the thread about TWOs

Thanks for the kind words
smile.gif
yeah the whole point of me getting these were to paint them black. Was planning on dying and painting the midsole black as well but unsure at this stage. I'm loving the way it looks at the moment.

I used a thin flat brush and angelus flat black and it matched the black leather exactly. I put on a matte finisher too but it added a bit of shine to it so I had to strip it back and repaint.. But yeah just roll with the flat black and you'll be fine bruh
Bruh, sorry to keep bothering you. Did you treat or hit the cement color panels with anything/solvent/pad/abrasive before painting em? Is the cement "splatter" visible thru the angelus paint (from the pics it isn't to me)? Just want to make sure i'm doing this right, cuz i dont want to drop $$$ on a local customizer, plus they're mostly all snobs (like this job isn't big enough for em)...

Hopefully it goes well because i'd like to paint the Green on my snakeskin 11 lows as the next project...

^^^ XI low is a much different material. I'd suggest dying the snake instead painting, you'll get way less flaking/cracking.

Bruh, sorry to keep bothering you. Did you treat or hit the cement color panels with anything/solvent/pad/abrasive before painting em? Is the cement "splatter" visible thru the angelus paint (from the pics it isn't to me)? Just want to make sure i'm doing this right, cuz i dont want to drop $$$ on a local customizer, plus they're mostly all snobs (like this job isn't big enough for em)...
Hopefully it goes well because i'd like to paint the Green on my snakeskin 11 lows as the next project...
Nah it's fine man, happy to help with tips and stuff. Yeah I just used some acetone and cotton balls to clean the surface and remove the factory finish on it (makes the paint bond better with the leather apparently) and no the speckles aren't visible after you put paint on it. Yeah just take your time and paint on thin layers at a time to prevent getting brush strokes. Perhaps practice painting on some beaters or something if you're not confident enough?

Just make sure you don't rub too hard with too much acetone. It might eat/melt the leather. Keen to see your results when you're done :smile:

Damn man i think its been mentioned in here but anybody else side piping turned blue? This some bull man

welp

looks like i'm gonna pick between lowcut 2's, 5's, and 9's now

EDIT: gonna cross out 9's now, thought it was a white/black pair

Last edited:
All good, but it will be interesting if they are going to ask $175 for those, even $150 would be too much for them. 

I was always in love with the IIs as a kid. Thought they were hugely underrated but for some reason JB just can't get them right or get the design mold down. I know the molds were destroyed but they're just way off and show no signs of a proper execution.

depending on price and shape this may be my first cop since white/black 14s. my favorite low of all time.
I was always in love with the IIs as a kid. Thought they were hugely underrated but for some reason JB just can't get them right or get the design mold down. I know the molds were destroyed but they're just way off and show no signs of a proper execution.
I agree that they're still quite a bit off but some of the pics/renderings I've seen since the "remastering" look like the toe is a lot less bulky than before. still not perfect but there is a small glimmer of hope lol. Not a lot but it's there

Back
Top Bottom