The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

"I thought we played well but we should have won the game out of sight from the chances that we had."

I refuse to waste my afternoon watching this clown again.

I could have been out having good times but here I am being a supporter watching an inadequate manager running a club he doesn't have the skillset or experience for.

@UberFotbalFacts: Manchester United only lost 10 league games in the last 2 seasons combined. They have already lost 8 this season.

We'll see won't we? :lol:

You can't take anything away from Valencia though. Newly hired Pizzi is doing a great job 4 games in. I think he's won all his games so far. The Goats might be on their 5th coach in a year & half (something like that) but Pizzi seems to have them on the right track...

Pizzi will be the coach for another 10 years after beating Barca in the camp today lol.

It's easy for teams to steam roll over Barca. There's no physicality there, when they make mistakes on defense they become so much more vulnerable. That's the reason I think Barca will lose against City, it's just not a good matchup. City very much like Bayern last year just don't quit, if you lose possession against them - they score.

We will see, it's going to be fun.

You over estimate City. Then run roughshod over teams in the Prem well because it's the Prem.

Bayern had & has a monster defensive presence & world class goalie.

City is still suspect defensively & I wouldn't trust Hart to hold my bottle of water without spilling it...

You over estimate City. Then run roughshod over teams in the Prem well because it's the Prem.

Bayern had & has a monster defensive presence & world class goalie.

City is still suspect defensively & I wouldn't trust Hart to hold my bottle of water without spilling it...

They have issues on defense but so does Barca. I just think City can capitalize on them more than Barca can. You see the way Ajax, Atletic, Atletico played Barca it's worrisome. The games City have lot in have literally been flukes or Hart making mistakes. But they've rebounded and been playing some great football. Pellegrini's got them focused. I don't think I'm overestimating them at all. I just hope Aguero and Neymar are back, I want to see all the talent on the field.

^ 3 out of 5 of those seasons the EPL had a an equal or higher coefficient though.

Infinitely couldn't be FARTHER from the truth, lmao...

Last edited:
you guys as well as alot of the world give hernandez way to much credit, i love him but holy hell man if he wants to play he's got to do more with his opportunities, didnt watch today due to work but from what i see from just checking the score seems like a sh*% day all around, phil jones is made of glass evans as well it seems

you guys as well as alot of the world give hernandez way to much credit, i love him but holy hell man if he wants to play he's got to do more with his opportunities, didnt watch today due to work but from what i see from just checking the score seems like a sh*% day all around, phil jones is made of glass evans as well it seems
I agree.
He's a one dimensional player. His positioning is phenomenal, but outside of being a poacher he doesn't really offer much to the team.

I guess the credit is just due to the fact he's been able to turn around matches for United.

'I don't know what we have to do to win'

"We played well today.

"I thought we were extremely unlucky; We played well in difficult conditions but we have lost to one wicked deflection and one 'worldie'.

David Moyes. :smh:

If this isn't a sign of a man who is way out of his depth, then I don't know what is.

What I got from that list is Portugal being higher than France. A country 5 times bigger with more resources :pimp:

^ 3 out of 5 of those seasons the EPL had a an equal or higher coefficient though.

Infinitely couldn't be FARTHER from the truth, lmao...

B Fresco, your my man 100 grand but the coefficient numbers are only are part of what I based my opinion on. Inside Spanish Football has an annual list of top 50 young spanish footballers. When you look at the list each & every player will have a solid & in a lot of cases spectacular career. All of them are also born in Spain.

You couldn't come up with such a list of English players. You would struggle to put up a solid list of 10 if you included players born outside of the UK & even then you would find arguments about those placed from #7 & on.

Most Prem teams have 1-2 hopefuls in their youth ranks, 3 f your lucky. In La LIga, you have those numbers per age bracket literally in at least 2/3 of the teams in La Liga. Premiership teams even have to raid La Liga youth academies for talent. :lol: (or raid other countries like France, Belguim, Germany).

The one thing that the prem has obviously is the financial stability (which of course is a big thing).

BTW, this is sports banter... I hope no one is getting offended by my opinion (rooted in fact)...

Last edited:
So With Arsenals new signing being injured, they basically did nothing this transfer window right?

Does Arsenal have an incompetent medical staff or something?

LIBYA are the 2014 Africa Nations Championship.

Not bad for a country that hasn't had domestic football for 3 years.

Thanks for posting eiddy. I'm going to watch later tonight when I have some more time. I'll rep you when my limit expires...

:lol:

La Liga is most boring league to watch, unless it's Classico time.

Watching Stoke vs Norwich > watching Sociedad vs Villareal.

:lol:

La Liga is most boring league to watch, unless it's Classico time.

Watching Stoke vs Norwich > watching Sociedad vs Villareal.

Poor jada gets nothing right so he knows no better... poor fella... :lol:

I'd take Sociedad vs the yellow submarines over any perm game all day every day.

The bottom of the La Liga table would run circles around the bottom of the prem teams. La Liga players can actually dribble the ball & under stand concepts beyond bringing up the ball & crossing it in... It's called technical ability _t-e-c-h-n-i-c-a-l... :lol:

Even when La Liga teams park the bus & counter it looks infinitely better than prem teams doing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom