the thread about nothing...

I played fantasy basketball in college and it was too much for me. Players dropping out right before game time having to rotate the line up every single day. The "try-hards" who would drop and pick up players daily if it was a rest day for a star player

I smoked hookah pretty much everyday from July 2009 to early 2020. Quit it this past Jan.15th & haven't looked back. Not good for health or our wallets. Went cold turkey & haven't looked back since. It was a mix of wanting to quit the addiction/being sick & tired of it & to make healthier choices. Good luck on your journey to quit. Take it one day at a time. One day turns into 2 turns into 3 turns into a week into a month then 6 months+. Keep your mind & body busy, workout if thats an option, find a hobby. You will come out a happier & healthier person on the other side. Hit me up for any questions/comments
About 10 years ago I got into smoking hookah for about 6 months. It got addicting real quick. Went from going to the lounges and bars to buying a hookah and smoking at home couple times a day:smh:. Ontop of that it was time consuming. I tried e cigs for about a month back then too but quit cause I ended up double dipping both e cigs and sticks. Never tried the gum or the patch tho. For me having the cigarette in hand was part of the high.

giphy.gif

bb55412f422e1d2d20bff9ca89f7ba15.gif

About 10 years ago I got into smoking hookah for about 6 months. It got addicting real quick. Went from going to the lounges and bars to buying a hookah and smoking at home couple times a day:smh:. Ontop of that it was time consuming. I tried e cigs for about a month back then too but quit cause I ended up double dipping both e cigs and sticks. Never tried the gum or the patch tho. For me having the cigarette in hand was part of the high.
I hear you on that...it's super addicting. Only has .05% nicotine involved but more than enough to get addicted to it. Yup, that's the way it is 1st it's the lounges & bars than before you know it you have yourself your very own hookah pipe and stash of flavors & you can do it pretty much whenever you want. I never tried e-cigs or any other form of smoking- hookah was more than enough. I wasn't a smoker by any means but in July '09 my cousins opened up a hookah spot & I was 20 years old. They asked me if I wanted to work at the lounge & I figured could be fun hanging with the cousins & working. I remember my first smoke was guava flavor and I damn near coughed my lungs out lol. All my cousins did it, I was working at the lounge 5 days a week so pretty much always around it so before I knew it I was onto it too. Didn't help my ex was a hookah addict too & my brother & his lady. I'd go out have a good time smoke hookah but all that time & $ adds up real quick. I quit that job back in 2012 but continued the addiction. Them smoking commercials would always have me feeling shook & I knew I have to quit one day. I remember hanging with my brother & his wife & we'd all be off the following day so we'd smoke like damn near 4 maybe 5 times in ONE night lol. Sometimes I'd wake up with a pounding headache & feeling overall sluggish, it's a miracle I didn't get nicotine poisoning. I have it at home so it's always available. In the past I'd quit 5 maybe 10 days and then start up again. My brother would say ahh you'll be back or you know you want to smoke so I'd give in. But this past Jan I was like F this **** I mean it this time. 10 years of smoking can't be good for my lungs, wallet & the addiction was too real. I hated letting the addiction control me. I would walk great lengths to get my flavor before I had my cars, rain, snow, shine did not matter I was getting my flavor-that's how I knew I'm addicted. Never did like weed, cigs, cigars as it all tasted like smoke to me but at least with hookah it can be any flavor you want so it had a good aroma to it & a pleasant taste. Went cold turkey Jan.15th & have not & will not look back. It was a nice 10 years but all good things come to an end. Good riddance I say. Glad you're staying away from it too- it has nothing positive to offer. We can use our time, $ & energies into something positive/healthy that'll benefit us.

Same here.

Used to smoke Djarum.

Quit cold turkey when COVID hit and I saw images of people fighting to breathe.

Then the reports came out about smokers being at super high risk.

Havent bought a pack since.

Still will smoke one with brothers / family for holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas but that's it.

Funny thing is my body don't even respond the same. Definitely lets me know to put it down...like instantly. Oh? You wanna smoke huh? Chest tight, wheezing, coughing, spitting mucus. Not sexy at all. Plus the smell of the smoke bothers me now. Strange. Only been 9 months and I can tell the difference. 5 flights of stairs like butter now.

Damned if I let a chemical have that kind of power over me.
Having trouble breathing is super scary man, them pics don't lie. Glad you quit. And that last sentence about letting a chemical have that kind of power over us- that **** it too real

Having trouble breathing is super scary man, them pics don't lie. Glad you quit. And that last sentence about letting a chemical have that kind of power over us- that **** it too real

Speaking of trouble breathing....I just saw someone at my local Dollar store walk in using a plastic bag for a breathing mask :lol: :smh: Luckily some lady standing in line with him bought him one to wear.

Another reason I quit...

Being at home during COVID and watching daytime TV with a constant barrage of anti smoking commercials...scared the **** out of me.

A new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the maker of the PSAs, says the multi-million dollar campaign helped 100,000 Americans kick their smoking habits.

"Hard-hitting campaigns like 'Tips From Former Smokers' are great investments in public health," Dr. Tim McAfee, director of the CDC's Office on Smoking and Health, said in a statement. He also served as lead author on the new study.

"This study shows that we save a year of life for less than $200. That makes it one of the most cost-effective prevention efforts," he added.

Back
Top Bottom