the thread about nothing...

Anyone know how to stop overthinking?
This guy's philosophy pretty much sums it up...

0IpNg7u.jpg

The Pope is coming to DC tomorrow and Wednesday

Hopefully it's not that crazy

Thinking i might work from home thursday-friday because of this. Not too sure how bad its going to get. They are saying they expect around 30k people coming in

man 30k thats nothing imagine having to deal with 1.5 million people. i need to stay far away from the "zone" come this weekend and im in the dead center of it all 
mean.gif

Last edited:
man 30k thats nothing imagine having to deal with 1.5 million people. i need to stay far away from the "zone" come this weekend and im in the dead center of it all :smh:  

They are expecting 30k on top of the regular DC cluster ****
Any excuse really to work from home though for me :lol:

[h2]A hedge fund bro bought an AIDS drug, then raised the price from $13.50 to $750[/h2]
Shkreli.jpg

Sharpen your pitchforks and light the torches — the Internet is approaching full-on angry mob mode. And this time, it just might be warranted. A former hedge fund manager purchased the rights to a drug that's been used for 62 years to treat parasitic infections, then hiked the price from around $13.50 per tablet to $750. The New York Times first reported on the price hike on Monday, leading to near immediate outrage. The drug is called Daraprim and it is used primarily to treat infants and people who have weakened immune systems — most notably those who have AIDS. It's among the most common treatments for life-threatening parasitic infections. Turing Pharmaceuticals bought the rights to the drug in August and soon raised the price. Turing was founded by ex-hedge fund manager Martin Shkreli, 32. He is now the Internet's public enemy No. 1.

Shkreli appeared on a variety of news programs including Bloomberg and CNBC to defend himself. He also quoted Eminem on Twitter.

Don't medical patents expire? Just buy the generic version...
typically a company gets a set amount of years to have 'exclusivity'. At the end of that term the company has to apply for an extension of exclusivity and make the case why they should still have it. I'm not sure if there is an exclusivity limit or not though.

typically a company gets a set amount of years to have 'exclusivity'. At the end of that term the company has to apply for an extension of exclusivity and make the case why they should still have it. I'm not sure if there is an exclusivity limit or not though.
Medicine patents are 20 or 25 years here in Belgium, I'm pretty sure it's 25 but I don't recall exactly. I would assume it's probably the same in the US. I haven't heard of patent extensions. Literally every medication I've ever taken has a generic version on the market.
I always buy generic versions of all my medications because it's much cheaper.

Last edited:
Medicine patents are 20 or 25 years here in Belgium, I'm pretty sure it's 25 but I don't recall exactly. I would assume it's probably the same in the US.
I buy generic versions of all my medications because it's much cheaper.
in the US it really depends on the treatment - whether it's for a new indication of an already approved treatment, a biologic, an orphan drug, etc. 25 years seems REALLY long though, I don't think any exclusivity lengths are that long in the US.

Last edited:
Well I started a new job and I'm the first black person to be hired since their inception feels good, hope I can break any misconception they had about blacks in the work place.

in the US it really depends on the treatment - whether it's for a new indication of an already approved treatment, a biologic, an orphan drug, etc. 25 years seems REALLY long though, I don't think any exclusivity lengths are that long in the US.
99% of the patents on medication currently on the market here have already expired so nearly everything has a generic version.
Aside from cancer medications I really can't think of anything that doesn't have a generic version available.
I think the patents are longer here because of the low cost of medication. I pay like $5 for a box of 60 opiate painkillers.

Last edited:
What part of Belgium do you live in fam? I did a study abroad in the summer but spent time traveling around Europe. Stayed in Brugge for a few days and went to Brussels, Antwerp, and Ghent. Was in Luxembourg for literally 4 hours
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom