The top 10 lottery busts of the last decade

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

The definition of a bust--- Doesn't that basically mean someone who was projected to do really well but failed to meet the expectations?
Now I can understand Darko and Kwame being on the list.

But explain to me how Yi Jianlian , Yaroslav Korole are on this list then and not Eddy Curry? In comparison to Eddy, those two weren't even projected to be top 3 pick, let alone considered a franchise player at the time of their drafting. Yes, those two have stats worse than Curry. However, Eddy Curry was picked 4th overall at the time (This is the same draft with Kwame Brown, Tyson Chandler and Pau Gasol) and was considered to have the potential to be a great center. But he's had only one season where he averaged at least 7 rebounds a game. But he has a career average of 5 rpg. That's unheard of for a damn center who's supposed to be dominating.

But a player like Yi, he started in 2007. Too early to call him a bust.
Eddy- he's an 8 year pro
smh.gif
His stats are inconsistent (forget about last year since he was going through some personal problems, but look at the stats before last year)

Bottom line is when I think of "busts", I think of the years they have been in the league, their projected potential at the time of the draft and their productivity all combined.

Ehh...high expectations come with being a lottery pick period. And in that case...production outweighs "potential" when making a list likethis....because at the end of the day...either way you slice it...Eddy came closer to his "potential" than any of the guys on that list

This list sucks.

Hedo Turk, Jamal Crawford, Mike Miller, Michael Redd are class of '00.

/\ if those are the examples you're using to justify why you think they shouldn't be on the list...then you failed.

None of those guys are ANYTHING to brag about and for the most part...all of them have been losers for ther majority of the careers...outside ofTurk...who's importance has been EXTREMELY overrated due to his playoff heroics a year ago.

I use to average 32 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, and 11 blocks on like 80% shooting with Darko in NBA Live 2003.
laugh.gif

2k for the win!

Back
Top Bottom