the thread about nothing...

Damn, that’s crazy that he’d leave you hanging like that.

Speaking on barbers though, I haven’t seen mine in almost 2 years. Last time was early Feb 2020 and COVID came. I've been cutting my own hair since.
I still go to my regular barber since he's the only one capable of cutting my difficult hair. other than that, I guess I would try out one shop that I took my son to about a month ago. his haircut was really nice and I might try and see if they could make me look even better.

I still go to my regular barber since he's the only one capable of cutting my difficult hair. other than that, I guess I would try out one shop that I took my son to about a month ago. his haircut was really nice and I might try and see if they could make me look even better.

Thats cool, you’re a loyal customer. I on the other hand.... :lol: I’m done paying $20 every month. I’ll sometimes freshen up my cut weekly.

giphy.gif

Damn, that’s crazy that he’d leave you hanging like that.

Speaking on barbers though, I haven’t seen mine in almost 2 years. Last time was early Feb 2020 and COVID came. I've been cutting my own hair since.

it's cool. holidays, my fault for not booking :lol:

My one buddy gets a cut every saturday legit every saturday

i tell him its a waste.. you work and never go out lol

blows my mind

feels fresh af at home :lol:

Yeah, my local gets it all the time. About a month before they expire too. There’s a sign posted saying it’s overstock. Not just Dave’s Bread but other brands as well. Sandwich, hotdog, burger buns too.

I went today and this is all they had for bread. Kind of bummed, but whatever.
20211124_122556.jpg

This was my snack haul, mostly stuff I haven't tried that looked appealing.
20211124_123316.jpg

Thats cool, you’re a loyal customer. I on the other hand.... :lol: I’m done paying $20 every month. I’ll sometimes freshen up my cut weekly.
it's not just about loyalty. my hair is like a jigsaw puzzle. 9 out of 10 barbers would mess up my hair. there are limited specific cuts for it. if they mess up my hair, might as well clean-shave it. hair is thick, heavy. cut it too short and it would spike all over. they say it's like cutting a woman's great hair. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some of the maple goodies I got from Vermont & an awesome covered bridge toy replica. Covered bridges are a cultural staple in the New England states. They only had one & luckily it caught my eye, handmade out of wood so I just had to have it. The gallon of maple- sucker was $70. The most expensive gallon of anything I've ever bought lol, the other maple jars I'm going to keep as souvenirs & display pieces in my China closet. It was a wonderful 3 day trip.
20211124_120434.jpg
20211124_163444.jpg
20211124_163528.jpg

it's not just about loyalty. my hair is like a jigsaw puzzle. 9 out of 10 barbers would mess up my hair. there are limited specific cuts for it. if they mess up my hair, might as well clean-shave it. hair is thick, heavy. cut it too short and it would spike all over. they say it's like cutting a woman's great hair. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh wow! Yeah, I can see how that would be difficult to get the right barber. My bro has hair like that and his head is shaped kinda narrow, doesn’t help. He’s constantly complaining that his hair just spikes when it’s cut too short.

For the last 5 years, 9 out of 12 months i have worked on average 50 hours per week.

For the last 3 years, I've been consistently told that I work much harder and put in more effort than the person who previously had my position.

And when it came time to reward the hard work and effort displayed via a promotion that was directly related to my current position, they hired someone from the outside.

I'm all the way in my feelings.

I dont think I can keep working there beyond the immediate future.
Hahaha

Funny story happened...

So they gave buddy from the outside an offer...he accepts it. They literally give mans 6 weeks after accepting the offer to come on board...supposedly 2 weeks with his then company, a 2 week vacation he planned and then an additional 2 weeks which I dont know what it was for...

On what was supposed to be that guy's first day, I hear this gigantic laugh from the manager's office (manager of that position). Manager comes out, shows me his phone...its an email from the HR manager informing him that the guy they hired will NOT be joining the team.

Many laughs were had. Much **** was talked.

So you know what they did? Posted the job again.

I talked to our ops manager, basically asking what the plan for the role was and am I gonna waste my time (and theirs) by applying again. We agree that I'm still interested in the role and they're interested in me.

Got a little informal interview few weeks after that.

Today got the mutha ****ing offer.

God be moving, man.

Last edited:
Hahaha

Funny story happened...

So they gave buddy from the outside an offer...he accepts it. They literally give mans 6 weeks after accepting the offer to come on board...supposedly 2 weeks with his then company, a 2 week vacation he planned and then an additional 2 weeks which I dont know what it was for...

On what was supposed to be that guy's first day, I hear this gigantic laugh from the manager's office (manager of that position). Manager comes out, shows me his phone...its an email from the HR manager informing him that the guy they hired will NOT be joining the team.

Many laughs were had. Much **** was talked.

So you know what they did? Posted the job again.

I talked to our ops manager, basically asking what the plan for the role was and am I gonna waste my time (and theirs) by applying again. We agree that I'm still interested in the role and they're interested in me.

Got a little informal interview few weeks after that.

Today got the mutha ****ing offer.

God be moving, man.

I’m happy for you but read between the lines. They gave you the offer so that they didn’t burn you twice and force you out the door. Don’t be surprised if they short leash you.

I’m happy for you but read between the lines. They gave you the offer so that they didn’t burn you twice and force you out the door. Don’t be surprised if they short leash you.
I hear you for sure. I've seen them burn guys two (three and four) times over for other roles so not 100 percent sure that's the only reason. But I definitely appreciate the word of advice and will keep it on mind.

In all honesty, i told myself if they came back to me I'd accept it, put in a year or two and start looking else where with this new found leadership role i can add to the resume.

But right now just thankful that it's working out.

Aww that sucks, that tour would’ve been cool to see ☹

Yeah, it is open although some spots like the Mall and fast food restaurants have signs at the entrance saying you need to be vaccinated in order to walk in. It’s not enforced yet but there will be trouble if it gets to that point.
It def would've been super cool. We're going to try to go back sometime next year for the tour. The employee told us although it says the tours will be open Jan, it's subject to change depending on the cases out there. The surge comes from the North out there from what I was told. A lot of the hillbilly's are up north who refuse to get vaccinated & travel throughout the state spreading the virus.

Hopefully people are being honest & abide by the rules. If enforcing it by checking everybody's vax cards is what it takes then so be it.

Jesus christ the **** people send on Tinder…
I’m over at Amy’s new apartment, away from her disgusting former roommates, and we were just having a look at her Tinder account.

Some guy’s opening message to her was just “I want to be your slave. I’d be happy to clean your room” :stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom