistaken, that was also the era in which SE said that HD towns weren’t possible or that they were hard to create :lol:

All I remember from 08 or whatever year it dropped was that it was linear until about the 20 hour mark. Which was very strange at the time. Especially for a FF game

10-ish hours in and Triangle Strategy is my favorite game of 2022 so far.

Like Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark a few years ago, this game takes the Tactics genre and adds its own twists. Story is pretty strong in it as well.

If you're a FF Tactics or Tactics Ogre fan, definitely pick this up. Unfortunately Nintendo has an aversion to sales.

Hilarious, because you can recruit Biggs and Wedge (Final Fantasy's homage to the Star Wars characters that appear in most FF games).

Last edited:

Hilarious, because you can recruit Biggs and Wedge (Final Fantasy's homage to the Star Wards characters that appear in most FF games).

I was just about to post this. I audibly yelled "what the hell?" When I read that. :lol:
I love blitzball too.

I am out of the know when it comes to Nintendo.

Can someone explain why there are two Pokemon games that will have released in 2022? seems strange they would double up.

I am out of the know when it comes to Nintendo.

Can someone explain why there are two Pokemon games that will have released in 2022? seems strange they would double up.

Not sure if serious but this has been a thing since OG Pokémon on Gameboy. Release two games with a few different between the two. They would release a third game which was your “definitive” game with QoL improvements but I believe they stopped doing those back in like 2009-2010.

Oh no, I understand that.

I am speaking about Pokemon Arceus that released in January, and I guess now these two games, making it three.

Back
Top Bottom