the thread about nothing...

Imagine being at war and having a dedicated ice cream truck

l_py7ZIOL2KPOTj2.jpg:large

I'll always support **** doing *** ****, but stripping naked in front of multiple coworkers just seems like a bad idea :lol:
I don't think she'd go quite that far at her real job as an industrial engineer :lol:
Then again, anyone who occasionally views her IG stories is bound to encounter a topless photo at some point.

The mental health non-profit we volunteer for consists entirely of unpaid volunteers so it doesn't really resemble a typical workplace. The team consists of about 90% women, including the entire leadership structure, and there's a strong focus on openness and a casual friendly environment. Drug addiction is perfectly fine for example, if you're able to still do something of value.

Yea, Wild situation.

What kind of job is this? Belgium Belgium
A mental health non-profit consisting entirely of unpaid volunteers. We receive a budget and office space from sponsorships.
We host free 'speaking sessions' for students, which I guess you could describe as informal therapy. The ones running the sessions (referred to as moderators) have to undergo training by the local university's student counselor, as you need to be able to handle topics like suicide etc.
While it's not required to be a psychology student to run the sessions, nearly all of them happen to be psychology or med students.
Originally there was a policy where everyone had to be an active college/university student and graduating meant you had to leave. Over time we voted to loosen that restriction so existing members could stay on for more stability. For new members we only accept students though.

The org was co-founded by one of my close friends' girlfriend while she was a student. As CEO, she wanted to recruit me to handle IT related tasks (website, tech support for online sessions, ...).
I was never a student though so I had to pass a unanimous vote first to bypass the student-only hiring policy. Some good old nepotism. :lol:
Hence why I'm 30 and everyone else is between 20 and 26.

And who decided that going to Pole Dancing was a good idea? Belgium Belgium

I know these days we like to play this, "Why do you all make everything sexual" game in a way to normalize certain behaviors but what was the motivation behind doing THAT with a group of workers? Just seems odd.

I come in PeACE

And who decided that going to Pole Dancing was a good idea? Belgium Belgium

I know these days we like to play this, "Why do you all make everything sexual" game in a way to normalize certain behaviors but what was the motivation behind doing THAT with a group of workers? Just seems odd.

I come in PeACE
We always hold a poll for teambuildings.
The coworker who went all out for it is the one who asked the group to include poledancing on the list of options to vote for. The rest were all normal activities.
There was a vote to include it and poledancing later ended up winning the poll by a pretty overwhelming margin.

Back
Top Bottom