the thread about nothing...

4p7hcw2xwga51.jpg

Takeout, not delivery? I personally never tip if I'm just going in and picking up my own food. It's not expected. Tips in restaurants are supposed to be for the waitresses and bus boys. They don't serve you when you pick up food. Never heard of anyone tipping on a pickup unless it's a spot you really like that treats you well overtime.
It’s not expected but it does help them try and get your order out faster. Some restaurants use the bartenders/ servers as the “takeout” person so they’re taking time from their own guests to put all the orders together. Some places do pay a person to put all the orders together though. All that said, they don’t really expect 20% but a few bucks don’t hurt I usually do 5-10% depending how big my order is.

Zero.

I probably have eaten put like 4 times since March but I am not tipping for take-out man.

Nah.

Agreed. Why i hate ordering through apps as they usually have a higher price + make that tip section even when it’s takeout. Makes a $11 meal like $18 after tax, service fee, tip etc.

I just use Yelp to find spots i like, call em up, put in an order via phone, and pay cash when I get there. Usually throw $1 + change from the transaction into the tip jar.

Really tired of $11 ->becoming $18 transactions. Simplify it and give me the all in price up front so i don’t waste my time searching around.

My sister used to work "carry-out" at Chili's. She was a waitress too but loved carry out. When you work carry out you get paid a normal wage and people still would tip. She (at the time) was making like 8 bucks an hour and would still roll out with like $200 cash. But that tip line on the receipt when people pick it up, cash it out...put the cash in a jar in front of the register...all the games to pressure people into tipping.

She would waitress and it would be way more stressful way more physically exhausting and she would make more in tips...but at 3 bucks an hour. So at the end of the day when there is a chance you can get close to the same amount to do both jobs....takeout>>>>>>>waitress

I JUST went through my phone and deleted all those tourney pics of Katya. She still bad tho.

damn I thought the world was closed for Americans. Guess I should go here for my vacation?

They’re a list of places that are open for us.

Puerto Rico
The Caribbean
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Aruba (reopens July 10, 2020, to Americans)
  • Barbados (reopens July 12, 2020)
  • Bermuda
  • Dominican Republic
  • Grenada
  • Jamaica
  • St. Lucia (reopens July 9, 2020)
  • Turks and Caicos (reopens July 22, 2020
Maldives
Mexico
Cambodia

The reason I picked Aruba is because they’re only 3 active cases. Like many countries, they’re requiring you to take a PCR test and upload it or bring it with you to the country. It has to be taken and proven negative within 72-12 hours before departure. In Aruba, if you live within 8-10 states, you have to take the test 72-hours and it must be a PCR. They’re being strict about that. You can’t board the plane. I actually didn’t print out my confirmation page to and deleted the email. It’s a confirmed QR code. I had to call the Aruba tourism department and had them send it to my Whatsapp. Delta was not letting me on the plane without it. I had 15 mins to board the plane. :lol:

So the test has to be uploaded and approved by the government then you have to buy their covid insurance which was $102 (provides medical/health in case you do get exposed). I was lucky to find a rapid PCR test. I took a rapid test and it was the Antigen, which is a NO go.

If you reside from a state that’s not on the list, then you can take the test at the airport however you have to fill out a health questionnaire to get approved first.

Other countries are allowing you to take the test at the airport.

Here’s the information for entry in Aruba :

If you come to Aruba, plan to stay for a week. The US airlines are only allowed to fly out on Saturday’s. From what I understand there’s only 4 airlines and 4 cities that are flying out. Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, Boston. You might have to do a connector.

It’s worth knowing that they’re doing everything they can to keep the country safe. Oh and we don’t have to wear masks here. Some of those countries are requiring you to wear masks on the beach/public.

Last edited:
They’re a list of places that are open for us.

Puerto Rico
The Caribbean
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Aruba (reopens July 10, 2020, to Americans)
  • Barbados (reopens July 12, 2020)
  • Bermuda
  • Dominican Republic
  • Grenada
  • Jamaica
  • St. Lucia (reopens July 9, 2020)
  • Turks and Caicos (reopens July 22, 2020
Maldives
Mexico
Cambodia

The reason I picked Aruba is because they’re only 3 active cases. Like many countries, they’re requiring you to take a PCR test and upload it or bring it with you to the country. It has to be taken and proven negative within 72-12 hours before departure. In Aruba, if you live within 8-10 states, you have to take the test 72-hours and it must be a PCR. They’re being strict about that. You can’t board the plane. I actually didn’t print out my confirmation page to and deleted the email. It’s a confirmed QR code. I had to call the Aruba tourism department and had them send it to my Whatsapp. Delta was not letting me on the plane without it. I had 15 mins to board the plane. :lol:

So the test has to be uploaded and approved by the government then you have to buy their covid insurance which was $102 (provides medical/health in case you do get exposed). I was lucky to find a rapid PCR test. I took a rapid test and it was the Antigen, which is a NO go.

If you reside from a state that’s not on the list, then you can take the test at the airport however you have to fill out a health questionnaire to get approved first.

Other countries are allowing you to take the test at the airport.

Here’s the information for entry in Aruba :

If you come to Aruba, plan to stay for a week. The US airlines are only allowed to fly out on Saturday’s. From what I understand there’s only 4 airlines and 4 cities that are flying out. Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, Boston. You might have to do a connector.

It’s worth knowing that they’re doing everything they can to keep the country safe. Oh and we don’t have to wear masks here. Some of those countries are requiring you to wear masks on the beach/public.

Bruh this is probably the most helpful post I’ve ever read on NT. Thank you so much!!! My travel plans are back on my Dude!

Back
Top Bottom