the thread about nothing...

thank you everyone for all the positive thoughts and kind words. My mom ended up not recovering from her incident. And she passed away earlier this morning. She remained unresponsive after extubations, so me and my sister honored her wishes not to be left on life support.

We stayed by her side all day Friday and into this morning while the family that could make it in time came to say their goodbyes.

My mom lived a very hard life of addiction and substance abuse but worked hard to battle her demons. Even to the very end she was still committed to regularly attending AA and NA meetings and was even enrolled in a treatment facility at the time of her passing.

I can move on in peace knowing that her pain and struggle is over, and the family she had burned bridges with had the heart to forgive her, say their peace, and offer apologies to her as well. A sister who disowned her came to support her in these last months. And a brother that molested her when they were young, came to visit her a few months before she passed as well. He had never apologized in the 50 years since the abuse. And he was also at the hospital the entire time.

I have no judgment towards my uncle, that remains between him and the lord. I’m choosing to keep my focus on the positive memories of my mother and her life. And I’ll be mindful of how these experiences guide me the rest of my life. Thank you all again. I really appreciate the uplifting thoughts or comments.

Called in sick today, policy is you talk to a manager and tell them. He didn’t answer so I left a voicemail.

20 bucks says I walk into a write up tomorrow. :lol:
same here. our manager on one of our sites must be a sociopath. never asked me for a meeting but rather informed that it is mandatory and couldn't tell anyone about it and sets up a union rep of her choosing. emailed her back that I cannot attend the meeting and would talk to my actual union rep about it and would talk to her once I get my own business settled. never answered her call since I don't want to be bothered since it's a long weekend. will talk to my union rep about it on monday.

thank you everyone for all the positive thoughts and kind words. My mom ended up not recovering from her incident. And she passed away earlier this morning. She remained unresponsive after extubations, so me and my sister honored her wishes not to be left on life support.

We stayed by her side all day Friday and into this morning while the family that could make it in time came to say their goodbyes.

My mom lived a very hard life of addiction and substance abuse but worked hard to battle her demons. Even to the very end she was still committed to regularly attending AA and NA meetings and was even enrolled in a treatment facility at the time of her passing.

I can move on in peace knowing that her pain and struggle is over, and the family she had burned bridges with had the heart to forgive her, say their peace, and offer apologies to her as well. A sister who disowned her came to support her in these last months. And a brother that molested her when they were young, came to visit her a few months before she passed as well. He had never apologized in the 50 years since the abuse. And he was also at the hospital the entire time.

I have no judgment towards my uncle, that remains between him and the lord. I’m choosing to keep my focus on the positive memories of my mother and her life. And I’ll be mindful of how these experiences guide me the rest of my life. Thank you all again. I really appreciate the uplifting thoughts or comments.
May she rest in peace forever in God's kingdom. Condolences to you, your sister and your whole family

same here. our manager on one of our sites must be a sociopath. never asked me for a meeting but rather informed that it is mandatory and couldn't tell anyone about it and sets up a union rep of her choosing. emailed her back that I cannot attend the meeting and would talk to my actual union rep about it and would talk to her once I get my own business settled. never answered her call since I don't want to be bothered since it's a long weekend. will talk to my union rep about it on monday.

We got the same boss, mine threatened my job because I gave him advance warning I had to leave early one day to get my daughter from the airport.

Walked right out of the office and sent the union Stewart in. :lol:

We got the same boss, mine threatened my job because I gave him advance warning I had to leave early one day to get my daughter from the airport.

Walked right out of the office and sent the union Stewart in. :lol:
everyone at work are chiming in on filing a formal complaint on booting her out. I just won a grievance last year when I was booted out of employment to what the company says a "technical difficulty". her offenses are piling up and I guess she is headhunting everyone at work with their absences which are not her business since we are entitled. problem of the matter is that she is the one that's deciding which is an LOA or a paid absence. I mean, wtf? since when did that happen that someone would decide for you? man, god forgive me.

everyone at work are chiming in on filing a formal complaint on booting her out. I just won a grievance last year when I was booted out of employment to what the company says a "technical difficulty". her offenses are piling up and I guess she is headhunting everyone at work with their absences which are not her business since we are entitled. problem of the matter is that she is the one that's deciding which is an LOA or a paid absence. I mean, wtf? since when did that happen that someone would decide for you? man, god forgive me.

I think my manager will be fired too soon but the problem is the director is just as bad. This used to be a job people stayed at and retired now you just walk off like it’s nothing.

Safety is also becoming an issue, new managers, new staff and no one knows anything. My manager let a plane by he was supposed to hold while I was de icing a runway the other day. Pilot contacted the tower over it and the FAA is involved.

You hold the plane or tell me to stop. Don’t just let me and the pilot have to work it out amongst ourselves. That’s what ground control and managers are for. **** is embarrassing.

Have one in my arm pit. Was gonna use nail clippers 🙈

Will try the floss.

If they’re tiny you can just nip them off - the little blood vessel won’t bleed much and any nub left will rub off.

For larger ones you can get these things - it’s basically an injector for a tiny rubber band - you load the rubber band and it stretches it out to about 4mm then you press the button and it pushes it off so it’s around the skin tag - then a week or so later it will just drop off.

IMG_0372.jpeg

Basically the same as tying it off - but it’s easier to do, especially if you have to use your off hand.

If they’re tiny you can just nip them off - the little blood vessel won’t bleed much and any nub left will rub off.

For larger ones you can get these things - it’s basically an injector for a tiny rubber band - you load the rubber band and it stretches it out to about 4mm then you press the button and it pushes it off so it’s around the skin tag - then a week or so later it will just drop off.

IMG_0372.jpeg

Basically the same as tying it off - but it’s easier to do, especially if you have to use your off hand.

Holy this is actually ingenious . Thanks man 🙏

I see where you're coming from, but I also see how people would look at this as if you're saying "Why can't people without money just have money?" 😂😬

I was just talking to a friend about our finances the other day, and it turns out he makes roughly 15% more than I do, but he is constantly broke, constantly asking me for money. Currently owes me $800 because his transmission went out at the end of February and I just paid for it (him and I are neighbors, our kids have grown up together, yadda, yadda). So we were talking about it a couple of days ago and I asked him if he wants me to try to work with him this year to have $2000 saved by the end of the year, $2000 that he could just burn if he wanted to and it wouldn't affect his life at all. He said yeah, and the first thing I talked to him about was shopping for groceries and cooking instead of fast food. He was all about it during the convo, but then every day since then, it's fast food, CONSTANTLY. I'm talking a couple times a day. And he's got 2 kiddos. He'll walk into the house in the evening with the littles & like 4 boxes of pizza & 2 liters. Like... bruh, you're spending as much on food in 2 days as my teenage son & I spend in a week. :/
Financially literacy is super important
I got a uncle that lives off social security
And he spends his money on mobile games and door dash to the point he can’t even pay his rent like
Why the **** would you do that when you are fully aware you live in a fixed income
Not being judgmental at all because I personally know these people

But I think it’s all about perspective and finding a alternative that could financially benefit you

Back
Top Bottom