the thread about TWOs

Still would like to see where Mike himself disliked this model. Or was it more of the politics behind it. The drop off in sales imo was the combination of the price hike the consumer was not ready for at that time and the safe color choices. The ones were known for their colors. Not its design. The twos look boring compared to them. But its design itself was its own. From the colors chosen, the one and two were a drastic change. And to pay a hundred bucks for some basketball shoes at that time was overall looked at as crazy. I have a hard time believing MJ disliked the model at all. I think it was more of his resentment toward Nike for disliking the lack of swoosh branding. Which was going against what Nike was promising at the time. To make the line more about him. I truly think thats what made Jordan want to leave. Not the design of the two itself.

Copped these last spring/summer before the OWs dropped cause I figured the prices would start hiking up. Was never really a fan of the high tops (or the white midsole version for that matter) but the highs are growing on me.
96URjBplSpk__zeN6EawfpNG0JoqBC2jQYxjTSbwHag3efEm3sMYubQdj2Om3K-NeUXX9bFfBwO3vhOwsDjOgWEG0h_R0U_uatgM9NLs1u7DImJyspCVJRNBMBWyj4I1GHwV_Txih8tnZM1dYddNTt5Ldw_pkpVS0rEv3uffeQkJ6h29Cpl7HQw-o1VXY9nUKMf7ZV-mTB0gbfA3X3uLnDaEh2bmcyL3Zv-hYkTdTU5wSaJtrAC-ogNW6TDzwHqfA9N0C-gLvI9uh7cm3M0AAdEKDphf2AHIlPPPPL8poMLGvLhMoK8Z94j9OFukieZuF6SLrVBweKRku2sJC5CnH0zXUWDohU21fjiYSL5SL-yWzSmHhsd_McwIDNj4CfOFWifTf7SfHr-jBWGwJeVSr9J9J3k_-EKKaP2GI99MA2cl25aVIIiAL5y2Utja8LTjwaSNVL_TESO72_1Q0O5fg-dybnfB3uhnm42XflgGPhnv4Zn72EoSNoJsXmPBIgcVoapd4K3WTTb-bjmy4iTs3HQv3cRpPko1JCy-Pvx25d8xA-MpC_foIqw-EKE-2izsrAqvxy4M2qfBjpf9oM_sT4GMGxnEM5pjFT93WbqvyoXyCX1GyXliEni-6ct0EgyPlglAkUGr3CxEalEnXj6W7uDnV01y0dcrhn5ggwJcGUdNnJcuRHLC0ZieQ8r6oaUh1M5A-FGIHJxDVuTwIJG9CjItZNejqHw0o1ticovyX2HqtDWLvV0uLpURKONpbLxPDsMMdbY4eggGlG0psZHPzCQ2jK36M2sSEOk=w1600-h1201-no

Still would like to see where Mike himself disliked this model. Or was it more of the politics behind it. The drop off in sales imo was the combination of the price hike the consumer was not ready for at that time and the safe color choices. The ones were known for their colors. Not its design. The twos look boring compared to them. But its design itself was its own. From the colors chosen, the one and two were a drastic change. And to pay a hundred bucks for some basketball shoes at that time was overall looked at as crazy. I have a hard time believing MJ disliked the model at all. I think it was more of his resentment toward Nike for disliking the lack of swoosh branding. Which was going against what Nike was promising at the time. To make the line more about him. I truly think thats what made Jordan want to leave. Not the design of the two itself.
what happened in 87 was this was one of the first Nike shoes to be over 100 dollars.. a 100 dollar shoe in 87 was unheard of not a lot of people were willing to spend that much on such a simple shoe. Nike had them made in Italy which they thought would make a difference and help people see the quality but it was still a 100 dollar basketball shoe!

The hype for this release when it gets here will be insane. People going to be coming out the woodwork asking how to lace them, what pants to wear, etc.

Can't wait for it all to go down.

Used to be a video on YouTube where he and tinker were sitting down being interviewed about the Jordan line... Mike stated he wasn't a fan of that model but didn't say anything about leaving Nike. I can't that find that video anymore, as a matter of fact I can't find a bunch of videos on YouTube that I used to revisit.... Anyways, objectively speaking, the 2s are arguably the ugliest of the first 14 imo so I can see why there isn't much fanfare behind them and why MJ would dislike them especially considering the iconic models that came before and right after the 2s. Although I'm not a fan of them I'm glad JB is trying to make them relevant with the collabs, they should do the same with 8s and 10s and give the rest of the models a break.

New Jordan 2 collab on the way.
Nina Chanel Abney x Jordan 2 SE. She’s a contemporary artist and painter based in NY, originally from Illinois. Supposedly a Women’s exclusive, releasing July 8th. Pretty dope IMO. Not for me personally, but dope nonetheless.
4AEADD90-EB6C-4F10-8887-E5859778006C.jpeg
1987E9DA-B352-4AB9-891E-1A1F0755E0C5.jpeg
1829E4CF-16A0-4F39-B6A2-166E4870138F.jpeg
EA7F3FFB-24D5-4241-BABC-D632C4A6362D.jpeg

85BBDD96-2EF6-47C1-8A39-3BD0727A3614.jpeg

They givin us everything but the OG's lol
This is “make a new or not super beloved model, beloved and hyped now”-101. We know how many people get when they see/hear the words collab. Even if the GRs (OGs and new colorways) don’t build tons of hype, anything collab will build hype in the culture that we’re in. And it seems like JB is putting tons of energy into making TONS of collaborative 2s. It’s really kind of crazy how they’re doing so many collab’ed 2. All I know is all I’ll have are the Union 2s, the Maison Chataeu Rogue, and the OG Chicagos when they drop later this year. Don’t need anything else 2.

New Jordan 2 collab on the way.
Nina Chanel Abney x Jordan 2 SE. She’s a contemporary artist and painter based in NY, originally from Illinois. Supposedly a Women’s exclusive, releasing July 8th. Pretty dope IMO. Not for me personally, but dope nonetheless.
4AEADD90-EB6C-4F10-8887-E5859778006C.jpeg
1987E9DA-B352-4AB9-891E-1A1F0755E0C5.jpeg
1829E4CF-16A0-4F39-B6A2-166E4870138F.jpeg
EA7F3FFB-24D5-4241-BABC-D632C4A6362D.jpeg

85BBDD96-2EF6-47C1-8A39-3BD0727A3614.jpeg
These look like if they told a kindergartener to draw a picture of shoes and then they made that picture into a real product.

Back
Top Bottom