the thread about nothing...

I don't drink coffee nor do I drink soda, and so for a source of caffeine/energy, I've started taking a GNC-herbal caffeine pill. Not sure if it's all mental or not, but I feel it working. I'm not dependent on it though, because I don't use it everyday. 

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by cord15

As far as grades and school goes.....
I stopped caring about doing work in high in school when I was a sophomore and got my ACT scores back . (Won't say what I made but it was pretty good especially for a 10th grader. My guidance counselor hated when I went in her office cause she thought I was lazy because I never took the test again.) I got sub-par to decent grades in college. I graduated in 4.5 years, wanted to do law school but didn't take the LSAT. Knew the right people at another university and was admitted into graduate school with no GMAT scores. Did a semester there without taking the test, finally took it and the MBA coordinator went crazy saying I should be teaching at undergrad level at the university. Graduated in 2.5 years (would've been sooner but I started program in the spring so my courses were out of whack) with a 3.7 something (only 2 B's during program). My independent research paper (thesis) was a comparative analysis of Nike and Adidas. Got a job right after school but it's not the one I want but I 'm grateful 'cause I know the job market is bleak. I'm only 25 so I have time (unless the Man upstairs says otherwise) to mess around for a little while. Plan on retiring before 45. (I have a few schemes in the works.)

P.S. My high school counselor was right. I'm ridiculously lazy. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

laugh.gif
 humble bragginton for sure.

one thing you mentioned though.

it still comes around to the "who you know".  I didnt go to grad school, didnt even apply, and have no intention of ever going.  That being said, isnt it borderline required to take the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or whatever other respective standardized test to get into a masters or doctorate level program/school?

I really dont see how you can get around not taking it, making taking and not getting the required score and still getting in, but completely not taking it ....

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Heather Morris could touch it with her lips on a sunday *shrug*

Those pics did nothing for me. Which is surprising because I'm usually not picky

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Heather Morris could touch it with her lips on a sunday *shrug*

Those pics did nothing for me. Which is surprising because I'm usually not picky
those pics let me know who she is.
now that i know she has some glee money & likes to dougie.........
devil.gif

if i have to tell you the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again i will eventually have to terminate you.
30t6p3b.gif

Damb...just got the e-mail saying I wasn't admitted to Columbia University...womp.

On the plus side I don't know if I started the humble braggington trend on NT right now but I'll continue to think I did.

Originally Posted by cord15

As far as grades and school goes.....
I stopped caring about doing work in high in school when I was a sophomore and got my ACT scores back . (Won't say what I made but it was pretty good especially for a 10th grader. My guidance counselor hated when I went in her office cause she thought I was lazy because I never took the test again.) I got sub-par to decent grades in college. I graduated in 4.5 years, wanted to do law school but didn't take the LSAT. Knew the right people at another university and was admitted into graduate school with no GMAT scores. Did a semester there without taking the test, finally took it and the MBA coordinator went crazy saying I should be teaching at undergrad level at the university. Graduated in 2.5 years (would've been sooner but I started program in the spring so my courses were out of whack) with a 3.7 something (only 2 B's during program). My independent research paper (thesis) was a comparative analysis of Nike and Adidas. Got a job right after school but it's not the one I want but I 'm grateful 'cause I know the job market is bleak. I'm only 25 so I have time (unless the Man upstairs says otherwise) to mess around for a little while. Plan on retiring before 45. (I have a few schemes in the works.)

P.S. My high school counselor was right. I'm ridiculously lazy. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

laugh.gif

Dudes post was the Definition for a HUMBLE BRAGG...ishh was almost sickening...
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

1. Why does Meatloaf get such a bad rap? When done correctly, it can be an amazing meal. Not sure why people trash meatloaf.

2. I am getting tired of eating cabbage but I can't stop eating it.

3. Anyone here drink/eat prune juice/prunes? Good digestive assistant.

4. Barilla Whole Wheat Spaghetti + Little Soy Sauce + Garlic Chili Sauce is a very good dish. Throw some veggies and meat in there and you will be eating good.

5. My legs itch after I have been running for about 15 mins. Does this happen to anyone on NT? I researched Lemon Juice + Cayenne Pepper is an anti-itch device. I think I might mix some together in a spray bottle + water and spray it on my legs before I run.

6. Rose is going to go at Lin tonight. Love watching that dude play.

7. The bugs are out man. It was 70 here in DC today. I went for a bike ride and I rode into a gang of gnats. I swallowed a lot of them (No Cap stuff).

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Damb...just got the e-mail saying I wasn't admitted to Columbia University...womp.

On the plus side I don't know if I started the humble braggington trend on NT right now but I'll continue to think I did.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

damb, they don't even mail out rejection letters anymore? thats grimey.    

man, I've been sick pretty much all of February, and im now just starting to feel 100%

on top of that, im taking a firefighter agility course at my local CC, and it the honestly the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, its so much harder than crossfit

class meets on Monday and wednesday from 205-440 and to this day I STILL throw up every class sesssion
ohwell.gif
{

aint no joke, i need to get better

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

laugh.gif

one thing you mentioned though.

it still comes around to the "who you know".  I didnt go to grad school, didnt even apply, and have no intention of ever going.  That being said, isnt it borderline required to take the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or whatever other respective standardized test to get into a masters or doctorate level program/school?

I really dont see how you can get around not taking it, making taking and not getting the required score and still getting in, but completely not taking it .
My apologies for the "humble bragg" (I guess), but I was sharing my educational experiences, kinda like the guys on the last 3 pages. Anyway, the "who you know" and "not what you know" is the realest cliche ever. It's likely responsible for me getting this......
c08153e49a29968f708033a56e62aa09f8b7030.jpg
  without taking the GMAT before I enrolled in the program. The moral of the "humble bragg" (amazes me how NT comes up with its own terms, I've never heard this anywhere else) is that as long as you have decent grades, knowing the right person/people is likely to be more valuable than knowing the right things.

I'm currently in a masters program that did not require any standardized test. I think it really depends on your field.

I'm so ready to move out. I was getting ready to last year, but after changing majors I lost my job.
Finally found a new one and I make half of what I used to, and can't afford an apartment anymore
frown.gif

Originally Posted by wanksta23

man, I've been sick pretty much all of February, and im now just starting to feel 100%

i know the feel, bro. been sick for nearly 3 weeks now. 3 different illnesses.
can't wait for the day i wake up feeling 100%.

If I moved to a California I would probably be a complete hippie. It's in my spirit and a dude I was dating about a year ago moved out there and he's on his hippie %!$%. I just wanna smoke weed legally, surf, and watch the sun set and rise.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I'm so ready to move out. I was getting ready to last year, but after changing majors I lost my job.
Finally found a new one and I make half of what I used to, and can't afford an apartment anymore
frown.gif

I know that feel

cord15 wrote:
My apologies for the "humble bragg" (I guess), but I was sharing my educational experiences, kinda like the guys on the last 3 pages. Anyway, the "who you know" and "not what you know" is the realest cliche ever. It's likely responsible for me getting this......
c08153e49a29968f708033a56e62aa09f8b7030.jpg
  without taking the GMAT before I enrolled in the program. The moral of the "humble bragg" (amazes me how NT comes up with its own terms, I've never heard this anywhere else) is that as long as you have decent grades, knowing the right person/people is likely to be more valuable than knowing the right things.

I like your name Cordario 

Back
Top Bottom