The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation

I believed this happened to that guy. I just don't believe he or the ppl at the meeting were anybody important or powerful.

Says a whole lot more about the intended targets that rap music would influence them to commit crimes and it actually having results than it does say about ppl deciding to do this to make money.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

dude is speaking the truth, these days all you hear on radio is all stupid **%# with no positivity. hip hop has done alot of bad than it actually did good. all it does is feed our minds with negativity, but at the same time the music is addictive. that's why people need to take it as entertainment, alot of younger kids don't know the difference between reality & fantasy.
Read what you wrote. They are YOUNGER kids. Not all of them have guidance. Not all of them have fathers. How can they "take it as entertainment" if they don't know any better?

That's why I just said what I said about Ross. Dude is promoting an image that it seems is not in line with who he is based on the confirmed pieces of info we know about his past. Promoting a dangerous image at that. He clearly benefits. Perhaps at the expense of others.

I was raised by a single mom. I was still a wild child. But I listened to Public Enemy, BDP, Rakim. I genuinely believe they helped balance me out. They made it cool to be intelligent, well spoken and informed.

Who on a mainstream level will do that now? Maybe Jay? Shouldn't the artists be accountable at some point as well? Once you've "made it", you can use that platform for a positive purpose.

I don't really agree that there is no positivity on the radio. It's not entirely negative.

I actually think Drake is "real". Call him a simp if you want. He makes it OK for dudes to have genuine human emotions and not just strive to be criminals. Sure, his influence is leading to a generation of softees. I'm OK with that. They ain't trying to break into my crib or jack my car.

And Hip Hop radio does have a lot of Pop/Club BS all over it now. FloRida. Pitbull. Guetta. Not exactly quality music. But we're back in a "party" cycle. But not entirely negative (in the criminal sense) either.
laugh.gif
i agree

I'd hold my breath for some corroboration, but I know it's not coming. Ducktales.

Crack was brought to US by Reagan & the US government via the Iran Contra "affair". He sold arms to Iran (during a time where there was an international trade embargo with Iran) in exchange for the hostages being released which helped him get elected.

He then used those funds from the arms sales to find the Nicaraguan Contras "to help fight communism". The Contras were notorious for not only drug trafficking but gross human rights violations ranging from kidnapping & murdering aid workers, etc.

Once they got the infusion of cash, one of the things they did was produce the largest amount of coke ever produced & they shipped it via the CIA's help to LA & New York. The connects there figured out the easiest way to get all the coke out in a more viable form was crack and the rest is history.

There's a ton more detail to this, but you guys can read up more on this if you wish. My point is that our government & our companies have proved capable of great evil so reading this so called story isn't surprising.

Having said that, I'm not buying it. If dude wanted to come clean, put your name on it & put the names of the people he did know.

On a side note, it was great to see Wise Intelligent still dropping knowledge.

Duck tales. These articles always kill me. These guys are in "fear of their life" of this information getting out but they tell it anyway? 

The story itself is possible, but I refuse to believe any story that provides absolutely NO details.  Any decent conspiracy theorist could make up a story like that and put it on the net, there's nothing specific at all about any of what was said.

White men collaborating to suppress minorities and at the same time making a profit? = Nah doesn't seem real...............
grin.gif

I never believe these stories that say they want to remain anonymous, because if it was as serious as it is supposed to be, the government can get the IP where it came from, easily.

So for that fact alone, ducktales.

man this is very true
da elite controlling the minds of youngs any way possible. you a fool if you DONT think most of the kids act gangsta cuz of rap music

Originally Posted by fly23s

man this is very true
da elite controlling the minds of youngs any way possible. you a fool if you DONT think most of the kids act gangsta cuz of rap music

Wait what? 
laugh.gif

So explain all the murders and gangsters of the late 70's early 80's?  Because anybody 40+ will be quick to tell you that back then it was 1000 times worse than today. And that was when everybody sang about love and drugs.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

man this is very true

Wait what? 
laugh.gif

So explain all the murders and gangsters of the late 70's early 80's?  Because anybody 40+ will be quick to tell you that back then it was 1000 times worse than today. And that was when everybody sang about love and drugs.
son back then people did that because of poverty and poor judgment. listen to the radio now almost every rapper rap about murking people and was all thug, when they aren't even about that life (rick ross rapping about how he use to sell coke when he is a law enforcement brah). they be rapping about drinking and drug uses which may be the cause of young adolescent to be curios enough to use them. just look at the influence rappers have on kids fashion-wise. so yea i do think rap influences youngsters on a whole different level.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

dude is speaking the truth, these days all you hear on radio is all stupid **%# with no positivity. hip hop has done alot of bad than it actually did good. all it does is feed our minds with negativity, but at the same time the music is addictive. that's why people need to take it as entertainment, alot of younger kids don't know the difference between reality & fantasy.
Read what you wrote. They are YOUNGER kids. Not all of them have guidance. Not all of them have fathers. How can they "take it as entertainment" if they don't know any better?

That's why I just said what I said about Ross. Dude is promoting an image that it seems is not in line with who he is based on the confirmed pieces of info we know about his past. Promoting a dangerous image at that. He clearly benefits. Perhaps at the expense of others.

I was raised by a single mom. I was still a wild child. But I listened to Public Enemy, BDP, Rakim. I genuinely believe they helped balance me out. They made it cool to be intelligent, well spoken and informed.

Who on a mainstream level will do that now? Maybe Jay? Shouldn't the artists be accountable at some point as well? Once you've "made it", you can use that platform for a positive purpose.

I don't really agree that there is no positivity on the radio. It's not entirely negative.

I actually think Drake is "real". Call him a simp if you want. He makes it OK for dudes to have genuine human emotions and not just strive to be criminals. Sure, his influence is leading to a generation of softees. I'm OK with that. They ain't trying to break into my crib or jack my car.

And Hip Hop radio does have a lot of Pop/Club BS all over it now. FloRida. Pitbull. Guetta. Not exactly quality music. But we're back in a "party" cycle. But not entirely negative (in the criminal sense) either.
laugh.gif
i agree
427501_591761345127_176600747_31412888_939840083_n.jpg

drake+catch+body.png

man this is very true

Wait what? 
laugh.gif

son back then people did that because of poverty and poor judgment. listen to the radio now almost every rapper rap about murking people and was all thug, when they aren't even about that life (rick ross rapping about how he use to sell coke when he is a law enforcement brah). they be rapping about drinking and drug uses which may be the cause of young adolescent to be curios enough to use them. just look at the influence rappers have on kids fashion-wise. so yea i do think rap influences youngsters on a whole different level.
Because poverty and poor judgement still don't exist? 
laugh.gif

Aight slim, you got it.

Wait what? 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Aight slim, you got it.
Yea there was thugs and gangstas back in the day. That didn't mean it was cool to be one. It is really really cool to be a criminal now and rap is a HUGE reason for that. 

stupid...its like a kids story because people don't understand the social realities of our people and culture...its bigger then rap music..dude did nothing but state the obvious...

stop focusing on them because they are focusing on us....we know they exist by virtue of our experience here....lets make our culture stronger while enfranchising our selves

....cant give these parasites precious energy anymore.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

laugh.gif

Aight slim, you got it.
Yea there was thugs and gangstas back in the day. That didn't mean it was cool to be one. It is really really cool to be a criminal now and rap is a HUGE reason for that. 
fam.. you're oversimplifying a complex topic

laugh.gif

Aight slim, you got it.

Not sure if srs.
Have any of y'all ever sat down and had a convo with your parents?  Thugs, gangsters, dope dealers were the most popular dudes in the hood back in the day, because they had money.  Chances are if your mother grew up in or near any major city she dated a few of em.
I'm not saying today's rap has NO influence, but y'all just give it wayyyy to much credit in the screwed up situations of the black community.  Thinking rap is the cause of most of our problems is just as silly as thinking "burying" the N-word would change something.

laugh.gif

Aight slim, you got it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Ok. Yeah a dude with all the money and all the beautiful women and fast cars wasn't cool to an impressionable poor black kid. OK.

thanks for this post, even though i believe in having a free mind and da ability to differentiate between story telling and actuality, for alot of

folks who look up at da facade of that street life as their only lane of success it is sad shame....

laugh.gif

Aight slim, you got it.

Not sure if srs.
Have any of y'all ever sat down and had a convo with your parents?  Thugs, gangsters, dope dealers were the most popular dudes in the hood back in the day, because they had money.  Chances are if your mother grew up in or near any major city she dated a few of em.
I'm not saying today's rap has NO influence, but y'all just give it wayyyy to much credit in the screwed up situations of the black community.  Thinking rap is the cause of most of our problems is just as silly as thinking "burying" the N-word would change something.
yeah, that type of lifestyle has always been glamorized...
be it outlaws, mafiosi, or drug dealers 

most of the time the influence comes directly from seeing that life first hand.

Back
Top Bottom