The Tesla Motors Appreciation Thread

I actually work in the industry. And have experience working with diesel truck companies. But what don't know :lol:

Shoot, I even started this damn thread

Always been a diesel fan... I mean, you can use corn as fuel :lol:... But VW has forever tarnished the reputation of diesels... I think diesels definitely have a future, especially in trucks and SUV's...

But the modern gas engine has also vastly improved in the past ten years... There are now multiple 3 and 4 cylinder petrol engines achieving 40+ mpg, while having better performance than a diesel counterpart would... Gas engines are still improving at a quick pace, and most manufacturers are seemingly shunning diesels, I don't think diesels will have a place in cars in the future...

I think the future is very small 3 or 4 cylinder turbo engines with a hybrid system... Lots of 1.0-1.5 liter engines putting out 120-150hp with a hybrid system adding an additional 20-80hp, depending on trim... Basically think Porsche 918 design on a Civic budget...

Always been a diesel fan... I mean, you can use corn as fuel :lol:... But VW has forever tarnished the reputation of diesels... I think diesels definitely have a future, especially in trucks and SUV's...

But the modern gas engine has also vastly improved in the past ten years... There are now multiple 3 and 4 cylinder petrol engines achieving 40+ mpg, while having better performance than a diesel counterpart would... Gas engines are still improving at a quick pace, and most manufacturers are seemingly shunning diesels, I don't think diesels will have a place in cars in the future...

I think the future is very small 3 or 4 cylinder turbo engines with a hybrid system... Lots of 1.0-1.5 liter engines putting out 120-150hp with a hybrid system adding an additional 20-80hp, depending on trim... Basically think Porsche 918 design on a Civic budget...

Shut up, Mark

Looks like Porsche Panamera in the front to me ^

.... I still want to get one. I would RSVP.

Last edited:
Prolly won't order one.

My A/C isn't working....again.

I had my car in January to fix that, a seat belt, and something with the battery that they recommended.

The last time they said there was no freon and that they ran a dye through it and found no leak.

The car is less than 3 years old and Freon shouldn't be gone so soon.

Didn't you have an odd issue with the charging cable also last year? How's that been so far?

New front end has zero design to it. I wonder if they even went into the wind tunnel for this model. Doesn't seem to have a lot of aerodynamic advantages in the front.

Just saw they're limiting pre-orders to two per person...interesting.

Last edited:
I don't know how people can not be distracted with that huge screen in the middle. Interior just looks minimal but the incentives will have people getting them.

I don't know how people can not be distracted with that huge screen in the middle. Interior just looks minimal but the incentives will have people getting them.
who cares about being distracted when the car dives itself 

Pre ordered mine, I probably won't realistically see it until mid 2018, by then the EV charging support will be much better in the Bay Area

I put a deposit down right after they showed the car... Then a minute later he says there's already 115,000 preorders :lol:
With teslas track record on meeting deadlines, I'd say earliest I would see one would be mid to late 2018.
I'm reading about how the $7500 federal credit likely won't be around anymore since tesla will have sold 200k cars by the time these actually release but who knows

I like it. Elon said the base model will do 0-60 in six seconds and will have autopilot which is surprising to me.

The grille looks odd. In most pictures the grille looks like someone censored it in ps.

Pre ordered mine, I probably won't realistically see it until mid 2018, by then the EV charging support will be much better in the Bay Area

won't lie

if i lived in SF

this would be a MUST

just cuz....

As of now the tax credits are extended to 2016 iirc. They'll have to extend the tax break again which they are likely to do
I like it. Elon said the base model will do 0-60 in six seconds and will have autopilot which is surprising to me.

The grille looks odd. In most pictures the grille looks like someone censored it in ps.

I'm certain it has autopilot hardware in every model BUT, they'll charge you to "activate" it.

I reserved :smile:

View media item 1975284

To me, its about a 2/3 scale Model S, which is to say it looks nice. My only real concern was Tesla financial stability and manufacturing ability to produce these fast enough to keep people interested.

I think a lot of people with pre order will flake out.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom