the thread about nothing...

Explain what you think the "un-fake" (real) part of that show is.
Uhh... the kids sitting there and being told why they are on the chopping block.

Could the words be scripted? Sure
Could the results have been massaged to go a certain way? I mean, why not?
Did those kids still have to sit there and be informed that they're going to lose on national tv? They sure do. A lot of kids fear putting themselves out there for any rejection of any kind. These kids are being rejected on national tv.

I guess it's a possibility that they are informed of the result prior to filming...but they are still rejected in front of everyone.

The fat kid that lost on tv is going to step to any broad he wants to. Why cuz hes already been rejected in front of everyone.

I remember the first time I saw a legal dispute involving the expected decorum surrounding "making it rain."

a star athlete (kinda wanna say Pacman Jones?) was in a gentleman's club tossing bank notes into the air, as is traditional, but a scuffle between dancers and security ensued when performers attempted to collect the bills.

"create a visual effect" stuck in my head from court docs because that's some bonafide pro wrestling ****.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Haven't watched this in forever might pop it in rn
20200204_185205.jpg

:lol: @ Discussing something that has been discussed in a locked thread being against the rules.

Which rule is being broken in this thread?
Yes, actually. If a thread containing inappropriate subject matter is locked, why would we allow people to resume the discussion elsewhere? That would defeat the purpose of the lock.

We have had that issue in this thread in the past, particularly with inappropriate images. A thread will get shut down and a few users will try and sneak it in here. We can't allow that - but the proper remedy is to use the minimum force required. That begins with content deletion and would advance to removing individual users from a discussion.

Closing a thread is a step that we reserve for instances in which the discussion itself is considered inherently disrespectful, inappropriate, or beyond repair. It would not be an appropriate action in this instance - but it was appropriate to lock a thread created to drag a disrespectful squabble from some other social media site onto NikeTalk. That thread, and some of the discussion here, was incredibly inappropriate and rife with offensive, homophobic comments. Locking that thread and putting a halt to its continuation here were justified. Disrespect is not justified or acceptable. Those responsible will hear from me.

Wow....

So $25 gets you a supporter badge? That's where that comes from? I lost my previous donation badges from the last changeover.
Last year, we created an optional supporter subscription for users who wanted a premium alternative to the site's advertising. We've committed to donating the proceeds from these subscriptions to charity, so all the hosting fees, etc. that keep the site itself running come from advertising - not subscriptions.

It was about giving everyone a choice.

You should learn the "details and rules" where that money go towards.

Methodical Management Methodical Management is there an option for refund or is the name i should not say via my keyboard making up stuff?

$20 Donation to be Ad-Free on NT $20.00 for 12 months
Expires: Sep 27, 2020
In appreciation for your gift of $20 USD or more to our charity fund, NikeTalk will gratefully apply a premium subscription to your account. Your subscription will last 365 days from the time your contribution has been processed and will remove standard display advertising from view while signed in with your NikeTalk.com account. (Please note that you may still see promotional content posted to our forums by or in association with NikeTalk's sponsors.)

Your contribution, less only those fees required to collect and process your payment, will be donated on NikeTalk's behalf to the charity or charities indicated at the time of your gift. As such, we are unable to offer any refunds.

Any premium subscriptions granted as a result of your gift cannot be transferred to any other user or account, and cannot be extended further than 365 days from the time your contribution has been processed. Subsequent donations made during an active term will not “stack”, or add an additional 365 days to a current term, but will instead result in a new subscription for 365 days to begin once we have processed your gift.

To check the expiration date for your current subscription, please contact us via support@niketalk.com.

Premium subscriptions are promotional items offered in reward for users who contribute to our charity fund. These subscriptions have no cash value and may be revoked at any time – including, but not limited to, the termination of a subscriber's NikeTalk.com account or the discontinuation of our service.

Thank you again for supporting the NikeTalk community!
As indicated in the terms you quoted, there is no option for a refund. It's not like a streaming video subscription where you can receive a prorated refund. We're giving all of the proceeds from these subscriptions to charity - and I'd rather not wait a full 365 days before we do so, just to make sure nobody wants a prorated refund in the interim. The system we're using to process these subscriptions is pretty basic, so the terms have to reflect that.

It's not like the old "Community Chest" feature on ezboard, where we had a set goal we needed to collectively reach to remain online. In this case, the funds we raise through advertising are the ones that we use to cover the site's costs, and the subscription proceeds are earmarked for charity.

In that sense, everyone who doesn't use an ad blocker is a supporter, but the badges help raise awareness of the option and are a throwback to the old charity badges we used to have back in the day on other platforms.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

As indicated in the terms you quoted, there is no option for a refund. It's not like a streaming video subscription where you can receive a prorated refund. We're giving all of the proceeds from these subscriptions to charity - and I'd rather not wait a full 365 days before we do so, just to make sure nobody wants a prorated refund in the interim. The system we're using to process these subscriptions is pretty basic, so the terms have to reflect that.

It's not like the old "Community Chest" feature on ezboard, where we had a set goal we needed to collectively reach to remain online. In this case, the funds we raise through advertising are the ones that we use to cover the site's costs, and the subscription proceeds are earmarked for charity.

In that sense, everyone who doesn't use an ad blocker is a supporter, but the badges help raise awareness of the option and are a throwback to the old charity badges we used to have back in the day on other platforms.

I hope that clears up any confusion.
I was never expecting a refund nor did i requested for one. kingcrux31 kingcrux31 falsified facts that a refund can be intiated. I gave that $20 whole heartlly cause i know the the money will benefit Charity since you've explained NT charity contributions in the past. Regardless of the ad free perks, i would've given that $20 regardless. But unfortunately due to your colleagues behavior attacking me with snide remarks as to buy happy meals instead cause "my feelings are hurt" i would not be renewing my subscription, i also wouldn't advise anyone else to contribute to the ad-free subscription that helps benefit Charities, due to that person behavior and actions, saying "im NOT Part of the community" is the biggest insult I've ever came across from anybody on this site. Very disappointed on how you pick leadership to moderate this site.

Last edited:
I was never expecting a refund nor did i requested for one. kingcrux31 kingcrux31 falsified facts that a refund can be intiated. I gave that $20 whole heartlly cause i know the the money will benefit Charity since you've explained NT charity contributions in the past. Regardless of the ad free perks, i would've given that $20 regardless. But unfortunately due to your colleagues behavior attacking me with snide remarks as to buy happy meals instead cause "my feelings are hurt" i would not be renewing my subscription, i also wouldn't advise anyone else to contribute to the ad-free subscription that helps benefit Charities, due to that person behavior and actions, saying "im NOT Part of the community" is the biggest insult I've ever came across from anybody on this site. Very disappointed on how you pick leadership to moderate this site.

Been told yall about these dudes.

And the censorship on here is on some other ****.

If that is the proper procedure, it was pretty poor form for your mod to come into this thread and threaten to lock it. Piss poor, in fact.

Also the "disrespectful squabble" was described as an "obvious joke" by your mod. The lack of cohesion is ridiculous.
Regardless of whether anyone involved in that petty Instagram feud felt it was a joke, we’re not going to tolerate the use of sexual identity as an insult. That harms far more people than the individual(s) such insults are directed towards, and is damaging to the community as a whole.

Users in here were repeating those allegations and insults. That’s not okay and it should be shut down.

Locking this thread due to the actions of a small number of users would be excessive. Our current system, which kingcrux may not yet be familiar with, allows us to remove or suspend individual users from a thread. He’s since been made aware of this and given a quick refresher on how we expect situations like this to be handled.

If he implied that our system could issue refunds, or that it was our policy to offer refunds, he was mistaken. This is a recently implemented system. It’s possible that he was misinformed or making an offer to personally reimburse you.

We expect all members if this community to treat each other with respect. Staff members should always treat their fellow community members with respect and vice versa. Many of our staff members, including kingcrux, are volunteers. They’re not paid to take abuse, so the attempts to poke and prod at him, and direct heterosexist insults at him, are totally unacceptable. That said, we expect all staff members to fully comply with all of the policies they seek to uphold at all times, regardless of circumstance.

I don’t understand about this whole thread diggin’ “rule”?

If it’s wrong then why haven’t y’all deleted the old threads from NT all together?

Back
Top Bottom