the thread about nothing...

I hate it when uber drivers try making conversations.
I'm the opposite. I used to treat them as if they're my best friend for the entire ride. I stopped recently because I went in the Uber driver thread and saw most of them do not like to talk and do not like passengers sitting shotgun. :lol:

I just wish I could see which driver rated me down

I swear I was at a 4.8 or a 4.9 recently so it had to have been one of the last five drivers to rate me down lol

I'm the opposite. I used to treat them as if they're my best friend for the entire ride. I stopped recently because I went in the Uber driver thread and saw most of them do not like to talk and do not like passengers sitting shotgun. :lol:
Nah, if I have to take one that's my alone time. But I think sometimes they talk because they think that's what the passenger prefers and want a good rating and I never sit shotgun. If I think I wont ever see someone again, I wont bother saying much to them besides the usual polite Hi, Bye and Thanks. You sit Shotgun even if it's just you? Haha

I just wish I could see which driver rated me down

I swear I was at a 4.8 or a 4.9 recently so it had to have been one of the last five drivers to rate me down lol
What do you think you did for the driver to give you a lower rating? Did you make the driver wait? Did you talk too much?

The only time I take uber is when I need a ride to the airport early in the morning and dont like to bother people I know for a ride. I also dont like it when they call after my request at 5am just to ask if I requested a ride, No $h!7....I think ill give them a lower rating next time if they call to confirm. Im tired already and still need to make sure I got everything, you think I'm requesting a ride for fun?

Nah, if I have to take one that's my alone time. But I think sometimes they talk because they think that's what the passenger prefers and want a good rating and I never sit shotgun. If I think I wont ever see someone again, I wont bother saying much to them besides the usual polite Hi, Bye and Thanks. You sit Shotgun even if it's just you? Haha
Well the part that I am not likely to see them again makes it spontaneous and is why I enjoy these types of conversations. However, there have been a few times when I caught a ride in downtown Oakland and I immediately got the vibe that the driver is more of a "cab driver" than a regular person doing it for side cash, so I wouldn't spark a conversation. Most of the time my intuition was right and I got those same drivers again because they make their rounds in the area.

Backstory on why I used to think it is proper etiquette to sit shotgun if available.

Many moons ago, my friend was giving me and a few others rides home. He dropped off the others, so it was just me and him. I was in the back and he instructed me to sit shotgun. I was like "it's okay I'm only 5 minutes away". He insisted and said "I'm not your chauffeur". So from that day on, I thought that if I am alone with a driver and sitting in the back that is insinuating that he is beneath me.

Well the part that I am not likely to see them again makes it spontaneous and is why I enjoy these types of conversations. However, there have been a few times when I caught a ride in downtown Oakland and I immediately got the vibe that the driver is more of a "cab driver" than a regular person doing it for side cash, so I wouldn't spark a conversation. Most of the time my intuition was right and I got those same drivers again because they make their rounds in the area.

Backstory on why I used to think it is proper etiquette to sit shotgun if available.

What do you guys talk about? Most rides aren't that long, so there's really not much to say.

With über it's diff tho. They are the chauffeur. As long as im not rude to them, I think that's enough. That's just me tho. I respect you for being friendly to the driver.

What do you guys talk about? Most rides aren't that long, so there's really not much to say.
Usually goes like this
How are you doing?
Where are you from?
If they are from nearby, or I know something about their area then I mention that.
Then I ask them how long they've been driving for the service.
What do you do for a living if it is something besides driving or their previous occupation?
Then 8 times out of 10 it drifts into the Golden State Warriors and or the Bay Area housing market.

Reactions: Ube
Usually goes like this
How are you doing?
Where are you from?
If they are from nearby, or I know something about their area then I mention that.
Then I ask them how long they've been driving for the service.
What do you do for a living if it is something besides driving or their previous occupation?
Then 8 times out of 10 it drifts into the Golden State Warriors and or the Bay Area housing market.
Ah I see. Sounds like a typical passenger/driver convo. Im sure they get just about the same conversation with every passenger. They're prob sick of it. haha

Ah I see. Sounds like a typical passenger/driver convo. Im sure they get just about the same conversation with every passenger. They're prob sick of it. haha
Yeah but based on the Uber Driver thread, most of them don't like talking. So I stopped recently and I sit in the back now. I like talking to people when I drive, but I guess it is different when it's not "work".

Yeah but based on the Uber Driver thread, most of them don't like talking. So I stopped recently and I sit in the back now. I like talking to people when I drive, but I guess it is different when it's not "work".
Yea its just another job for them. Like most of us, we dont enjoy work...we do it cuz we have to. I see my coworkers pretty much everyday, I dont even bother trying to talk to them unless I really have to.

LavishThinFrilledlizard-size_restricted.gif

What do you think you did for the driver to give you a lower rating? Did you make the driver wait? Did you talk too much?
The only thing I can think of was that he may have wanted a bigger tip.

Sometimes after a ride ends there's a 5 dollar tip option and I just pick that cuz that's the max. Sometimes they ask for a tip by percentage. I pick 18 percent and it comes out to more than 5.

Not sure why sometimes they ask for tip by percentage on the app or they ask for a a flat tip regardless of ride price.

I'm always happy to tip 18 percent of the ride price but sometimes the app doesn't give you that option.

Ai first I use uber to brush up my communication skills.

Now i legit enjoy Having a convo with people and getting to know them...pretty fun

*Shrug*

Back
Top Bottom