the thread about nothing...

Any of y'all ever tasted swordfish? Our local fish market had some fresh swordfish today to my surprise, never seen it. Thought it was just a trophy fish and not something you can cook with so I bought some for my mom and I.

It tasted pretty weird and not what I expected at all, both in terms of flavor and texture. It tastes and feels a whole lot more like meat than a fish. Kind of like a steak with a slight touch of fishy flavor. The texture is a bit in the middle between that of tuna and an actual steak but with a mostly meaty flavor.

Overall it was pretty delicious and it's something that fills up your stomach very quickly, more so than tuna. Very healthy fish too with very little fat. Only downside is it's way too pricey for me (€36/kg) to have on anything but special occasions.

Any of y'all ever tasted swordfish? Our local fish market had some fresh swordfish today to my surprise, never seen it. Thought it was just a trophy fish and not something you can cook with so I bought some for my mom and I.

It tasted pretty weird and not what I expected at all, both in terms of flavor and texture. It tastes and feels a whole lot more like meat than a fish. Kind of like a steak with a slight touch of fishy flavor. The texture is a bit in the middle between that of tuna and an actual steak but with a mostly meaty flavor.

Overall it was pretty delicious and it's something that fills up your stomach very quickly. Very healthy fish too with very little fat. Only downside is it's way too pricey for me (€36/kg) to have on anything but special occasions.
I love swordfish

I like the american voice actors for dbz. Definitely prefer Goku's American voice to his Japanese one. The Japanese voice is way too high pitched.
Yeah, I can see why some people dislike the Japanese one. But since I saw DBZ with subtitles, I guess that became my set expectation.

giphy.gif
she looks so real
wood cop

Ranma 1/2 is a late 80s early 90s anime about a kid studying martial arts. Him and his dad were training by these cursed springs and they fell into them. The curse is that you turn into whatever drowned in the spring when you get splashed by cold water and turned back with hot water.

Ranmas dad fell into a spring where a panda drowned.
Ranma fell into a spring where a girl drowned.

The show follows their lives with these complications
Watching Ranma as a kid and experiencing nudity in anime, surprised me lol.

I'm not a fish person but when I do eat fish I eat salmon
Salmon is still my favorite fish at this time. Packed with flavor on its own already and perfect with a crispy skin on top.
I'd put swordfish at #2 though after tasting it.

There was a fish I'd easily put at #1 but it's been like a decade since I even saw it for sale anywhere. It was already rare back then but it just disappeared from the markets. Not sure if that's the real name but we called it "butterfish" here. Sometimes it was sold as "smalleye croaker" too.
Much like salmon it was a very fatty fish with tons of flavor, arguably more so than salmon. That was hands down the best fish I've ever eaten.

Sidenote: Also had white tuna for the first time recently. Absolutely disgusting, didn't even finish my portion.

Last edited:
What car u waiting on?

Just wait you'll see in due time.

Feelin out of place 'cause, man, do I miss

A pen and a paper, a stereo, a tape of

Me and Eric be , and a nice big plate of

Fish, which is my favorite dish

But without no money it's still a wish

'cause I don't like to dream about gettin paid

So I dig into the books of the rhymes that I made

To now test to see if I got pull

Hit the studio, 'cause I'm paid in full