the thread about nothing...

He probably did himself a disservice staying in the same hs division the last two years of his hs career

The jump in talent he's facing from hs to Duke will be pretty crazy

Good thing he has aau experience

Been had a pull up bar in my room for years and I NEVER use it.

It's about that damn time to start up again

20180619_120015.jpg

Multiple sport accounts on social media are reporting it, their not even saying its a correction though, they make it seem like the previous announcement never happened
I got my info from hypebeast.com about jay-z being president of basketball of puma. Makes no sense.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2018%2F06%2Fpuma-basketball-jay-z-president-operations-deandre-ayton-signing-0.jpg

ADAM COREY THOMAS/LA MAG
PUMA Basketball Relaunches with JAY-Z as President of Operations
Along with signing the likely No. 1 overall pick, DeAndre Ayton of Arizona.
By Robert Marshall/19 Hrs ago/Fashion
PUMA Basketball is back! The German sportswear brand announced it’s return to the hardwood today with a number of headlines, including the signing of JAY-Z as its president of basketball operations. According to PUMA’s global director of brand and marketing, Adam Petrick, via Complex, JAY will have a hand in selecting endorsees as well as assisting with the overall concept and direction of the brand.

“What’s important to him on a day like today is that it’s clear we’re making a serious push with players like Bagley, Ayton and Smith.” said Petrick. “We’re making a serious statement about the entry of the category, that we want to be a performance brand, but then also very culturally focused. It’s clear that we’re looking at basketball through the lens of culture, and thinking about the fashion of basketball, the music of basketball, all the aspects of culture around basketball as much as the on court presence that we will have.”

As alluded to above, PUMA also revealed its signing of top NBA draft prospects DeAndre Ayton of Arizona, Marvin Bagley III of Duke, and Zhaire Smith of Texas Tech. Each are expected to land somewhere in the lottery, with Ayton widely-considered the favorite to go No. 1 to the Phoenix Suns on Thursday.

This is big news for the brand, but does JAY have the experience to reignite the brand’s forgotten basketball division? One that hasn’t signed a player since Vince Carter entered the league in ‘98. Let us know your thoughts below.

In other JAY-Z news, be sure to check out his collaborative album with Beyoncé, EVERYTHING IS LOVE.

At what age do you consider musicians washed? Does peak between 20 and 45? Or are there actually a lot of 45+ old musicians that are great. Talking in general here. Like do piano players, cellists, etc get physically less able to perform at high levels?

Back
Top Bottom