the thread about nothing...

I’d first loop your boss in -

“As you know I have enjoyed working here for xx amount of years. I have grown professionally and personally in this time and am thankful for it. Recently another company reached out to me and have gave a generous offer. I would like to stay with our team here at xx but need to think about the salary implications of this new offer. With this being said, can we try to make something work with HR to match what is being offered? Happy to put time on our calendar to discuss or in our next 1:1, but I have until the end of the week to make a decision.”

They then will write back and probably loop HR in. You will not need to show them any offer, that’s illegal.

My man, appreciate this. We actually don't have a traditional HR in place here tho, so it really would be my manager & COO to decide. The increase is very substantial - I'm talking $25K to leave so I really doubt they'll match it. But I need to shoot my shot.

My man, appreciate this. We actually don't have a traditional HR in place here tho, so it really would be my manager & COO to decide. The increase is very substantial - I'm talking $25K to leave so I really doubt they'll match it. But I need to shoot my shot.

What if they could do like 15 and add 5 to your bonus or something? I would also bring up path to a promotion as well.

There’s an NTer in our DC GroupMe I helped with this - he was offered an extra 30k and went to his company. They said they couldn’t do anything about the money BUT are now letting him work from home 3x a week.

What if they could do like 15 and add 5 to your bonus or something? I would also bring up path to a promotion as well.

There’s an NTer in our DC GroupMe I helped with this - he was offered an extra 30k and went to his company. They said they couldn’t do anything about the money BUT are now letting him work from home 3x a week.

15 & 5 I would have to think it over. I definitely want to take on more work because with that comes the justified increase in $. We are due to undergo a complete office renovation in August, so I have a feeling that will tie into the "We can't budget such an increase for you right now" kinda response.

And I mean this when I say it, it's not solely about the money, but it's a major factor. I've been applying/interviewing for months now and I see what else is out there salary & benefit wise, and it's a difference to where I am now. But I do enjoy the work & people here, so in reality a a significant salary bump would get me to stay. Working from home 3x a week won't cut it.

15 & 5 I would have to think it over. I definitely want to take on more work because with that comes the justified increase in $. We are due to undergo a complete office renovation in August, so I have a feeling that will tie into the "We can't budget such an increase for you right now" kinda response.

And I mean this when I say it, it's not solely about the money, but it's a major factor. I've been applying/interviewing for months now and I see what else is out there salary & benefit wise, and it's a difference to where I am now. But I do enjoy the work & people here, so in reality a a significant salary bump would get me to stay. Working from home 3x a week won't cut it.

Makes sense. If they value you as an employee they should definitely be willing to work SOMETHING out and make some sort of offer. Even if it’s we can do 25 now BUT can at the end of the year. Feel free to PM me.

Good morning TAN,

Didn't hear back from the recruiter regarding the positions I interviewed. Hoping I hear something today, since I sent out my 'thank you' letters to all the people I interviewed with. Just need to be patient. But I'm really like:
tenor.gif

Good morning TAN,

Didn't hear back from the recruiter regarding the positions I interviewed. Hoping I hear something today, since I sent out my 'thank you' letters to all the people I interviewed with. Just need to be patient. But I'm really like:
tenor.gif

Did you ask if this feels like a good fit? Should always be your last question.

I’m dropping business school advice for free 99 y’all.

Did you ask if this feels like a good fit? Should always be your last question.

I’m dropping business school advice for free 99 y’all.
I did actually and he said I am for the first two positions I initially applied for. When they reviewed the interviewer's notes, they felt that I would be a better fit for a higher paying position. So I interviewed for that position late Thursday afternoon. And now I'm waiting if they want to move forward offering me that position or being offered with either of the positions I initially applied for.

It's kind of weird how the recruiter told me that I'm going to get offered a role with the company. But not getting my hopes up until I officially see an offer.

Fozz Fozz did you ask the recruiter that or the hiring manager? Always ask the person who would be your boss as well if there’s anything you can give more clarity to.

Was this an in-house recruiter?

Good morning TAN,

tenor.gif

This sounds sooo nerve wrecking lol
Low key id be blowing up their phone once an hour on the hour

Fozz Fozz did you ask the recruiter that or the hiring manager? Always ask the person who would be your boss as well if there’s anything you can give more clarity to.

Was this an in-house recruiter?
I did interview with the Hiring Manager and the Director last, but didn't ask those questions directly. The recruiter is in-house and has been working closely with both of them.

Thanks for the tip, that should've been one of my questions when I was wrapping my interview. Smh.

This sounds sooo nerve wrecking lol
Low key id be blowing up their phone once an hour on the hour
:lol: It is. I think my adrenaline was running so high that when I finally calmed down, I caught a cold :smh:

Thinking of reaching out to the recruiter by lunch time or if I should just wait till Tuesday if I don't hear anything new today.

I did interview with the Hiring Manager and the Director last, but didn't ask those questions directly. The recruiter is in-house and has been working closely with both of them.

Thanks for the tip, that should've been one of my questions when I was wrapping my interview. Smh.

It’s all good it’s one of those things that takes some cajones to ask but it lets you know if you are on the same page.

If you have the recruiters direct line I would call this afternoon and put the pressure on - say another company just reached out for a final interview but you really thought they were the perfect fit.

It’s all good it’s one of those things that takes some cajones to ask but it lets you know if you are on the same page.

If you have the recruiters direct line I would call this afternoon and put the pressure on - say another company just reached out for a final interview but you really thought they were the perfect fit.
Calling is more appropriate than texting the recruiter right? People are telling me to text, but I don't think that's right.

Good morning TAN,

tenor.gif
This happened to me a couple years ago when I was supposed to hear back on my birthday. So frustrating. I really wish they did these things first thing in the morning

Why are lists of names sometimes referred to as "Baby Names" or "Children's Names"?
Presumably the baby/child will keep that name for the rest of their lives.

Back
Top Bottom