The thread about nothing

currensy-the-stone-immaculate.jpg

Hot garbage

can we agree this generation has been one of the absolute weakest culturally and creatively? when I look back at other generations, even the 90s, its like they made music that I feel and still has weight today...
when I listen to music now its just empty, ego filled, material driven, nothingness...a bunch of noises put together...like there is no groove in the culture right now...
is it just me? 0]
my favorite new artists: Wavves and Yuna
I absolutely love the current generation of music, granted I am a part of this generation, but there are so many excellent rappers right now that have unprecedented access to an extraordinary amount of connections. There's definitely more rappers out right now than there have ever been, same with producers. Tons of cats be dropping album-quality mixtapes that will be going down as classics. My favorite artists are from the TDE camp: Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, Kendrick Lamar, and I guess Jay Rock (he's like Ringo). But you can't forget J. Cole, Freddie Gibbs, Blu, Theophilus London, Cunninlynguists, Joey Bad*****, Odd Future, A$AP Rocky, Atmosphere, Macklemore, Murs, Pac Div, etc... And that's just rap artists. I have a narrow range of artists that I know and listen to, but there is something for EVERYBODY. Even the crooners of this generation are amazing: The Weeknd, Miguel, Frank Ocean (nohomo), Robin Thicke, etc... I think music is going to lean heavily towards instrumentation kind of like in Mercy where the beat is like a rollercoaster rather than a consistent loop. Bands like Phony Ppl., Warm Brew, and Kids These Days are excellent examples of what to check out. Just because you are ignorant of the extreme range of creative music does not mean this generation is weak. And the greatest thing about this generation is that all of the cultures are meshed together so that nothing is really quite "unique" in that all trends have common influences as the internet is bringing all kinds of uncommon styles together.
The past has had time to be sorted out. We can certify classics and trends, things that were big in certain areas and cultures that defined an era. We can't define the present because we don't know what **** is gonna stick to the wall. Calm ya **** homie and go back to listening to your 2Pac and Biggie since this generation sucks.

seriously need to find this again, had the cds but my fav tracks don't even work anymore

POPPED A MOLLY , I'M SWEATIN! ( WOOO!)

POPPED A MOLLY, I'M SWEATIN ( WOOO!)

Back
Top Bottom