the thread about nothing...

Man I’m washed as hell.

this person has like 21 mill followers on insta and 46 million on tiktok. Her Wikipedia: social media personality that makes popular tiktok videos. That’s it. Has parents. Has siblings. End of career bio.

I know I know insta models been a thing for a min but it never ceases to shock me. Not a celebrity. Not dating a celebrity. Not a fashion designer. Didn’t invent anything. Doesn’t own a company. Not an athlete. Not an actor. Didn’t date a celebrity. Not a politician. Didn’t make a sex tape. Just a regular *** white high school girl who makes 15 second dumb dance videos.

what are we doing bruh? She got more followers this year than bibles printed. How does a regular *** picture of her standing there doing nothing get likes and shares?

Lol, tue, but we also always had runway models. They did pretty much nothing but walk an aisle and take pictures as well. Everyone knew who Cindy Crawford was in my day and she was only famous for her face.

If I had to play devil's advocate tho, I'd say another way I could look at it is, if she's getting money from being pretty then she sort of does have a business. Her social media is a business and she's the brand. She sells her image like any other company but without having to push a product like toothpaste. Basically every pic is like an ad in a magazine and every video is like a commercial pushing her brand. I dunno. It's odd to me too, but like you said, I'm washed just like you lol 😔

Man I’m washed as hell.

this person has like 21 mill followers on insta and 46 million on tiktok. Her Wikipedia: social media personality that makes popular tiktok videos. That’s it. Has parents. Has siblings. End of career bio.

I know I know insta models been a thing for a min but it never ceases to shock me. Not a celebrity. Not dating a celebrity. Not a fashion designer. Didn’t invent anything. Doesn’t own a company. Not an athlete. Not an actor. Didn’t date a celebrity. Not a politician. Didn’t make a sex tape. Just a regular *** white high school girl who makes 15 second dumb dance videos.

what are we doing bruh? She got more followers this year than bibles printed. How does a regular *** picture of her standing there doing nothing get likes and shares?

I feel your frustration fam, I really do. But remember, Value > success.

Schools Should Never Confuse Excellence and Success | Einstein, Albert  einstein, Einstein quotes

Lol, tue, but we also always had runway models. They did pretty much nothing but walk an aisle and take pictures as well. Everyone knew who Cindy Crawford was in my day and she was only famous for her face.

If I had to play devil's advocate tho, I'd say another way I could look at it is, if she's getting money from being pretty then she sort of does have a business. Her social media is a business and she's the brand. She sells her image like any other company but without having to push a product like toothpaste. Basically every pic is like an ad in a magazine and every video is like a commercial pushing her brand. I dunno. It's odd to me too, but like you said, I'm washed just like you lol 😔

good point, I never really thought of it that way. I just always assumed well at least Cindy Crawford worked hard for years and was an actress and blah blah. But you’re right, she was just pretty and that got her lots of runway opportunities, which led to lots of magazine covers and then she was considered successful.

so I guess looking at it that way, this young girl has actually put in more work than Crawford because shes creating whatever she creates herself, as opposed to some other third party telling her what closed to put on, where to stand, what photos will be released, etc.

But still i bet Runway models from the 90’s looking at gen z IG models like “maaaaaaan this is some bull****! I used to suck **** for runway space! You ever sucked **** for an IG post??!”
43895ABF-F01C-4538-8A56-78A80E4656E7.gif

Being a runway model requires a strict diet, exercise regimen, and who knows what else. These IG models don't have to sacrifice nearly as much for the most part.
Eh, coke has the same results 😁
giphy (4) (4).gif

Nah, you're right tho. IG models sacrifice a lot less for sure. But they don't have a boss or company to answer to also. They're pretty much entrepreneurs. It's always good when someone can make money without having to sacrifice too much. In the famous words of Shark Tank...she built a better mouse trap.

I don't think the models are a problem really. They make money without doing any harm. I think the better question to ask ourselves collectively as a people is why we like to follow them more than we follow people of importance.

Am I the only one who find it weird that people try to shame people for not wearing a mask out in public WITHOUT knowing whether or not they had rona beforehand?

Man I’m washed as hell.

1. Social media killed the tv/movie star.
2. Sex sells

People, especially 25 and under, are shifting their content consumption away from the tv screen and onto their phone screen. This ain’t going away and honestly I don’t see a problem with it. Same thing, different medium.

Back
Top Bottom