The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation (Long Read)

what a bunch of b.s. Go get some damn air.

This letter reads just like that stupid illuminati insider letter and just like the one where the guy met god on a train somewhere....."I'll remain anonymous for personal reasons" *****

:rofl:

Say what you want to say about the legitimacy of the letter. The fact remains that Hip-Hop and rap music has been commercialized and marketed as a criminal culture for years. In the 80's and early 90's there was a lot more balance to the music. Sure you had your Rakim's and NWA's making music with edgier lyrics, but you also had conscious rappers out there like Public Enemy and Poison Clan. As Hip Hop and rap music went mainstream the message became more and more negative.

There is a overwhelming business incentive is to create criminals for America's prison industrial complex. With the introduction of crack to the inner cities and the negative commercialization of rap music over the last 20 years there is some validity to what the DC posted,

Last edited:
Wouldn't doubt the letter. Stats speak for themselves.

http://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpus11.pdf

The devil himself Ronald Reagan with his involvement with the Contras allowed the flow of crack/cocaine into US inner cities then enacted tough drug laws to make it easier to lock em up.

So if our OWN Govt used South American Drug Cartels to help imprison the US population then why is it far fetch to think the Govt wouldn't use the media especially rap music to promote violence and further imprison minorities?

I mean just look at Dr. Dre pre NWA.. then all of a sudden...?!?! Hmmmm

Say what you want to say about the legitimacy of the letter. The fact remains that Hip-Hop and rap music has been commercialized and marketed as a criminal culture for years. In the 80's and early 90's there was a lot more balance to the music. Sure you had your Rakim's and NWA's making music with edgier lyrics, but you also had conscious rappers out there like Public Enemy and Poison Clan. As Hip Hop and rap music went mainstream the message became more and more negative.

There is a overwhelming business incentive is to create criminals for America's prison industrial complex. With the introduction of crack to the inner cities and the negative commercialization of rap music over the last 20 years there is some validity to what the DC posted,

Agreed wit your point but rakim shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as NWA

Watch this video before reading what I wrote below

OK ... Did you watch it?

No big deal... right ? Pretty generic rap video... Right ?

[COLOR=#red]WRONG[/COLOR]

OK... Does anyone remember the REAL video ?

It was a parody video that mocked everything about commercialized rap culture. The video had every music video cliche in the book and individual captions to go along with all the corny gimmicks. It was originally a satire video made as a statement against the fake materialistic direction the rap industry was headed.

Ive noticed anytime that video plays on tv now THERE ARE NO CAPTIONS... had me trippin so I tried to find it online and nearly every video online is the new version with out captions.

This video just isnt nearly the same without the captions... they were an essential part of the original idea that made this video so great when it came out in 1996 and I feel like its even more relevant today with todays popular rap culture.

Watching the video without the captions you loose almost all of the cynicism and social commentary behind the original thought.

The video is so well filmed and these video cliches are so ingrained in our brains without the captions it just looks like any other rap video of the era.

Heres a link to the OG video with captions.

What reasoning could MTV, BET, VH1, etc. possibly have for wanting to air an edited version of this video ? :nerd:

Realist video ever!!! One of my favorites!

I guess this isn't as bad as the wrestling threads you're always in
duke legit spends his friday and saturday nights playing his old japanese wrestling video game 
laugh.gif

So if our OWN Govt used South American Drug Cartels to help imprison the US population then why is it far fetch to think the Govt wouldn't use the media especially rap music to promote violence and further imprison minorities?
Right. Folks are so hell bent on saying the meeting never happened, well that isn't really important. I just can't see how anyone doesn't believe music is used as a tool to dumb down society. How blatant does it have to be for you to see it?

Don't believe this but, LA gang lifestyle did negatively influence urban areas across the country.

Right. Folks are so hell bent on saying the meeting never happened, well that isn't really important. I just can't see how anyone doesn't believe music is used as a tool to dumb down society. How blatant does it have to be for you to see it?
Regardless if the story is real or not, this post sums up the point of it.

Regardless if real or no I'm sure this is how music execs operate. Kinda sad too. The simple minded will try to portray the music they listen to. Little do they knw, it's all show. But music isn't the key contribution to incarceration for minorities. False imprisonment, racial profiling, the lack of being tired in front of a jury of our peers, etc. Growing up in this environment will teach a child at a young age to hate the justice system, which will lead them to see the pen in their future.

as somebody said in the last thread, dude gave way to much information about himself for this to be some anonymous type deal...if somebody wanted to find him, they could easily track him down...four people got kicked out that meeting, just find the one who quit the industry in 93 and moved to Europe...dude would've been dead by now

First Time i've ever heard or seen that subtitles video....I always saw the one without the subtitles never knew another existed. Mind-Blown....also i think about a month ago I saw a interview with Immortal Technique and Alex Jones and they were talking about the same thing DC is..bringing down Rap and Hip-hop music as a whole

Why is everyone caught up in conspiracy theory? Like there is no higher order people. That story doesnt even sound remotely true.

Back
Top Bottom