The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

This should kill all those Mata rumors. Mourinho confirms that United have never even asked about him.

Last chance saloon for Chelsea's Rooney chase - Mourinho confirms Blues will make one final £35m offer for United star
By ROB DRAPER
PUBLISHED: 16:02 EST, 24 August 2013 | UPDATED: 16:02 EST, 24 August 2013
61 shares 0 View
comments
Chelsea will make their final bid of £35million for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney after the showdown match between the teams.
With £30m Willian confirmed as Chelsea’s biggest signing of the summer, manager Jose Mourinho will set his sights on the centre forward he covets, with the bid expected to be tabled on Tuesday.
Mourinho is undeterred by United’s insistence that they will not sell at any price and said: ‘Let’s see. We make the bid and they say no again, what do we lose? One email?

‘We are going to get a maximum of two players in this window, so if we get the second piece it will be the final piece.’
The Portuguese insists he wants to keep Juan Mata but refused to discuss his response if United offer to swap Rooney for Mata.
Mourinho added: ‘It’s hypothetical because they haven’t asked. The two answers we got from Manchester United were, “We don’t accept the bid, we are not interested in selling the player”.

'Until Monday we have nothing more to add and we want to respect them and respect football.’
But Mourinho says he is puzzled that some view his pursuit of Rooney as an attempt to undermine David Moyes in his opening weeks in the job.
He said: ‘I don’t understand [that] because it is normal that we would want to strengthen our squad in every position.
'We did it from the goalkeeper, we did it in midfield, in creative positions, we did it in the striker’s position.’
And Mourinho insists he would have no fear selling a player to domestic rivals and even argues that the reluctance of clubs such as United to do so could damage the Premier League.
Mourinho said: ‘I think that old-fashioned mentality of “I don’t sell players to clubs in the same country” doesn’t help the market.
‘Sometimes you push players to play abroad when you should be interested in keeping them in your league. You see in Italy what happens in every season without any problem, a player goes from Milan to Inter, from Inter to Milan, from Roma to Juventus, from Juventus to Inter.

'And they do this all the time. You see Inzaghi, Inzaghi played for Juventus, for Milan. From the big ones, only Totti stayed for life. All the other big guys… Pirlo: Inter, Milan, Juventus.’
Rooney knows how reluctant United are to sell him and it looks likely that the third bid will be rejected — unless a player of Mata’s quality is used to soften the blow to United’s squad.
But while Mata’s more instinctive play may not match the kind of football Mourinho demands, he remains a favourite of the owner Roman Abramovich and has twice been voted player of the year by fans

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nited-striker-Wayne-Rooney.html#ixzz2cwd7TIjP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:
Willian and Eto'o is more than enough for Chelsea to be my favorite in securing this campaign's domestic title.

Although Bayern, Madrid, and Barca look more potent in CL play.

Lol, come over to the dark side.

Coutinho is entering the twilight of his prime at 21.

Buck could benefit from securing an Eriksen type after missing on Mkhitaryan. Also a central defender.

I'm carefully tracking Sterling's development. Steady.

See you in October, PSK.

Naw man, I've been repping Barca since '89-'90... I'm not a Catalan but "Mes Que Un Club". :D

My son is a Los Blancos fan though... Not sure where I went wrong. :rolleyes :lol:

I ended up getting him the new away shirt while I was on vacation in Orlando last week. I didn't get Isco's name & number though. The store I went to wanted $35 & the wait time was too long. I'll look around locally to see if I can get it on there.

Also got him last year's third shirt with Ronaldo on the back real cheap from Niky's Sports.

El Clasicos will definitely will be fun to watch this season as they always are.

View media item 552863

Willian and Eto'o is more than enough for Chelsea to be my favorite in securing this campaign's domestic title.

Although Bayern, Madrid, and Barca look more potent in CL play.
PSG can probably be added to that list. Chelsea are a very young team, while the three you mentioned are full of grown men in their primes. I doubt we do much in the CL this season

Really annoyed Roma are willing to sell Lamela this window. I wanted to see them make a run at it - with a midfield of DDR, Strootman, and Pjanic supporting Totti, Lamela, and Destro in attack they certainly would've challenged for a top three finish, and been great to watch while doing it. Why not take a chance at CL money, and then sell him next summer when he'll be worth even more? SMH.

Good for Spurs, though. Lamela is one of the best attackers in Italy and probably the best dribbler. Shame about Willian - would have been a great fit and made them outside contenders for the title. Felt like Roman put in a call to his oligarch buddy and arranged the deal overnight - seemingly on a whim. Probably shared a couple jokes about the good old days - kicking it with Putin and robbing the Russian people blind. How vile. :x

Last edited:
New Chelsea lineup

pub

Last edited:
Cardiff putting in effort, and really taking the game to City. I have a feeling if Cardiff concede a goal, that's it. The goals will pour in from City...

Last edited:
Rumors of Hulk to Spurs heating up again?

Nah, Lamela seems more likely and plus I hear that a defender will be signed too. I think Zenit will be asking for more money than Spurs would be willing to pay. I think they also have overspent this summer and will use the money from the Bale sale to balance that out

Man, loving this NBC Sports app, watching the Cardiff - City game... Cardiff is indeed playing hard like they did last week...

Yea Cardiff is playing well...need city to lay a goal on them

:lol: Cardiff owner was rocking their kit

Wow that was close o_o

Edit: city gonna **** around and let them score :smh:

Last edited:
Cardiff's Cambell really trying to make those runs at the goal...

I know it's early in the season, but it seems like all if Chelsea's ills went out the door with Rafa...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom