The Spirit --- Flop Of The Year???

Why do a Sin City style movie and not make it Sin City 2? I agree on the marketing though cause it peeked my interest a long time ago and now that it'sout, I just have no passion to see it.

They'll make up for it on DVD sales though. I remember when Tom Green made Freddy Got Fingered and that flopped like no other, but when it came out on DVD,they actually profited a lot of dough. Hopefully The Spirit will do that too but it will be hard.....

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Why do a Sin City style movie and not make it Sin City 2?
uhhh...cause it's the spirit....
indifferent.gif

No Lie though, When I first saw the Teaser posters I was hyped because I thought it was Sin City 2.

They spent what they made advertising on myspace
roll.gif
, ok maybe not but itwas still a flop and I didnt have to see Samuel Jackson in the trailer to know it would be.

Originally Posted by jjsrf

waste of money, the genius and creativity of sin city just came off as cheesy with this movie

They needed Frank Miller to write the screen play, not direct it. I think with another director, this movie could have been alot better.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It is the producers fault for releasing it on a bad weekend.

1. Marley & Me - Chick flick, Christmas time = $$$
2. Bedtime Stories - Kid/Family film + Christmas time = $$$
3. Benjamin Button - Brad Pitt, good story, Oscar type film
4. Valkyrie - Tom Cruise, Action, History.
5. Yes Man - Jim Carrey, Comedy, Week 2
6. Seven Pounds - Will Smith, Oscar Type film
7. Tale of Despereux - Animated film (see Bedtime Stories)
8. The Day the Earth Stood Still - Dwindling Blockbuster in it's third week.
9. The Spirit -
eyes.gif

I got to say, I had little interest in the film, but the studio didn't position the film to do good at the box office. A film like The Spirit with no Superstar to carry the film will not do good at the box office this time of the year.

^^^see above

Originally Posted by rtz13

samuel l jackson kills it for me
Agreed. When I saw him in the trailer I started thinking that I didn't want to watch the movie anymore. Now, seeing how dismal
the box office sales were I'll probably wait for video. Benjamin Button, Valkyrie and Revolutionary Road all look better than
the Spirit anyhow.

Originally Posted by GOODNIKES

The Spirit sucked...don't waste your time or money on this. Could have been a lot better, but yeah a complete waste.
No, it couldn't have been any better. This is what happens when Frank Miller gets his hands on a good comic and tries to give it his sin citytwist(see All Star Batman and Robin for further proof). Had this movie been Will Eisner's Spirit and not Frank Miller's Spirit it might have beenslightly better. The comic is just to campy to be pulled off right on the silver screen. The only saving grace is Eva's !@$

I don't hate the movie, but i don't like it either. It's one of those movies that if it happens to be on TV i'll watch it, but i won't buythe DVD.

And Frank Miller is Insane.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

nothing could be worse than gili
If you mean Gigli, I agree
laugh.gif
hahaha that movie was so butt. But I liked 300 and Sin City a lot, so that made me want to see The Spirit. Iguess I'll wait until it comes out to DVD.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by infamousod

I hated 300 and Sin City so I figured this would be just as bad.

I'm the opposite, I loved those two movies. This one just didn't seem that interesting to me
Yeah i agree, i love 300 and sin city...but this one looked stupid...sam jackson as an "octopus" didnt help out much either.

Originally Posted by jehims

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Why do a Sin City style movie and not make it Sin City 2?
uhhh...cause it's the spirit....
indifferent.gif
But I mean why take something that looks like Sin City and make another movie out of it. That is what makes Sin City....Sin City. You reuse thesame formula and you just kind of ruin what was so original that made that movie good. I can only see it used again if they made another Sin City sequel.

I remember watching the making of T2 Judgment Day and they talked about the technology of the liquid metal and how it was so ahead of its time but it got sooverdone by other movies, commercials, low budget cable shows that it got over shadowed. It's kind of the same thing I guess...sort of.

Originally Posted by john23friend85

Originally Posted by GOODNIKES

The Spirit sucked...don't waste your time or money on this. Could have been a lot better, but yeah a complete waste.
No, it couldn't have been any better. This is what happens when Frank Miller gets his hands on a good comic and tries to give it his sin city twist(see All Star Batman and Robin for further proof). Had this movie been Will Eisner's Spirit and not Frank Miller's Spirit it might have been slightly better. The comic is just to campy to be pulled off right on the silver screen. The only saving grace is Eva's !@$

I don't hate the movie, but i don't like it either. It's one of those movies that if it happens to be on TV i'll watch it, but i won't buy the DVD.

And Frank Miller is Insane.

John hit the nail on the head...

Originally Posted by infamousod

I hated 300
indifferent.gif

On a sidenote Sam Jackson is killing his career he been on a long $*% bad movie streak with the exception of Soul Men.

Man my girl took me to see this last night joint was horrible I literally searched for this post jus to warn other nt'rs not to waste thier dough FrankMiller owes me two hours of my life back Sin City 2 better b hott or i may seriously have to go after him legally for wasting m time

I'm glad I streamed it. I'm a big fan of Sin City and 300 but this movie doesn't come close to them, and it was weird too. I still don'tunderstand the Nazi scene. Does it have to do with being superior or the thought of being superior?

Back
Top Bottom