the thread about nothing...

Man, stayed up to watch the Warriors blow that 31 lead.

Feel sick as a dog today; probably a combination of allergies and insufficient sleep. :smh:

Wasn’t invited to this wedding but everyone else in my family was

The family who didn’t invite me then invites me to this last minute cookout

I said straight up I didn’t feel like going and I think i offended him :lol:

Any reason why you didn't get invited to the wedding?

Could use some advice.

Long story short, within the last few months I've gotten to 'final stages' in the interview process with 3 companies. One outright told me it was a compensation decision, and the other two didn't mention that as a deciding factor, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was related. Do you guys suggest I lower my expectations and ask for less, or am I foolish to sell myself short? I certainly don't hate where I currently work, but if I can go elsewhere to do similar work and get paid a substantial amount more than what I'm currently making (albeit not being what I have been asking for), shouldn't I do it?

Could use some advice.

Long story short, within the last few months I've gotten to 'final stages' in the interview process with 3 companies. One outright told me it was a compensation decision, and the other two didn't mention that as a deciding factor, but there is no doubt in mind that it was related. Do you guys suggest I lower my expectations and ask for less, or am I foolish to sell myself short? I certainly don't hate where I currently work, but if I can go elsewhere to do similar work and get paid a substantial amount more than what I'm currently making (albeit not being what I have been asking for), shouldn't I do it?
Never ask for less money. If you get offered one of the jobs, you have the leverage.

Never ask for less money. If you get offered one of the jobs, you have the leverage.

I hear that. I'm just getting discouraged and thoughts in my head that maybe I'm asking for "too much". Which again, I raise the question of selling myself short or sticking to my guns and just waiting for the right role to hit for me.

I hear that. I'm just getting discouraged and thoughts in my head that maybe I'm asking for "too much". Which again, I raise the question of selling myself short or sticking to my guns and just waiting for the right role to hit for me.
I mean as long as you’re not asking for an absurd amount and you’ve done your research on the salary for your position, you should be fine. IMO if you sell yourself short, the people you interview with will notice. I think that was a problem I had at first. You’ll get the right role though. :nthat:

I mean as long as you’re not asking for an absurd amount and you’ve done your research on the salary for your position, you should be fine. IMO if you sell yourself short, the people you interview with will notice. I think that was a problem I had at first. You’ll get the right role though. :nthat:

Agreed, though I really mean for any future positions I apply to. That's where the selling myself short would factor in because I would be asking for less than what I have been with other companies.

Could use some advice.

Long story short, within the last few months I've gotten to 'final stages' in the interview process with 3 companies. One outright told me it was a compensation decision, and the other two didn't mention that as a deciding factor, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was related. Do you guys suggest I lower my expectations and ask for less, or am I foolish to sell myself short? I certainly don't hate where I currently work, but if I can go elsewhere to do similar work and get paid a substantial amount more than what I'm currently making (albeit not being what I have been asking for), shouldn't I do it?

How much are you asking for?
50% more than your current role?
What is the salary range for that role?

My boy said it's better to shoot for a higher # and then negotiate down.

F the warriors
:smile:
lou will pulling up
SociableLastFowl-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom