the thread about nothing...

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by Cole World

I'm driving to LA on Saturday.
What are some dope spots to hit up?
I don't drink or smoke.
Also what are some things to look out for while driving?
For instance I've heard that some LA drivers don't use their signals so the car behind them don't know what they are going to do.

pimp.gif
L.A. Driver checking in
What are some things to look out for while driving?

i dont think driving in LA is much different.  be prepared for a lot of traffic.  be prepared to deal with a lot of idiots who just dont know how to drive.  just gotta drive a bit defensive and you'll be fine. 

what part of LA are you staying in?  Its a pretty big sports weekend in town this weekend with the Clips, Lakers, and Kings all having playoff games at Staples.  Even if you dont go to the games themselves it might be interesting to watch the game at ESPN Zone or some other bar/restaurant at LA Live across the street from Staples.  I'm sure there are gonna be a ton of people out and the people watching should be good.

The weather should be really nice this weekend.  You might wanna head out to Santa Monica or Venice.

bombed my chem final 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
 and my final grade in the class isn't showing up...
this is it fambs, it's over 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

The%2BPharcyde%2B-%2BBizarre%2BRide%2BII%2BThe%2BPharcyde.jpg

I know I'm late but just started bumping this
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
how old are you?

Edit:
I realized yesterday while in my garage that I have over 500 albums(mostly hip-hop) boxed up in my garage.

Originally Posted by kix28

iYen wrote:
I don't drink or smoke.
For instance I've heard that some LA drivers don't use their signals so the car behind them don't know what they are going to do.Dude when you're here in la check out PINKS hot dogs best hot dogs in the world. Roscoes chicken and waffles, sprinkles for red velvet cupcakes. Honestly just do whatever u wanna do and go HAM.

I've heard Bill Burr talk about that place on his podcast.
He said it's good but the line is ridiculously long.
Hopefully it's not too long, if we go there.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

i dont think driving in LA is much different.  be prepared for a lot of traffic.  be prepared to deal with a lot of idiots who just dont know how to drive.  just gotta drive a bit defensive and you'll be fine. 

what part of LA are you staying in?  Its a pretty big sports weekend in town this weekend with the Clips, Lakers, and Kings all having playoff games at Staples.  Even if you dont go to the games themselves it might be interesting to watch the game at ESPN Zone or some other bar/restaurant at LA Live across the street from Staples.  I'm sure there are gonna be a ton of people out and the people watching should be good.

The weather should be really nice this weekend.  You might wanna head out to Santa Monica or Venice.

What's the best time in the morning/evening to avoid traffic?
Downtown LA by the civic center.
Damn, I didn't even know that since I don't keep up with sports.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by MjWizKid

tumblr_m3pvr7zT8w1qgqu54o1_250.gif
tumblr_m3pvr7zT8w1qgqu54o2_250.gif

tumblr_m3pvr7zT8w1qgqu54o4_250.gif
tumblr_m3pvr7zT8w1qgqu54o3_250.gif

tumblr_m3pvr7zT8w1qgqu54o5_250.gif
tumblr_m3pvr7zT8w1qgqu54o6_250.gif
eek.gif

the memories!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
When I looked at the gamecube, PlayStation, and sega gifs, I was able remember the sounds that were associated with them.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nineteen92

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

I'm about halfway thru watching Chronicle for the first time...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

It's a great movie so far, isn't it? 
pimp.gif
Super underrated, and a great allegory for bullying
dude just walked off the deep end with no dambs given

iYen wrote:
I don't drink or smoke.
For instance I've heard that some LA drivers don't use their signals so the car behind them don't know what they are going to do. Dude when you're here in la check out PINKS hot dogs best hot dogs in the world. Roscoes chicken and waffles, sprinkles for red velvet cupcakes. Honestly just do whatever u wanna do and go HAM.

I'd avoid Pinks if I were you.  Its just a lot of hype.  I mean, i think it tastes ok, but thats only because every Pinks visit I've ever had was late at night when I was obliterated drunk and/or faded.  If you are going to be staying in the downtown area and you want to get a hotdog, id recommend checking out Wurstkuche which is right around Little Tokyo.  Its a beer+sausage place that can be overrun by hipsters and foodies, but if you can get by all that BS the food and beer is pretty solid.  It may even be walkable for you depending on the exact location of your hotel.  I cant speak to the safeness of the area since i dont spend all that much time in that part of town, but I think it should be OK.

Another restaurant that I like should be in walkable distance from you.  Its called the Lazy Ox Canteen.  Might be worth checking out for convenience (and good food).

On the weekends the traffic is pretty consistent, especially on the 110 between the 5 and 10 interchanges.

Ayo IYEN u said u dont drink or smoke if u dont mind how old are u bro? Just wondering since ur going to la ur not tryna party up here in la? Also the line fot Pinks hot,dogs depends on what time u go there.

Also the other nter who said about that beer and bratwursts spot yeah I heard about that spot been meaning to try it.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Nineteen92

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

I'm about halfway thru watching Chronicle for the first time...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

It's a great movie so far, isn't it? 
pimp.gif
Super underrated, and a great allegory for bullying
dude just walked off the deep end with no dambs given
No dambs what so ever.
pimp.gif

Only thing this movie needed was...

but then it did... ANDREEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Boxed water... I want one�
laugh.gif

Interesting.

I thought he would mention why boxed water is better, the facts were moving too quick, but I thought it would mention something about how plastic isnt good for water or whatever.

iYen wrote:
I don't drink or smoke.
For instance I've heard that some LA drivers don't use their signals so the car behind them don't know what they are going to do. Dude when you're here in la check out PINKS hot dogs best hot dogs in the world. Roscoes chicken and waffles, sprinkles for red velvet cupcakes. Honestly just do whatever u wanna do and go HAM.

I'd avoid Pinks if I were you.  Its just a lot of hype.  I mean, i think it tastes ok, but thats only because every Pinks visit I've ever had was late at night when I was obliterated drunk and/or faded.  If you are going to be staying in the downtown area and you want to get a hotdog, id recommend checking out Wurstkuche which is right around Little Tokyo.  Its a beer+sausage place that can be overrun by hipsters and foodies, but if you can get by all that BS the food and beer is pretty solid.  It may even be walkable for you depending on the exact location of your hotel.  I cant speak to the safeness of the area since i dont spend all that much time in that part of town, but I think it should be OK.

Another restaurant that I like should be in walkable distance from you.  Its called the Lazy Ox Canteen.  Might be worth checking out for convenience (and good food).

On the weekends the traffic is pretty consistent, especially on the 110 between the 5 and 10 interchanges.

Cosign this place. Fries are pretty good too.

Downtown is going to be hectic this weekend.

Where are you coming from?

Back
Top Bottom