The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Bale doesn't have the control or dribbling skills so many players in La Liga have. He's stuck in his EPL way of thinking and moving. He's great for the open space the English game gives, but he's terrible in tight spaces.

I was making fun of Bale when he was introduced to the Real Madrid fans, the dude could barely juggle the ball. His dribbling skills were elementary. He's good at what he is does, but I'm not sure what he does can really help Real. Maybe they can try to convert him into a center forward/striker but it'll be a waste of his ability.

Suarez would have been the better pickup, but I'm not sure he was even on the market. Liverpool did not seem ready to let him go.

Tough times coming up for Arsenal

This Tuesday vs Chelsea in Capital One Cup
11/2 vs Liverpool
11/6 at Dortmund CL
11/10 at United

If we can stay on top after all this, and take a point from BVB ill be pretty happy

Last edited:
You think of it as tough times? I se it as an opportunity to see how the Gunners will do. I thought today was a good sign for them. I think another NTer said something about this... They gutted out a win today despite not playing well as a team. That's a very good sign especially coming off a tough CL loss against BVB earlier this week.

Just watched the Aston Villa vs Everton. Lukaku continues on his roll despite off games from Barkley & Baines. Why on earth would you let Lukaku run unabated down the pitch towards the goal?!?!? Even when you're young you're taught to mark your man... :smh:

Is it just me or does Benteke look like he's 45? He obviously doesn't play like that but goodness gracious... He looks really really old in the face.

Cool to see the 2 US Goalies (Guzan & Howard) playing in the Prem....

What happened to Man U's defense? This is a trophy laden side?!!!?! They're not doing even the most basic things. It's very sad to see this from a decorated team like that...

Tough times coming up for Arsenal

This Tuesday vs Chelsea in Capital One Cup
11/2 vs Liverpool
11/6 at Dortmund CL
11/10 at United

If we can stay on top after all this, and take a point from BVB ill be pretty happy

Tuesday won't be taken seriously, it will be all reserves/youth team so expect an L there. A point at Dortmund is important because it keeps them from all but clinching the group which would allow them to rotate against Napoli and Marseille and dropping points to them.

What happened to Man U's defense? This is a trophy laden side?!!!?! They're not doing even the most basic things. It's very sad to see this from a decorated team like that...

it really doesnt make sense to me being a fan, Evans, Evra, & Rafael were god like last seasons and now they just arent doing it, i cant see the january window passing without us buying a defender

iCqOMNrpkbc2U.gif

Hate to say I couldn't even enjoy the full Clasico. Had mandatory housework that was required to get done in a timely manner due to a new work schedule. So I missed the first half.

Get to a local bar for the second half. They can't find the channel initially. Order a 7&7, then a 50-year old cougar hits on me and tells me she's "halfway in the bag."

Losing 2-1 only adds insult to injury.

What I'm trying to say is I couldn't focus on the Clasico.

If anyone interrupts City/Chelsea, there will be problems.

I understand we have been playing some horrendous footie but the way some of you slander united is ridiculous. One bad year and we are the worst thing in the world. All those years of pent up anger

Classico was a fair result. Barca has been the better club this year.

I understand we have been playing some horrendous footie but the way some of you slander united is ridiculous. One bad year and we are the worst thing in the world. All those years of pent up anger

Classico was a fair result. Barca has been the better club this year.

I wasn't slandering Man U but the way the defense has been playing this campaign is jaw droopingly horrible. You don't agree with that?

In all honesty, I think Barca winning had more to do with Ancelotti's short comings as a manager & playing at home. Pique & Masch made more mistakes yesterday that Los Blancos couldn't capitalize on.

Also Messi doesn't appear to be in form yet... Very glad we were able to win without much input from La Pulga...

Psk- that comment wasn't aimed at you.. One of the few who make valid points in your arguements

Gonna check this sunderland Newcastle derby out....hope Jozy nabs a brace oh an two teams wearing vertical stripes smh not a great idea

Michael Bradley game-winner @ Udinese for 10-man Roma. :pimp:

Roma still perfect, top of the table. First team to win at Udinese in over a year.

Now, don't kill my vibe Chelsea...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom