The Tree Man of Java--Story and Pics

growthmanR_450x594.jpg

wtreeman3.jpg

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=142852&in_page_id=2

A man dubbed 'iTree Man of Java' is planning to get married after 4lb of bark were cut away. Dede Koswara, 37, says he plans to gethitched now that he can use his hands and walk without pain. Speaking from an Indonesian hospital, he told the Daily Telegraph website: "What I reallywant first is to get better and find a job. But then, one day, who knows? I might meet a girl and get married." Dede's first wife left him and helost his job because of his bizarre affliction. At one point to feed his two children he joined a freak show with other victims of peculiar diseases. But now,following a series of operations to cut away the tree-like growths, he can see the outline of his toes for the first time. He has also become a sudoko addictnow he can hold a pen. He said he hopes that he will resume a normal life after two more operations to graft undamaged skin onto his hands, feet and face.Since Dede cut his knee as a teenager, strange roots have been growing out of him. A small wart developed on his lower leg and spread uncontrollably. But lastyear US dermatology expert Dr Anthony Gaspari took up his case. He concluded Dede's odd affliction was caused by the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), a fairlycommon infection usually causing only small warts. But in Dede's case he had an extremely rare immune system deficiency, leaving his body unable to containthe warts.

I, mean there are some weird conditions out there, but having tree bark growing on you? Just hope he gets better, looks like he is in alot of pain.

It aint all bad, I bet he has a tree trunk where it counts
tongue.gif
....nah butin all honesty this is gross.

This makes me so nervous for some reason.
I mean... tree people?
What other kind of crazy stuff is out there.

saw the doc on this a couple of months back and best believe out of the group of circus ppl. he works with he's by far the better out of all of them
smh at hpv being the cause of this ... never would've expected that

a lot of people from the same village have weird conditions aswell...

probably due to war chemicals and living in third world conditions...

Back
Top Bottom