The Situation Where A Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Appeared In Blackface For Halloween Wont End Well

But no one is complaining about the white face of the Edward Cullen costume.

When will this vampire racism end?

toast1985 wrote:
See apart of me feels like this.

...But the other half is like, you're an idiot for not understanding the ramifications behind doing something like that. She deserves whatever she gets.

There are only ramificatons if certain people want there to be ramifications. You can make a huge stink about it, or you can roll with thepunches and be a mature adult.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Not mad at her, she went as Lil wayne.

Lil Wayne is an embaressment to black people why no one offended when he parades around all ignorant on an everyday basis?

"ya Dig"

meh.

i saw plenty of white people out there dressed as lil wayne and they pulled it off great.

none of them needed the black face to get the costume across.

she should have realized it wasn't necessary and that there was the possibility of this fall out.

Bro I hear ya, this aint the time nor place so I wont get too much into it but me personally, Im tired of black people trying to hold white people to a higherstandard then we hold ourselves.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

This is ridiculous.

I dont see anything wrong with her costume. It's not like she went as an offensive character or something...she went as Lil' Wayne.
lil wayne is offensive to the eardrums

As a black man I am going to choose not to be sensative about this.

its halloween
she is a lil female
she didnt mean any harm by it
she went as lil wayne

As long as she wasnt carrying a watermelon, rockin a KFC bucket as a chain, and wearing 40oz Old E bottle caps as a belt.....then I thinks she is fine. Let itgo, bigger fish to fry.
-The Juice

This issue comes up every Halloween. I think people were even arguing about it in last year's Halloween PYP.

And in threads like this (and all around the internet), someone makes a comparison of how someone else dressed up as a white person.
laugh.gif

Like someone else said, she probably meant no harm.

At the same time, knowing the history of "blackface," I can understand why some would be offended.

I can understand where both sides are coming from, though.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

As a black man I am going to choose not to be sensative about this.

its halloween
she is a lil female
she didnt mean any harm by it
she went as lil wayne

As long as she wasnt carrying a watermelon, rockin a KFC bucket as a chain, and wearing 40oz Old E bottle caps as a belt.....then I thinks she is fine. Let it go, bigger fish to fry.
-The Juice
this. she wasn't perpetuating any offensive stereotypes. people are too sensitive nowadays.

Uh, not a big deal.

I could see if she was trying to discriminate black people, but she went as Weezy...

PS, Facebook is something that you probably shouldn't use if you don't want to piss people off, and I'd hit it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

why doesnt anybody get offended when people dress up in whiteface though?

yall need to lighten up

Because black people didn't keep white people as slaves and put on minstrel shows dressed in white face where the characters were "buffoonish, lazy,superstitious, cowardly, and lascivious, who stole, lied pathologically, and mangled the English language."

I'm not saying people should be outraged in this particular case, but there's a huge difference between whiteface and blackface.

She got fired for dressing up as Lil Wayne at a halloween party?

*deletes facebook*

SMH

I don't really see a problem with it. She went as an actual person. And anyone who complains about this and not about Ronnie Price needs a reality check.If you think it's offensive one way then it should be offensive the other way too. It was Halloween and they both dressed as a person not as a stereotypeof a race, so I don't have a problem with it.

yes black face and white face is a huge difference.

more than likely she is ignorant to history of "black face"

either way, I hope she doesnt lose her $50 per game cheerleading job because of this
laugh.gif

either way, I hope she doesnt lose her $50 per game cheerleading job because of this

I think it's ridiculous because the intention of painting herself black was not paying tribute to the nasty past, but 100% as an attempt to be a characteron Halloween. I'm sorry to say it but whiteface = blackface...on Halloween.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

laugh.gif

thats kinda true though.

damn people here in Dallas were calling in to the fan (sports radio station) and one dude actually said lil wayne is a black icon.

I personally think this is a lot worse.

Who the %%*@ are you supposed to be, bro?

14632_1269072571329_1365294309_780029_3821934_n.jpg

If people dont understand the offensiveness of black face at this point then we haven't come very far at all have we?

meh.

i saw plenty of white people out there dressed as lil wayne and they pulled it off great.

she should have realized it wasn't necessary and that there was the possibility of this fall out.

Exactly.
but no ones offended about the mexican 'brownface'?

I'm offended by that too. That person must not have any sort of title or else they would be feling the same pressure.

Clearly she meant no harm, but she should know better.

Originally Posted by What up

I personally think this is a lot worse.

Who the %%*@ are you supposed to be, bro?

14632_1269072571329_1365294309_780029_3821934_n.jpg

info on the girl
nerd.gif

i dont see what the big deal is

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

If people dont understand the offensiveness of black face at this point then we haven't come very far at all have we?

meh.

Exactly.

so true
tired.gif

Basically but some people don't get it but I don't care about this chick dressing up as lil wayne if that's who she wanted to be.

over-sensitive. it's halloween and the point of getting in costume is to be as accurate as possible. what's the difference between buying a good maskand putting on make-up?

it's not like she's attending a minstrel show. she's at a halloween party.

only time I would consider it offensive is if I was going home with her and she made me put it in her----in that costume.

pretty sure that guy with the lakers jersey in all black make up is trying to be kobe... hence the white girl

i dunno. why you ask for info lol. its just some skeezer at a club

Back
Top Bottom