the thread about nothing...

I’m trying to be on this type of **** this summer
IMG_2358.jpeg

Sort of want to resign from my position and just be a stay-at-home dad for a little bit. I'm tired and want to re-assess my career path.
I took a 3-month “fun”employment period between my last job and current one. Enjoyed my honeymoon and just got to relax without any work commitments. It was great but wasn’t nearly as productive as I thought I would be :lol:

My only advice is to have clearcut goals and milestones for starting your next career move. Also enjoy time with the fam and take a breather. Not many folks get the opportunity to take a voluntary break so make the most of it.

I took a 3-month “fun”employment period between my last job and current one. Enjoyed my honeymoon and just got to relax without any work commitments. It was great but wasn’t nearly as productive as I thought I would be :lol:

My only advice is to have clearcut goals and milestones for starting your next career move. Also enjoy time with the fam and take a breather. Not many folks get the opportunity to take a voluntary break so make the most of it.
Thanks for the advice, bro. I definitely will keep that in mind.

Sort of want to resign from my position and just be a stay-at-home dad for a little bit. I'm tired and want to re-assess my career path.
Do it! The years I spent at home (0-4) with my younger daughter were some of the most important of my life… Money was tight, that’s a real stressor, but if you can find some space to think and also spend time with your kids… So good. There’s no do-overs!

A good friend made this decision recently, too… it’s been great for him, and I hope it will be for you, too! It’s a brave move in this society and not an easy decision.

Do it! The years I spent at home (0-4) with my younger daughter were some of the most important of my life… Money was tight, that’s a real stressor, but if you can find some space to think and also spend time with your kids… So good. There’s no do-overs!

A good friend made this decision recently, too… it’s been great for him, and I hope it will be for you, too! It’s a brave move in this society and not an easy decision.
Money is a huge factor and you need to talk it over with your partner. I knew the onboarding for the new job would take a couple months. And I had a nice PTO payout coming that would cover the usual expenses during that time. Talked it over with my wife and she was cool with it.

It does get stressful when you don’t have that primary income regardless of your plan. Just have to keep reminding yourself the new gig is coming and the checks will resume.

Get fired or laid off so you can get unemployment 6 months. Not going to replace your income, but it's nice to have $ coming in when you're between jobs. I've had 2 periods between jobs that I'm collecting unemployment... thoroughly enjoyed both of them. I pushed a next job to start later so I could collect every last dollar :lol:.

If that's not possible, start applying/looking for jobs now to get the process started

Back
Top Bottom