the thread about nothing...

Since we're talking about He Got Game,I'm wearing these right now.
air-jordan-13-og-white-true-red-black.jpg

The XIII will be the only OGs I keep.....

They used to be $70 or so on Ebay back in the day.

F#$%^&* you both...i will have 2 pair in 2013 no question

it seems like all the females I talk to upgrade to the level I want to be AFTER we stop talking

I guess you are some sort of training program that molds females into quality women for other men. Turn it into a business and make a profit my man.

Maybe you light some unquenchable fire inside of them to change, give yourself a pat on the back.

@jesus you considering getting the 2013 retro?

Honestly? I think some people know my sentiments on here towards Nike and Jordan Brand.

I never purchased shoes back in the day as a fad or a style thing to fit in with the masses.....the horrid turn for the worse in quality of shoes post 2003 or so turned me off.

I never have paid retail for Jordans as I thougth they were an extreme overpriced luxury item and my business sense wouldn't allow me to take losses on investments.

In short.....No.

The quality and materials on these modern day releases are a joke and I still have 70% of shoes that I own sitting in the box brand new. I'm in the process of removing the clutter.

I can't stand when girls change their entire personality when they date someone. I know y'all experienced this, if it were an ex, or a friend. They adopt their interest and mannerisms.

A independent women, who stays who she is, and doesn't need to change for anyone :smokin
A women that desperately wants to be accepted, that will adopt all my interest :x

Honestly? I think some people know my sentiments on here towards Nike and Jordan Brand.

I never purchased shoes back in the day as a fad or a style thing to fit in with the masses.....the horrid turn for the worse in quality of shoes post 2003 or so turned me off.

I never have paid retail for Jordans as I thougth they were an extreme overpriced luxury item and my business sense wouldn't allow me to take losses on investments.

In short.....No.

The quality and materials on these modern day releases are a joke and I still have 70% of shoes that I own sitting in the box brand new. I'm in the process of removing the clutter.

I hear you. I outgrew all my 00-04 pairs. :smh: I won't drop 200+ on a shoe ever again. These will have to do. Still got the OGs in a sz 6 :lol:

Bubbles from The Wire is in this joint 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
so is michael..that cast is doing big things, i was really surprised to see mcnulty on john carter..

speaking of did any of yall see METHS comment on this picture of tinker hatfield he kinda went off.
Or Tyson Chandler's stylist...

Ridiculous.  

These guys went from Air Jordan I, banned by the NBA, to Michael Jordan's cargo pants 2012... banned by a country club in Florida. 

Nike marketing in 1989 would've had an absolute field day with this.  It's too perfect: senior citizens decked out in hipster gear desperate to prove that they're still "with it."  Wearing a backpack to an Instagram press conference?  Like 4realz?  OMG!  

It's like watching Paul McCartney trying to cover 2 Chainz.

The rebel thing isn't working anymore.  They're old.  They're rich.  They're complacent.  

For years now, they've repackaged the status quo, increased the price, and tried to sell it as "innovation."  For Michael Jordan the player, reaching the pinnacle meant working even harder to keep his many challengers at bay.  The Jordan Brand, however, has grown fat and indolent.  It's a sad sight. 

This product used to be the flagship for the entire industry.  

Think about how consumer electronics have evolved since 1985, how cars have evolved since 1985.  Now compare that to basketball shoes.  There's a reason why we're seeing the same shoes we saw in 1998.  Nobody's bothered to raise the bar since then.  The new challenge isn't building a better  product, but building a more profitableone. 

I'm calling it now:  the Air Jordan XXIX will be the first shoe that Tweets while you wear it.  Or perhaps it'll use an integrated camera to upload WDYWT pics of itself to tumblr.  Kids still like tumblr, right?  

What Star Wars is to entertainment, Jordan Brand is for footwear.  They continue to pile mediocrity atop an increasingly obscured legacy that's quickly losing its relevance and appeal.  With each cynical, calculated cash-in, fans are left to wonder if indeed their breakthrough success was ever anything more than a fluke or a product of a bygone era. 

It no longer speaks to me and many of the young people I know are really struggling to understand why we ever thought this stuff was cool to begin with.  

Their sycophantic media partners  won't say it, but I will: 

Competition brought out the best in Michael Jordan the athlete.  The lack of competition has brought out the worst in Michael Jordan the brand

Bubbles from The Wire is in this joint :wow: :lol:
so is michael..that cast is doing big things, i was really surprised to see mcnulty on john carter..

speaking of did any of yall see METHS comment on this picture of tinker hatfield he kinda went off.

Or Tyson Chandler's stylist...

Ridiculous.  

These guys went from Air Jordan I, banned by the NBA, to Michael Jordan's cargo pants 2012... banned by a country club in Florida. 

Nike marketing in 1989 would've had an absolute field day with this.  It's too perfect: senior citizens decked out in hipster gear desperate to prove that they're still "with it."  Wearing a backpack to an Instagram press conference?  Like 4realz?  OMG!  

It's like watching Paul McCartney trying to cover 2 Chainz.

The rebel thing isn't working anymore.  They're old.  They're rich.  They're complacent.  

For years now, they've repackaged the status quo, increased the price, and tried to sell it as "innovation."  For Michael Jordan the player, reaching the pinnacle meant working even harder to keep his many challengers at bay.  The Jordan Brand, however, has grown fat and indolent.  It's a sad sight. 

This product used to be the flagship for the entire industry.  

Think about how consumer electronics have evolved since 1985, how cars have evolved since 1985.  Now compare that to basketball shoes.  There's a reason why we're seeing the same shoes we saw in 1998.  Nobody's bothered to raise the bar since then.  The new challenge isn't building a better product, but building a more profitableone. 

I'm calling it now:  the Air Jordan XXIX will be the first shoe that Tweets while you wear it.  Or perhaps it'll use an integrated camera to upload WDYWT pics of itself to tumblr.  Kids still like tumblr, right?  

What Star Wars is to entertainment, Jordan Brand is for footwear.  They continue to pile mediocrity atop an increasingly obscured legacy that's quickly losing its relevance and appeal.  With each cynical, calculated cash-in, fans are left to wonder if indeed their breakthrough success was ever anything more than a fluke or a product of a bygone era. 

It no longer speaks to me and many of the young people I know are really struggling to understand why we ever thought this stuff was cool to begin with.  

Their sycophantic media partners won't say it, but I will: 

Competition brought out the best in Michael Jordan the athlete.  The lack of competition has brought out the worst in Michael Jordan the brand

jimmies were rustled

I'm going to take you up on that. Don't flake.

Flake isn't in my vocabulary.....

I don't have dandruff or even eat frosted cereal with the Tiger. My word is solid......no need for green ribbons or thumbs up for me.

Keeping my word and following through on things is a admirable quality....it has also landed me in front of many a judges in courtrooms.
Cool 

I love Frosted Flakes.....not sure what the "no need...." part means

I agree....I actually laughed out loud

it seems like all the females I talk to upgrade to the level I want to be AFTER we stop talking

I guess you are some sort of training program that molds females into quality women for other men. Turn it into a business and make a profit my man.

Maybe you light some unquenchable fire inside of them to change, give yourself a pat on the back.
Real life version of that movie with that comedian and Jessica Alba (think it was her)....

In short.....No.

Haven't bought any gym shoes since the Chicago 10s? All loafers and wingtips since but any Jordans in size 12?

Haven't bought any gym shoes since the Chicago 10s? All loafers and wingtips since but any Jordans in size 12?

Size 12 is my size. 11-13 is usually what I acquired throughout the years.

-AJ IX Retro Flint
-AJ VI Retro Low Blk/Silver
-AJ XI Retro Blk/Red 2001
-AJ XIII OG Wht/Red//Blk
-AJ II Retro Blk/Chrome 2004 (12.5)
-AJ III Retro Cement Box.....those were taken from the living quarters by a fine sheriff/deputy conducting a search

Those are some off the top. I'd have to see what else I have or would be willing to part with.

I have tons of wingtips, cap toes, saddle shoes, oxfords, etc. from my time working part time at Cole Haan.

If you guys would have known me in real life.......the one or two NTers that came through last year were bestowed with gifts.

Back
Top Bottom