the thread about nothing...

Yuku wrote:

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

YUKU @!%#%!* SUCKS!!!
!!!
you-mad-bro.png

Originally Posted by 216301baller

Question for my NT Kappas...since my school.doesn't have a chapter is it possible that I can pledge at a surrounding school

Just put it out there huh?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Mad Men's biggest problem is it doesn't have violence, action, or a routine threat of death. That isn't even a problem for the show itself, it's just a problem when audiences are used to Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc., type shows that deliver more action or true suspense.

It's one of the best written shows on television, point blank. It's able to combine slow burning dramatic storylines, immediate character and audience satisfaction when they explore the business aspect of the show, the women and Don's exploits brings a very entertainment element, and it's hysterical at times. It rewards a patient audience that can appreciate developing themes, characterization, and story over multiple episodes or an entire season. You're not going to get a surprise twist or shocking moment in every episode, but that isn't a flaw.. it's great without needing that. It's well acted, Jon Hamm, Elizabeth Moss, John Slattery, are all tremendous. The sets, wardrobe, music, etc., all combine to truly create a different world of the 1960s. It's worth mentioning because it's not as easy as just putting them 2011 and calling it day, all of the details come across in a big way when watching.

Thematically, it's arguably the best show since The Wire on TV. From it's setting in the 60s, it can explore numerous areas that might go unnoticed by other shows. Sexism, the developing feminist movements, women in the workplace, etc. It shows the "American Dream" and the inherent flaws of that and the new changes that was brought by the 60s. The traditional and conservative beliefs being challenged by the emerging counterculture. One of the biggest themes in the show is that of identity. "Who is Don Draper?" isn't just a tagline for the show, but it's a real question that is continually asked and answered. From that the show addresses how one creates their identity and the individual's own control over it, the choices we have in how we present ourselves to the world. Through Don and the other characters you're given numerous interpretations and views of successful careers, family, friendship, self-identity, etc.

And recently, the best part of the show is it's gotten better. This past season has been one of the best, if not the best. The writers and actors are absolutely on fire and their confidence really comes through in the show. There's no laziness or disinterest by anyone involved, they're on top of their game and it's almost unfair how easy they make it look.
Well damn, thanks for the insight/analysis.
I'll give Mad Men another shot.

Originally Posted by cord15

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

So a chick I was seeing just broke it off with me out of the blue. Like literally in mid-sentence.

Then hit me with "I hope we an be friends!" ehhhhhh....No.
laugh.gif

I would say it feels bad but I have other things to worry about and too much going on to care that much.

You guys care.

If all guys here had this attitude, there wouldn't be any girl problem threads. Hats off to you, sir. 
How are you guys disciplined enough to work out daily? I need to get back in shape asap. I haven't been able to dunk in like 5 years. I'm not even close now.
Thanks fam 
pimp.gif

I mean, I'm more irritated at the fact that it was done like it was a part of the conversation we were having 
laugh.gif
 some sucker $&^#

I'm in the process of trying to move, starting my grad program that I wanted to get into. Life goes on.

Originally Posted by Mister916

OKC 
9c1152ebaca57c5b225c850fffc2dca9839f1a5.gif

Sorry Seattle Supersonics fans
ohwell.gif
As much as I dont want the Thunder to win. I got nothing but love and respect for those players and the fans (the ones who arent dbags), I just HATE all the other !*%@@%#$
30t6p3b.gif

We've never said anything negative about OKC fans or the players. Our film shows the people who truly ripped the team away from Sonics fans.
That's how I feel about it. %+%% STERN, %+%% BENNETT, %+%% SCHULTZ

I take full responsibility for the kings loss tonight..

Earlier today I changed my avy to Los Angeles kings.. Then they lost..

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

They always lose game 4 at home we have this on Saturday
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

They always lose game 4 at home we have this on Saturday
pimp.gif

All of there loses have been game 4..You're right!!Kings got this on Saturday!!CAN'T WAIT!!

I stood a chick up two twice & she told me to lose her number! I desperately want to find love but I like talking to and getting at every chick I see, even the ones not that great, just cause I know I'm attractive.

Just thought about what my 8th grade GF said to me after we broke off & went to different HS's.

There will always be a place for you in my heart

embarassed.gif

ohwell.gif

sorry no pics.

Originally Posted by kevi

to guys I need your help making money fast. Like 70$ dollars in one day. I have no job and I'm not selling my body or drugs. What can I do?

There's sites where you could earn free money like cashcrate.com , or if you're desperate and need it quick you could always donate blood .

Back
Top Bottom