The titanic vol. lost

Kinda brings to mind that deepsea byford dolphin accident. Pressure related too; grisly af!
Buncha dudes got sucked through a gap inches wide.
Straight mush n goop.
Don't google if squeamish.

Kinda brings to mind that deepsea byford dolphin accident. Pressure related too; grisly af!
Buncha dudes got sucked through a gap inches wide.
Straight mush n goop.
Don't google if squeamish.
I actually came across that incident the first day the submersible went missing, sad

Alleged leaks of the transcripts from their communication between the top polar prince and the titan are floating around from the whole trip.

Essentially (if true), they made it super far down and started seeing some sort of error, deployed ballast and it didn’t work so they dumped their frame base or something and were finally beginning to ascent, they were hearing crackling or noises from the aft (rear) end of the hull.

During ascent they lost contact and is likely when they imploded.

the communication seemed to point to that being their only option, as releasing ballast didn’t help. It basically kept descending at the same rate and they were trying to ascend.

Drop frame
Ascended too fast and hull was already giving out

RIP

Man’s was on that ppp loan. I wonder what was his reasoning when he applied.
877C6179-1E73-4C62-B3F7-FFB72CF2910C.png

I kno im not the only one going down a titanic vid, rabbit hole rn. Lol

For me, it wouldn’t be the first time. Even before this whole oceangate deal, theres been times in the past when ive binged vids and looked up different info related to the titanics sinking.

I never wouldve agreed to go down there to see the wreck first hand, but i wont fake for a second like i dont get it.

Everything about it is absolutely fascinating…

But but but he had an ivy league degree. He must know what he is doing. Only the smart and prestigious go to ivy leagues.
Being smart doesn't make you risk averse.

The man's ethics were self-centered, and it's a not a good mindset to have when designing systems that will be used by the public, whether they're rich or not.

His case is an example of why the fields of sociology and ethics should be a larger part of the engineering curriculum. Schools don't focus on that aspect because they expect the professional world to fill the educational gap, but it doesn't always guarantee that engineers will work responsibly.

Being smart doesn't make you risk averse.

The man's ethics were self-centered, and it's a not a good mindset to have when designing systems that will be used by the public, whether they're rich or not.

His case is an example of why the fields of sociology and ethics should be a larger part of the engineering curriculum. Schools don't focus on that aspect because they expect the professional world to fill the educational gap, but it doesn't always guarantee that engineers will work responsibly.

They got me looking at taking an adjunct role and univerisites/potential courses are up in the air but based on my background and this incident, I am of your school of thought that a greater emphasis needs to be placed on ethics AND safety. This was totally avoidable :smh:

That’s scandalous looking to make a buck like that.

Ehhh I am sure it is scandalous, immoral or unethical. JRaW’d JRaW’d just mentioned he went down a Titanic video rabbit hole so I think it naturally makes to make the movie available because there probably is a lot of genuine interest.

I don't think it is too different from documentaries, specials, interviews, etc. that come out after other tragedies.

I kno im not the only one going down a titanic vid, rabbit hole rn. Lol

For me, it wouldn’t be the first time. Even before this whole oceangate deal, theres been times in the past when ive binged vids and looked up different info related to the titanics sinking.

I never wouldve agreed to go down there to see the wreck first hand, but i wont fake for a second like i dont get it.

Everything about it is absolutely fascinating…

Man I do it every few years. I would love to go down there if it was actually a realistic and safer thing to do. I’d want to be able to actually go inside the ship and see things up close, which is again basically impossible. In all the videos it looks so small but when you actually think about how big the ship was and how deep down it is, sheesh :smh:

Back
Top Bottom