the thread about nothing...

my god... those calves
1592880355143.png

Drop in the wind, but wondering if anyone can help me locate this original photo? I can't find it anywhere on the web

It's Denise Oliver-Velez in the Young Lords main office in East Harlem, circa 1970, by Hiram Maristany.

All that info, and I still can't find it, Any help would be welcomed. Thanks

1592888261408.png

Drop in the wind, but wondering if anyone can help me locate this original photo? I can't find it anywhere on the web

It's Denise Oliver-Velez in the Young Lords main office in East Harlem, circa 1970, by Hiram Maristany.

All that info, and I still can't find it, Any help would be welcomed. Thanks

1592888261408.png
What exactly do you mean by locate the original photo? That exact photo or others like it.
Denise_oliver_Madison_ave_YL_office_sm.jpg

I messaged the artist, but you're right. I believe Hiram Maristany is on the web somewhere

Gonna see if I can get a hold of him. Thanks
Sometimes artists don't give up their work willy nilly and protect it as if it's intellectual property. So keep that in mind and don't take it personal if they deny you.

I think he means a high res of the image itself without the background.
I don't think anyone will be able to find it tbh. Hiram Maristany was the personal photographer and member of the Young Lord's and I'm guessing that art install is from a photo he took that was never released publicly. I'm guessing he has thousands of photos that aren't released as most professional photographers do.

Yea, the photo install is part of an exhibit. But the original photo itself I think is from a random photo from his collection.
Denise-Oliver-Minister-of-Economic-Development-SR-720x350.jpg
Right, I was thinking the same. But if he wants it bad enough, it doesn't hurt to try. All he has to do is spend like 10 minutes to find the contacts and write a message. What is the worst that can happen?

Back
Top Bottom