THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

this was amazing, a lot of legends in this video, wish they would live forever.
Youness part was really good and that Mike York fall made me remember why I hate fakie nosegrinds.

So i just started skating and i find it impossible to ollie lol
snap, drag, jump. you'll get it.
How good is your riding? I found it easier to get my balance on point and to be comfortable riding before learning the ollie. Check out braille skateboarding tutorials
this.
youness got me wanting to buy football jerseys just cause they look so good and comfy.. i just dont want to be called a "poser" for wearing a jersey of a team im not a fan of
laugh.gif

i've been eyeing on that black/blue ManU jersey for months now since he wore it at tampa am
I wear my favorite players jerseys, usually wear them out of season.

No one touches Lucas when it comes to ledge tricks. 

http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/a46e6fd4d3b311e39b990002c9d76bae_101.mp4

Insane.
sick.gif
nthat.gif

went to SF this weekend and snapped this pic of the China Banks

always forget how straight the walls are, crazy to think people managed to ride around the ledges.

this will be the part I will watch before I go skate from now on.

Muckmouth posted 3 parts of a feature where he asked a bunch of guys who were pro/sponsored am from a few years ago about their life after skating. It's not as in-depth as a lot of other interviews on other sites (chromeball, Jenkem, etc.) but so far, a good number of guys from back in the day have responded. It's kind of sad to hear from the guys who basically got dropped by their sponsors, but at least a bunch of them are still skating, which leaves the possibility for them having another part in the future.

Also there's an interview with Manolo featuring a bunch of links to other edits he did.

Steve Caballero as a wookie skating a pool.

Big 360 flip at JKwon from Kalis's Instagram.

Last edited:
what's up with these Star Wars collabs? Star Wars sucks 
tongue.gif
 Back to the Future collabs is what I need.

that 360 flip in the 1:05 mark in that Ethiopia video was crazy/weird.

a cool video I came across 
nthat.gif

1) Star Wars hype is at an all time high since the whole Disney purchase and announcement of another trilogy
2) May the Fourth
3) Vans will pretty much do a collab with anyone?

Despite the 3rd point being true, a lot of their collabs are kind of disappointing, but people buy them anyway. I looked up what Spider-Man collabs they did and they had all kinds of graphics on them. Why not just have some slip-ons or Eras/Authentics with the OG Spider-Man print on them? Simple!

Metallica "Kill 'em All" Vans were cool, but why not "Ride The Lightning" Vans? All black with lightning bolts all over?

Makes me wonder why Vans hasn't approached Japanese "artist" Yayoi Kusama about doing a collab. All they have to do is make some polka-dot stuff and put her name on it and they'd be sold out within minutes, at least in Japan anyway. Not to mention if they did Dragon Ball or Evangelion...

In the case of Santa Cruz doing the Star Wars collab, they haven't been relevant for years, so why wouldn't they do it? Half their team is made up of guys that rode for them when they were big in the '80's! Kind of a shame since I remember the wood being pretty strong and poppy. Santa Cruz released a whole line of Simpsons boards so that kind of tells you where they're at.

On the topic of collabs, how do people feel about Lakai doing the Odd Future collab shoes? They seem to still be in the same position that they were around the time Fully Flared came out: too many pros, but not enough money to pay them all. Rick McCrank is sort of on and a lot of pros get shoes from Lakai but it seems like there are too many pros for the market to support giving them all pro shoes. What is a pro to do? Stay with a legit company on "bro flow" or without a pro shoe or go to a less stable/reputable company for the hope of a pro shoe and the money that is assumed to go with it?

While I feel a lot of older, more established pros should have shoes before a lot of these kids, it boils down to sales. The Half Cab is still around because it sells (and everyone tries to copy it). I see a lot of people talk about "(insert pro/am's name here) should have a board or pro shoe" but would they actually put their money where their mouth is when it comes down to it? Besides, pro shoes are usually one of two things: something safe that looks like pretty much every other shoe, or something weird that doesn't sell or get produced.

Pics of Jason Dill's pro shoe on the short-lived Vita company. Despite what the author of the blog thinks, they were terrible and had some proprietary insole with a heel cushion built in, so if you lost it or wore it out, you couldn't replace it!

Dill's first shoe on DVS was pretty terrible too. I bought a few pairs on ebay cheap since I thought they looked cool, but quilted leather and "feet you wear"-inspired outsoles?

Wasn't everyone all hyped about how the running toe was coming back? How are those sales of Brian Anderson and Brandon Westgate shoes doing?

Anyways, more skating!

Kind of sketched out that Jon Nguyen just took his shoes off and skated away barefoot since that looked like a place where you could definitely step on something that would mess up your feet. DVS should have stipulated that they show him putting on some new shoes at the end. Lastly, he had a banana in his pocket! What happened to the banana?

Last edited:
- Vans should worry about making their shoes last longer rather than picking up another collaboration 
mean.gif
 swear their shoes are made out of paper.

- Santa Cruz is boards are actually still good, not a fan of the longboards or the other stuff they're doing but their wood is still good and their shapes are one of my favorites, I remember having a SC board back in the day and lasting almost forever back when I was skating all day, every day. 40 years strong.

- Lakai/OF collab is just dumb imo, just reaching for sales. I don't get it but whatever but then again, Earl, Tyler and a couple others guys from OF are homies with Mike Carroll and they do skate.

- I don't care for pro shoes anymore, I remember back in the day they were something special. 

- I actually want those Dill DVS' 
laugh.gif
 I wanted them when I was younger but DVS' were like $80-$120 in that time.

- I read somewhere that Shane O' Neil turned down a pro model from SB, saying if he had one it would be just like the Janoski.

- I have a pair of BA's and I went cruising with them and I found them kinda awkward to skate in, might be that it's something new but they are comfy.

speaking of shoes, here's Tim Gavin's new venture. Filament Brand

they just landed Ben Nordberg as their first rider, he's wearing the 'Orion's'

10251308_643971062348674_979116950_a.jpg

'The Metric'

10296828_448667061903682_403079811_a.jpg

"Shadow'

10246192_304022476389184_1574275330_a.jpg

'Ryatt High'

916034_617090458382770_165417720_a.jpg

Jovontae Turner has been featured a lot with the brand

1172990_562791840485804_2006565072_a.jpg

dope part from Lakai

cool to see places like this being skated.

Was just coming back to post that part filmed in Sicily...

The early talk of spirit animals made me roll my eyes when Tim Gavin started mentioning Filament months ago. Rewatching the video, I still can't be too hyped on the brand yet. Plus, I don't care for Nordberg at all.

Just noticed that eS has a timeline of their company on their site. So many awesome and terrible shoes!

I like my Janoskis for walking around except, the toe ripped where the ventilation holes are. Maybe I'll pick up some Koston 2 or P-Rod 7s when they get marked down.

- that timeline
sick.gif
 eS was going through some withdrawals, one year they had nice shoes, the following were butt ugly, the next year was good then back to butt ugly.

- can't wait for the new lunar Janoski's 

showing Pizza some love

some cool Cuba vids from Red Bull

this part is sick!

Plunkett/Brock are straight beasts.

Last edited:

TITUS
german skateshop if im right, went to our neighbors, UAE.. cant wait to see what went down.

recently in talks with the VOLCOM SPAIN skate team coming over here next month.. they are actually planning on doing a skate tour/video over here for one week... cant wait :pimp:

local 
nthat.gif

anybody skate Blind recently? I want to try a board out after watching this 

I like the shapes

cool video about Chis Cole and his shoes.

some NY skating

a cool Magenta video, been wanting to try one of their boards for a minute now but are hard to come by.

this video makes me want to drive to LA and push around

Ellington makes pressure flips look amazing!

Nice change of pace after marathon-ing the BATB videos and some questionable-looking flip tricks.

And then there's more Shep Dawgs footage. That backside noseblunt on the rail!

I wonder if they'll eventually be a new board company or just stay a crew like PD or Tilt Mode.

Last edited:
^ Take a picture and post it so we can wee what you mean? Reds are pretty indestructible for the price, so unless they start slowing down, just leave them alone and keep skating? I have Bones Swiss and when I was skating a lot, the most I would do is wipe the dirt off the shields and add more Speed Cream when I'd change wheels and maybe clean them twice a year.

View media item 970572

it is really greasy oil and has dirt on it, am i supposed to wipe it off. my truck axles has black grease on it, i guess to protect against rust. is that where its from?

edit: just saw this

View media item 970648

Last edited:
- Ellington's pressure flip was cool but an impossible or bigspin would have been better, I'm just saying it bc I hate pressure flips and his impossibles and bigspins are nice.

- damn, those bearings look chewed up, I've never had that happen to mine. but some speed cream. have your bearings sit in rubbing alcohol for overnight then apply some speed cream. the rubbing alcohol with remove everything nasty on it but if you don't apply speed cream then your bearings will be no good. *USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, DON'T BLAME ME IF THAT DOESN'T WORK OUT*

my friend cleans his like that.

Cyril Killa killing it!!!

Am I going blind or is there something wrong with those bearings that I'm not seeing? In my experience, they look like that because the grease/oil that lubricates the bearing attracts dirt from the street when you ride. Unless you're going to clean them in the way that oxpenguin mentioned, leave them be?

It's possible to pop the cages that hold the bearings out if you want to really clean them more, but be careful that the ball bearings don't fall out, and MAKE SURE TO PUT THEM BACK IN! I knew a kid who took the cages out of the bearings and was skating around like that. Kid took the whole "pop the shields off" idea and took it too far. I would have nearly died if I was there when his bearings exploded all over the skatepark. I know it's the "cool guy" thing to pop the shields off the bearings because a few people think they go faster that way, but they get boxes of bearings FOR FREE EVERY MONTH!

It only made sense for it to be a pressure flip since the video was called "Under Pressure" and they used the Queen/David Bowie song. Just sayin'

Clint had the craziest video IMO. I watched it first and after that all the other videos felt like a let down. We got video for that ridiculous handrail picture posted a while back! Nose manual out of a crooked grind on a handrail?

Wes Kremer had a pretty amazing one as well.

Watching these Shep Dawgs Vol. 4 clips, makes me think all the talk Olson and the FA camp are spouting about skateboarding is a lot of NY hipster BS. Skateboarding = skateboarding, simple.

Thanks for posting that video. Never heard of Rowan Zorilla, I'm so far out of the loop. Awesome skating there. Love that long line in the beginning. Going too fast for the filmer almost. That long board slide at the end, looking like something out of a video game. Neat stuff.

all of the Real Street submissions were good, hard to narrow it down to a winner, to me at least.

Cory Kennedy's part from Rat Poison was sick!! http://theskateboardmag.com/videos/?__mr_id=76185 If video doesn't work, pause your adblock.

I liked it a lot more than anything Shep Dawgs put out.

Louie Lopez and Alex Majerus part was sick too, Shep Dawgs just wasn't my style I guess, gnarly skating but I just didn't get hyped off it.

thanks, just popped off the shields and cleaned em, the bearings still run silent and smooth, so i don't think its too dirty, ill invest in some speed cream later on.

Is anyone watching street league tonight? What exactly is it, I read that it is an open for the less famous pros but I also see the regulars practicing for it too?

Street League is just a skate contest where all the big names compete in. at the end it's always, PROD, Nyjah, Luan, Shane, Cole rounding up the top 5, it'll be the same 5 for the whole "season".

I don't really watch it, I'd rather watch the Vans Pool Jam thing going on in a webcast this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom