The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Good result for Barca with the away goal. Neymar and Cesc changed the game in the second half. Cesc is making the formations pretty interesting. 

Neymar and Isco with headers off crosses the past few days. WTF is going on :lol:

Barca didn't play to well, they barely got any clean shots off. That header was crucial, Madrid had them locked down.

I expect to see a better see a better 2nd leg.

Wenger said Suarez has "no chance" of happening in his post match :frown: buuuuuuuut...

Karim Benzema & Angel Di Maria: Arsenal target Real Madrid pair

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23790314

****-just-got-real-o.gif

Last edited:
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 38m
The Bale deal will confirmed in the next few hours

Good riddance.

Wenger funding the Bale and Suarez moves to Madrid. Good players in to Arsenal, WC players out of the clubs around us. Wenger, you magnificent bastard! Well played son!

Last edited:
Love what AVB is doing at Tottenham. After not even wanting to sniff at the Real or PSG job, he's completely committed to the Spurs. He's really in it for the long haul. Plus the additions of these wingers is great for his system since AVB loves playing a 4-3-3 like he did at Porto.

Dude is def trying to make his mark. All good signings with the money they'll be getting back from Bale, plus Coentrao.

Spurs are coming. :nerd:

@FFArsenal Wenger is also chasing a goalkeeper and a defensive player. (BBC SPORT)
- Arsenal could spend £100m before window closes (@bbcsport_david)
@GoonerTalk AW: "Not enough players isn't good. Too many players is too much competition. We'll have the right balance when the transfer window closes."

Didn't get to see the match today. But we obviously did out thing. I hear Ramsey was great today. Good for him, he needs that. Now we just we need to sign some players and have some good momentum rolling

Love what AVB is doing at Tottenham. After not even wanting to sniff at the Real or PSG job, he's completely committed to the Spurs. He's really in it for the long haul. Plus the additions of these wingers is great for his system since AVB loves playing a 4-3-3 like he did at Porto.

Dude is def trying to make his mark. All good signings with the money they'll be getting back from Bale, plus

Spurs are coming. :nerd:

True he's doing a nice job...I like AVB just sucks he's with spurs, Chelsea was too much for him and that's not a stable situation at manager unless you're The special one and you leave on your own accord :lol:

But at the end of the day they're still Spurs :lol: ill have to see it to believe it, even with bale having the season of his life they failed to get CL. Now the reinforcements should supplement that but it's not certain they all pan out....that would be crazy though if we came out of this with Di Maria and Benzema :smokin make things VERY interesting at the top of the Prem.

They are still the Spurs but at some point things change, directions take new paths. Ask Chelsea 10 years ago or Man City a couple years back. AVB may be just the right guy to do it. But yes, time will dictate the outcome.

As for Arsenal, I really don't see them getting both Di Maria and Benzema. Benzema maybe since Wenger loves his countrymen but Di Maria loves Spain too much, even if he is sitting on the bench. Plus if Benzema leaves Real will literally have no traditional striker. Thad be a big gamble. We'll see what happens.

As for AVB not working out at Chelsea, no surprise there. Dude was given like 4 months, complete joke. The owner has serious issues with Managers. It's good Mou is back.

Last edited:
I think being at Arsenal, Wenger get the better player out of Benzema. He doesn't have the greatest of attitudes and can be on the lazy side at times. He doesn't have much competition at Real. I think Wenger could sort him out, especially with Giroud around. But as someone pointed out, Real could switch to the False 9 style of play. Even if they did, Morata is still the only striker there. CR7 could play there on occasion, we all know he isn't the biggest fan of that. A possible move for Suarez, Rooney and etc. They could certainly do it if we bought him. I do want Benzema at Arsenal but it's hard to see Real make a move without another striker lined up. If they want to win the CL, they certainly will.

Eto'o seems on his way to Chelsea. Porto will try to get as much as they can if we ever make a move for Martinez. I think we should be able to sign Kondogbia without any real issues.

Slightly random thought but I think when Rosicky retires, OX will get the #7

Knowing Porto, they're gonna do like with Hulk and are going to set some ridiculous price for him that only PSG or Zenit will pay.

Would take him at Chelsea but negotiating with a club like Porto is pointless. :smh:

Will be interesting to see if Rooney plays against Chelsea on Monday though. :nerd:

Crazy end to the POR v. RSL MLS game. Ref was inconsistent all night to both teams but I guess a 3-3 draw puts it to justice. Really wanted POR to be tied at the top of the table but oh well. Onto Seattle.

Last edited:
Im not buying Benz to Arsenal..no way madrid lets both their strikers leave.. they should just buy Suarez and be done with this Bale thing

Im not buying Benz to Arsenal..no way madrid lets both their strikers leave.. they should just buy Suarez and be done with this Bale thing

Exactly.

They let Higuain go, because it was clear Benzema was their main man. Now suddenly they're going to let him go?

Even if they brought in Suarez, I just don't see Benzema leaving.

Maybe Arsenal will get Di Maria. But that won't solve their problem.

In fact, I'm not even sure why Wenger is looking at a striker. Giroud will perform this season, if he is fed, and Podolski is there for cover, and Sanogo behind him for growth and experience.

What is very apparent from the Villa match, was just like United, Arsenal's midfield is a complete joke.

The defence also has holes too in Mertesacker.

These feels like typical Wenger, trying to bring in a bunch of players in the final days, and often ending up with way less quality than what was expected. :smh:

no its not best, bale isnt worth the money, madrid are about to make a mistake
Madrid makes enough money just off Ronaldo's Jersey sales to buy him, and better yet, w/sales of Bale shirt/mugs/jerseys theyll recover that money on the same day . 

But in all honesty as a Madrid supporter since I can recall, Bale is overpriced, Ronaldo was worth his price b/c he had just come off a Balo de Oro award and a CL title..

The  problem I see is this just perpetuates  the big issue in all the european leagues, the rich will continue to be rich and powerful while smaller clubs will produce great players only to be gutted by major clubs, leaving the leagues to continuously  be 2-3 horse races. 

Last edited:
Just watched the Chelsea game on replay, good start to the season. As good as Lukaku is, Benteke is just too clean man. Son is a beast. That Belgian front line 
sick.gif

@Mr_Bundesliga: BVB announce record €305m revenue w/ €53.3m profit after tax. For perspective, only RM, Barca, MUFC & Bayern eclipsed €300m turnover in 2012

Back
Top Bottom