the thread about nothing...

TODAY IS A BLESSED DAY

Our government finally decided to issue a decree that changes our extremely archaic farmland lease laws.
I'll need to get a lawyer involved, but I'll finally be able to get this bum *** farmer to stop paying me rent in 40kg of potatoes a year.
For context, I own a piece of farmland valued at about €10k since my dad died in 2017. There was no written contract between my dad and the farmer, at least not that I was able to find any record of. Due to a loophole in the farmland lease laws, the farmer went to a judge within days of his passing and legally fabricated a binding contract that couldn't be disputed or nullified in any way. The farmer set the contract to 40kg of potatoes a year, with the duration set to infinity.

But thanks to this new decree that also applies retroactively, I can now nullify the blatantly nonsensical contract and seize my land back or negotiate a new contract that I have actual input over.
Amongst other things, they closed the verbal contract loophole that allowed him to completely fabricate the terms of the lease to a judge after my dad died. The contracts can now also no longer include goods or services as payment, so he can **** off with his potatoes.
Get that ******** off your land! And tell him to shove his 🥔 up his ***. Hope you can get that jerk off your land ASAP.

Pull up to his door all

“Get out”

1708877662764.gif

Me and boy work two seasonal jobs together and we’re basically joined at the hip at our winter job. They don’t really know much about us because we only work there a few months of the year.

Somehow they heard I used to own a food truck though and they think he’s Mexican (he’s not) so they assume he was a cook?

Anyways idk how this started but we have a commercial kitchen at work. They keep handing us produce and cash and asking us to cook Mexican food. :rofl:

So it basically became a side hustle we never wanted. We pocket some money, go to the store and buy food to cook.

Tomorrow it’s breakfast burritos and the boss literally tells us our job is to cook all day now even though it takes 20 minute. Whatever I’ll roll with it.

IMG_3838.jpeg

Get that ******** off your land! And tell him to shove his 🥔 up his ***. Hope you can get that jerk off your land ASAP.
I'd given up hope that this was ever going to happen, considering that loophole's been there for decades upon decades. :lol:
There's only one local judge here overseeing these kinds of cases since I live in the middle of nowhere, so this'll definitely land on his desk again.
I wonder if he'll remember, as I assume it's rather unusual to have a farmer walk in there and force him to approve a lease paid in potatoes.

If I was actually able to find a written contract, this would've never happened. Because I legally couldn't refute the farmer's word in court, the judge was forced to approve whatever the farmer claimed the verbal contract to be. In theory, he could've set the terms of the lease to $0.01 per year for an unlimited time period until he dies.
Non-verbal contracts for farmland are actually quite common, at least in my small town of 2000 people and the surrounding rural towns.

TODAY IS A BLESSED DAY

Our government finally decided to issue a decree that changes our extremely archaic farmland lease laws.
I'll need to get a lawyer involved, but I'll finally be able to get this bum *** farmer to stop paying me rent in 40kg of potatoes a year.
For context, I own a piece of farmland valued at about €10k since my dad died in 2017. There was no written contract between my dad and the farmer, at least not that I was able to find any record of. Due to a loophole in the farmland lease laws, the farmer went to a judge within days of his passing and legally fabricated a binding contract that couldn't be disputed or nullified in any way. The farmer set the contract to 40kg of potatoes a year, with the duration set to infinity.

But thanks to this new decree that also applies retroactively, I can now nullify the blatantly nonsensical contract and seize my land back or negotiate a new contract that I have actual input over.
Amongst other things, they closed the verbal contract loophole that allowed him to completely fabricate the terms of the lease to a judge after my dad died. The contracts can now also no longer include goods or services as payment, so he can **** off with his potatoes.
Had to be a hope that you’d eventually give up the land. Congrats on pushing through!

LOL, you did good! Take her somewhere authentic for sure 👍

Belgium Belgium congrats bro! About damn time they changed that rule.
in fairness, she typically goes for the authentic ones. she only got curious because the place was packed with people. so I asked her, have you seen which type of people were on that place? she got the memo when she realized that the people that were eating there weren't accustomed or didn't know what authentic is.

it is more like whenever we got to the U.K. and some sushi places are jampacked with people especially the one at Victoria station like it was the best food ever only to realize that a simple rice cooker would do the job and you can make one at home if you wanted some sushi. there was nothing special about it rather than a poor imitation/butchered version of a japanese cuisine.

7 for the low one day and 69 for the high in the same week. :lol:

It’s gonna snow too tues night but this doesn’t have it in the forecast
IMG_1391.png
Get property in Minnesota for your lineage’s lineage 50 years from now, inward we say

Back
Top Bottom