The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Arsenal Flop v West Ham...

TenderPeskyAzurevase.gif

This isn't even moyes anymore. .. Fielded the best available team and made great changes. Players aren't converting, taking too long to shoot, too many touches before making a decision/pass. How is evra our 2nd best attacking player? This **** wouldn't have been tolerated under fergie.. Moyes needs to bring him in just for the blow dryer... All of this and no other "top" team drops points.

Ps.. Kagawa has not impressed me in the 10 role. I honestly think his skill set is more suited for a bvb counter system

I didn't even watch the game. But I believe it is Moyes' fault. He's not a great manager or motivator. You're saying he fielded his best team available, but even that best team isn't enough. Everyone and their grandmother knows United need strengthening in the creative midfield and defence (Ferdinand shouldn't even be at United anymore, Vidic is also passed his prime). He brought in one weak player, and thought it would be enough. While everyone else was adding in major strength, he added in one player who he believed was a difference maker. His weak judgement is showing now. I used to think this guy had room for improvement, but as a staunch Everton fan told me a while ago, he's never going to get any better, they waited for 11 seasons and it never happened.

Kagawa is an absolute magician in the 10, but with Moyes' lack of creativity in tactics, forget about him playing well. I've even read reports that magically, Moyes wants to bring Barkley to United. :lol: this guy is just laughable now.

Holy hell suarez :x :x :x :x :x

This dude is on another level.
eiddy thank you for all the gifs repping all your posts

Aguero better not leave. Especially for Barca....Aguero...Messi...Neymar....starting to look like bayern

I'm on my Nook and chrome keeps crashing on the last page. I guess it can't handle as many gifs as I thought :lol: :smh:

abovelegit1 - you mentioned on a recent post that you wanted Diego Costa when talking of Barca looking for a striker & hinted at not wanting Aguero. How come? Is he too short for your taste?

It's not that I don't want Aguero, he's obviously a top player and would improve any team. I just think Costa would have a bigger effect on the side. He would improve the defense because his pressing is absolutely relentless. His height and ability in the air would shore up the set piece marking and provide an outlet up top for those aimless punts from Valdes and for crosses from the wingers and FBs. His ability to play on the right would be a huge plus since he'd be able to seamlessly switch positions with Messi when Alexis isn't playing. This in affect would give both players more space and freedom. And of course, his fee would be a lot cheaper. I think he could be had for around €30m, while City would command €60m+ for Aguero.

abovelegit1 - you mentioned on a recent post that you wanted Diego Costa when talking of Barca looking for a striker & hinted at not wanting Aguero. How come? Is he too short for your taste?

It's not that I don't want Aguero, he's obviously a top player and would improve any team. I just think Costa would have a bigger effect on the side. He would improve the defense because his pressing is absolutely relentless. His height and ability in the air would shore up the set piece marking and provide an outlet up top for those aimless punts from Valdes and for crosses from the wingers and FBs. His ability to play on the right would be a huge plus since he'd be able to seamlessly switch positions with Messi when Alexis isn't playing. This in affect would give both players more space and freedom. And of course, his fee would be a lot cheaper. I think he could be had for around €30m, while City would command €60m+ for Aguero.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like watching him play as he's perfect in Simeone's Atleti side. Watching him incite opposing players is actually kinda funny to see, but do you think his "act" will fly at Camp Nou? It's not really the "Barca/La Masia way" (even though Rosell seems to be veering away from all things Cruijff). I'd be ok with it, but I'm not Catalan nor the typical "snobby" Cule either.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I actually like watching him play as he's perfect in Simeone's Atleti side. Watching him incite opposing players is actually kinda funny to see, but do you think his "act" will fly at Camp Nou? It's not really the "Barca/La Masia way" (even though Rosell seems to be veering away from all things Cruijff). I'd be ok with it, but I'm not Catalan nor the typical "snobby" Cule either.

:lol: Yeah, he's a wind-up merchant, but he gets it done on the pitch. And he's actually quite cerebral about it, not like Suarez/Ramos/Pepe who just lose the plot. Regardless, culés will support any player wearing the colors - that's not an issue. Marc van Bommel, the biggest WUM in recent memory, played for the club and had no problems.

The 'Barca way' is just about playing good football - controlling the ball, one/two touch passing, expansive play, etc. I'd have no problem supporting an aggressive player with some nastiness in him if he's helping the club win matches, and I don't really know anyone that would - including the socios I know.

BTW, iirc you're in the DMV area, so I hope you try to make it out to E&C pub on 19th in DC for a match sometime. It's an official Barça supporter outpost, and I'm sure you'd find the typical Culé isn't snobby in the least. Good food and good times are had. :pimp:

If Suarez really does end up at Real, it wouldn't surprise me at all with Barca wanting Aguero.

I didn't even watch the game. But I believe it is Moyes' fault. He's not a great manager or motivator. You're saying he fielded his best team available, but even that best team isn't enough. Everyone and their grandmother knows United need strengthening in the creative midfield and defence (Ferdinand shouldn't even be at United anymore, Vidic is also passed his prime). He brought in one weak player, and thought it would be enough. While everyone else was adding in major strength, he added in one player who he believed was a difference maker. His weak judgement is showing now. I used to think this guy had room for improvement, but as a staunch Everton fan told me a while ago, he's never going to get any better, they waited for 11 seasons and it never happened.

Kagawa is an absolute magician in the 10, but with Moyes' lack of creativity in tactics, forget about him playing well. I've even read reports that magically, Moyes wants to bring Barkley to United. :lol: this guy is just laughable now.

To be fair the transfer disaster wasn't moyes fault. He identified the need for a mid field player from day 1. Kagawa has really let me down in the 10 role, moyes is not to blame tho, Rooney has flourished in the exact role under moyes so doesn't make sense. I don't think anyone could have forseen how soft of a player fellaini has become.

Why can't you guys see costa in barca? Maybe not this summer but I can see him eventually leaving ..Madrid and barca have great relationship.. Can't honestly see costa staying at alt beyond next year so why not cash in?

wasn't moyes responsible for everton's terrible performances? Saying other wise would be a lie since Everton is really putting it in this season under Martinez.

To be fair the transfer disaster wasn't moyes fault. He identified the need for a mid field player from day 1. Kagawa has really let me down in the 10 role, moyes is not to blame tho, Rooney has flourished in the exact role under moyes so doesn't make sense. I don't think anyone could have forseen how soft of a player fellaini has become.

That's a cop out. You want to know why so many greats have joined United? or Arsenal? Or Chelsea? Because SAF, Wenger and Mourinho have all picked up the phone and convinced a player of their belief in the player, and convinced them to join. Moyes copped out and just kept saying "Ed is is handling that, not me personally". You're the bloody manager!!! The buck stops with you. The choices of the team are up to you. You tell your executive to start negotiations, and then YOU close the deal. Watch that Ozil interview recently, he said that the reason he joined Arsenal was cause how Wenger contacted him personally, and made him believe he would be valued at Arsenal, about 24 hours later, Ozil is busy holding up an Arsenal jersey. That's how the managers at the top in the EPL do it.

Moyes just didn't want to look like he failed in the transfer market. Which technically he didn't, cause he never even participated in it. But all he did was fail to show he had any balls or control of his situation and team, and look how it's showing now. Players aren't even giving their all for him....

Kagawa is absolutely brilliant in the 10, but he can't do anything if his team is told to cross the ball in from the wings all the time. Watch Kagawa when he has creative players around him that play centrally, the dude works magic. But with Evra crossing in to the middle hoping Rooney or RVP will do the rest of the work, Kagawa can't do anything. The reason Rooney can shine in that environment is cause Rooney is used to that style of play, Kagawa isn't. And it would be a waste of his talent him even taking the time to learn that style...rather leave.

I don't think anyone could have forseen how soft of a player fellaini has become.

I did. I said it in this thread either just before or just after he was transferred to the Red Devils. I said something to the effect of his "oafish" play being ok for Everton where just finishing top 10 was a banner accomplishment but under the glaring lights of Old Trafford, his lack of ability & consistency of play was going to be glaring on display. He's still young so he has time to improve.

Why can't you guys see costa in barca? Maybe not this summer but I can see him eventually leaving ..Madrid and barca have great relationship.. Can't honestly see costa staying at alt beyond next year so why not cash in?

I would love to see him come to Camp Nou but part of the canon of La Masia/Barca that abovelegit1 forgot to mention was playing fair - being a shining example, a footballing gentleman if you will.

Costa could teach a master class on inciting opposing players into getting yellow & red cards. He gets so under their skin they want to tear his head off & he just walks away like nothing happened.

It's part of the reason Deulofeu on loan & hasn't joined the first team. Not that he winds up opposing players but apparently the kid is a real jerk & their keeping him loaned out to decide what they're going to do with him...

I would prefer him over Aguero for the reasons abovelegit1 explained so well but I can't see it happening. But I could be wrong, he seemed to have been welcome with open arms to the Spanish NT...

Last edited:
..and real would make all of that money back within weeks of jersey sales.

It's not like they haven't done it before :wink:

They have done it before, but I don't know if they'd do it now right after Bale. Maybe next summer if they fail to win a trophy, but def not the winter window.

I just think you want Suarez out of the EPL as soon as possible. :lol:

Last edited:
RIP. I'm glad he lived long enough to see his country change & becomes its president. That was a great WC South Africa hosted (great football)... Very memorable images of Mandela...

Last edited:
Hey City fans what's going on with Jovetic, seeing as Arsenal "missed out" on him. I thought he would feature a bit more

Back
Top Bottom