-
Mario Chalmers
-
Dexter Pittman
-
Shavlik Randolph
-
Kenny Hasbrouck

Not even a question in my mind, absolutely. Mike Miller and UD Haslem off the bench? That's two players who could probably start on a couple of playoff teams.

Miami's 8-9 man rotation probably shakes out like this.

Chalmers/House
Wade/Miller
James
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Ilgauskas

And after that, you still have back-end veteran help in Arroyo(capable and crafty ball handler),  James Jones (40% career three point shooter) Juwan Howard (6 fouls) and Big Kat Magloire (6 fouls on Dwight Howard).

Pat Riley went IN.

Not even a question in my mind, absolutely. Mike Miller and UD Haslem off the bench? That's two players who could probably start on a couple of playoff teams.

Chalmers/House
Wade/Miller
James
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Ilgauskas

And after that, you still have back-end veteran help in Arroyo(capable and crafty ball handler),  James Jones (40% career three point shooter) Juwan Howard (6 fouls) and Big Kat Magloire (6 fouls on Dwight Howard).

Pat Riley went IN.

that front line still sucks on D

but anyone who thought they would get NOBODY was stupid in the 1st place

but anyone who thought they would get NOBODY was stupid in the 1st place

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

No worse than what it was last year.  With Q-Rich, Beasley, and a washed up Jermaine O'Neal. And yet Miami still finished top 3 in the vast majority of defensive catergories/statistics.

Bosh somehow has taken on a rep that he's soft defensively. But he looked fine defensivly playing on the Team USA "Redeem Team", when he was actually surrounded by star talent/athletes, and not playing with all those Euro's in Toronto.

And as long as Pat Riley and his disciples(Spoelstra and company) are running the Miami organization, the Heat will always be a sharp defensive team. Regardless of the personnel. Defense is all about system, and getting players to commit to that system. The Heat since Riley has come on board have not finished outside the top 10 in defensive field goal percentage except for two years (the year Zo got sick and was forced to miss the majority of the season, and the 15 win lottery season a couple years ago).

Getting the superstar trio/talent was the hard part. Defense will be easy.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

No worse than what it was last year.  With Q-Rich, Beasley, and a washed up Jermaine O'Neal. And yet Miami still finished top 3 in the vast majority of defensive catergories/statistics.

Bosh somehow has taken on a rep that he's soft defensively. But he looked fine defensivly playing on the Team USA "Redeem Team", when he was actually surrounded by star talent/athletes, and not playing with all those Euro's in Toronto.

And as long as Pat Riley and his disciples(Spoelstra and company) are running the Miami organization, the Heat will always be a sharp defensive team. Regardless of the personnel. Defense is all about system, and getting players to commit to that system. The Heat since Riley has come on board have not finished outside the top 10 in defensive field goal percentage except for two years (the year Zo got sick and was forced to miss the majority of the season, and the 15 win lottery season a couple years ago).

Getting the superstar trio/talent was the hard part. Defense will be easy.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Chalmers/House
Wade/Miller
James
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Ilgauskas

Pat Riley went IN.
Obviously you're strong at 2,3,4.  However,  a team depending on Z to log big minutes at the 5 is in for a world of pain. Z is strictly pick-n-pop these days and with all due respect, he left his jump shot in 2005. You're going to need some post scoring other than Bosh.

I can see a team like Orlando punishing the Heats on the block.  They can stay somewhat competitive with Miami at 2-4 and they have big time advantages at the 1 and 5.

Chalmers/House
Wade/Miller
James
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Ilgauskas

Pat Riley went IN.
Obviously you're strong at 2,3,4.  However,  a team depending on Z to log big minutes at the 5 is in for a world of pain. Z is strictly pick-n-pop these days and with all due respect, he left his jump shot in 2005. You're going to need some post scoring other than Bosh.

I can see a team like Orlando punishing the Heats on the block.  They can stay somewhat competitive with Miami at 2-4 and they have big time advantages at the 1 and 5.

Miami looks real, REAL nice on the offensive end. But is there one person who plays defense on that team? dont tell me Lebron either, the only effort he gives on the defensive end is on those sneak attack blocks. They will get bodied in the paint especially. Lakers, Magic, and the C's have the size to murk those big men.

Now I agree, Bosh Wade and Lebron is even more
eek.gif
than when the Big 3 in Boston joined forces but I'm not sold that they will undoubtedly win the title this year. Im not trying to be biased or anything, but after its all said and done I think the Lakers will be the only team that can take them in a 7 game series. Dwight "Foul On You" Howard can definitely take a game or 2 but not a series, and losing Matt Barnes' defensive presence doesnt help.

Im also not sold on the fact that the C's are done and too old or washed up. Lets not forget they damn near beat LA without home court advantage, being up 3-2 in the series this past year at the Finals. (I know people like to say "Well if Perkins was playing, the C's would have won".... Well if Andrew Bynum was playing in '08, the Lakeshow would have won the whole thing
smile.gif

I really just want to see this Heat team play already, theres never been a more explosive and athletic trio on the same team in the history of the NBA.

Miami looks real, REAL nice on the offensive end. But is there one person who plays defense on that team? dont tell me Lebron either, the only effort he gives on the defensive end is on those sneak attack blocks. They will get bodied in the paint especially. Lakers, Magic, and the C's have the size to murk those big men.

Now I agree, Bosh Wade and Lebron is even more
eek.gif
than when the Big 3 in Boston joined forces but I'm not sold that they will undoubtedly win the title this year. Im not trying to be biased or anything, but after its all said and done I think the Lakers will be the only team that can take them in a 7 game series. Dwight "Foul On You" Howard can definitely take a game or 2 but not a series, and losing Matt Barnes' defensive presence doesnt help.

Im also not sold on the fact that the C's are done and too old or washed up. Lets not forget they damn near beat LA without home court advantage, being up 3-2 in the series this past year at the Finals. (I know people like to say "Well if Perkins was playing, the C's would have won".... Well if Andrew Bynum was playing in '08, the Lakeshow would have won the whole thing
smile.gif

I really just want to see this Heat team play already, theres never been a more explosive and athletic trio on the same team in the history of the NBA.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Chalmers/House
Wade/Miller
James
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Ilgauskas

Pat Riley went IN.

I don't understand how you can say Orlando has big advantages at the 1 and 5 and say that Orlando can stay competitive with them 2-4. Wade/James/Bosh destroys Carter/Pietrus/Lewis and it's not even close. Even when you factor in the bench with Miller/Haslem/Arroyo it beats Orlando's Anderson/Bass/Duhon. Jameer is just not as good as people think he is and he is constantly hurt and Duhon is hot garbage (I used to defend dude hard in the Knicks thread). Orlando does have an advantage at the 5 easily but Joel is an extremely underrated big man. Every Heat game I've seen he's always shown good defense and great hustle and Big Z isn't going to be putting in the same amount of minutes he did with Cleveland. There are A LOT of big bodies on this Heat team at the 5. You still have two guys in Pittman and Varnado that could end up being good defenders along with Magloire who's good for a couple fouls.

I also don't see why people are questioning Miami's defense. LeBron and Wade are lock down defenders. Last year they out rebounded their opponents, they had more blocks then their opponents, and they had more steals then their opponents. They also gave up the 2nd least amount of PPG (behind Charlotte) and held opponents to 43% shooting (which is 2nd behind Orlando). And this way last year with a Q Rich, Beasley, and O'Neal frontline. This team is a lot better then last years (complete understatement).

I hate to say it but I love how this team is built, and not just the superstar players. Riley really did surround this team with a great mix of defenders and shooters. Then again everything is still on paper so we'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Chalmers/House
Wade/Miller
James
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Ilgauskas

Pat Riley went IN.

I don't understand how you can say Orlando has big advantages at the 1 and 5 and say that Orlando can stay competitive with them 2-4. Wade/James/Bosh destroys Carter/Pietrus/Lewis and it's not even close. Even when you factor in the bench with Miller/Haslem/Arroyo it beats Orlando's Anderson/Bass/Duhon. Jameer is just not as good as people think he is and he is constantly hurt and Duhon is hot garbage (I used to defend dude hard in the Knicks thread). Orlando does have an advantage at the 5 easily but Joel is an extremely underrated big man. Every Heat game I've seen he's always shown good defense and great hustle and Big Z isn't going to be putting in the same amount of minutes he did with Cleveland. There are A LOT of big bodies on this Heat team at the 5. You still have two guys in Pittman and Varnado that could end up being good defenders along with Magloire who's good for a couple fouls.

I also don't see why people are questioning Miami's defense. LeBron and Wade are lock down defenders. Last year they out rebounded their opponents, they had more blocks then their opponents, and they had more steals then their opponents. They also gave up the 2nd least amount of PPG (behind Charlotte) and held opponents to 43% shooting (which is 2nd behind Orlando). And this way last year with a Q Rich, Beasley, and O'Neal frontline. This team is a lot better then last years (complete understatement).

I hate to say it but I love how this team is built, and not just the superstar players. Riley really did surround this team with a great mix of defenders and shooters. Then again everything is still on paper so we'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom