The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Univision Deportes will televise Tues. Pokal semi BvB/Wolfsburg at 2:30 pm EDT and Wed. Bayern-FCK at 2:30 pm EDT

Getafe fan helps Costa miss his penalty
BlH26wmCEAA3vW8.png

Had to google it but damn.

If you or anyone else is interested, ESPN is airing a 30 for 30 "Soccer Stories" about the tragedy tonight at 8PM ET.

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=hillsborough

Edit - Here is the schedule for the rest of the 30 for 30 "Soccer" Stories. Again all times ET.

Tuesday, April 22, 7 p.m. – “Maradona ’86” followed by “The Opposition”
Tuesday, April 29, 7p.m. – “The Myth of Garrincha” followed by “Ceasefire Massacre”
Tuesday, May 6, 7 p.m. – “Mysteries of the Rimet Trophy” followed by “Barbosa: The Man Who Made Brazil Cry”
Tuesday, July 1, 8 p.m. – “White, Blue and White”

Last edited:
That said, Martino hasn't exactly been great, himself. His rotation policy is too rigid and has cost the team points, his subs are often late, and his tactics were a failure against Atleti. I'm still not sure why he played 4 mids and prioritized possession against a team that doesn't want possession. I haven't been optimistic about the team this season, and it is indeed looking like 2008. Unfortunately, there isn't a visionary like Laporta to lead a reboot like he did 6 years ago.

Prior to this week, I would've disagreed with you regarding Tata's rotation policy. It made some sense when the team was still competing in the CL, but now that they've been eliminated, there isn't really a need to rotate aggressively.

With the absence of any solid central defenders, I think the likes of Alves & Alba should've played. I also think some talented CBs on the B squad that should've been given a chance like Frank Bagnack, Sergi Gomez, Edgar Ie, & maybe even Patric.

The funny thing is we had some decent players we let go too like Alberto Botia & David Lomban both of whom are playing fairly well for Elche... :rolleyes

When you stand back & look at the transfer picture as a whole over the last several years, Barca hasn't done a good job buying the type of players it really needs.

I've said this before & you've agreed. This board, executive leadership, & Zubi need to go. ASAP. They've let this team decline for far too long now.

Alex Song did his career a disservice by signing for Barca. He had to know he wasn't gonna get significant playing time. A bigger paycheck is the only reason I can see him signing to sit in a bench

I just want to point out how ridiculous the rumor is about Klopp going to Barcelona. If there was ever a coach who'd misrepresent everything about Barcelona and the way that play, what they're taught at La Masia, and the players on the roster it'd be Klopp :lol:

No Way. Like he said before, he's too "rock n roll".

What's wrong with Alex song? I take him over cleavery, Fellani, and Anderson. We need depth at cm. carrick cant be playing every game next season.

Back
Top Bottom