The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Everyone needs to keep calm.

Soon King Lewa I will arrive and he won't have time or patience for these passing and assisting ideals. He will simply shoot, and Bayerns problems will be solved.

ATLETICO - Just thought id write it here in the correct spelling for the people spelling it wrong :lol:

As for Pep, it's interesting that losing in the semis causes everyone to question his brand of football, but Mou probably going trophy-less for two straight season with unlimited resources isn't really causing anyone to question his bus parking. Can't say I'm surprised - people have been waiting to have a go at Pep for years.
Basically.

The whole 'no striker' thing is basically a built in excuse to be used by Mourinho in case they failed this season. If they won something, the narrative would revolve around how much of a genius Mou is for winning without one, and now it's that they didn't have one so it's all good - just wait for next season. In between the 10 or so attacking midfielders that donned blue this season, Mou couldn't target a decent striker to pick up? Isn't it his fault he couldn't see the value of Lukaku? And is it not his fault for not being adventurous enough in the first leg which left them vulnerable to away goals?

The way Mou is protected by the English media is laughable. In Spain, he certainly would have been called out on his faults.

lets not forget that in the beginning of the year he said numerous times how happy he was with this balanced chelea squad..

to be honest I'm not against Mou in the slightest.. if you look back in this thread and last yrs, I wanted him at united, what sparked this whole convo for me was how quickly ppl were discarding what Pep has done at the same time looking over Mou's blunders..

The documentary on him, is still probably my favorite documentary of all time.

I can only imagine how he would have been racing into todays cars. :x

lets not forget that in the beginning of the year he said numerous times how happy he was with this balanced chelea squad..

to be honest I'm not against Mou in the slightest.. if you look back in this thread and last yrs, I wanted him at united, what sparked this whole convo for me was how quickly ppl were discarding what Pep has done at the same time looking over Mou's blunders..

Indeed.

It's all a bit ridiculous, but then again sports fans in general tend to go too far either way with their opinions. They'll dismiss Pep's achievements by saying he only did it with the best team in the world, and ignore the fact that he first won promotion with the B team, and then took over the senior team when it was in shambles and proceeded to make it one of the great sides in history. They'll also say some nonsense like he needs to prove himself with a 'small club' - as if the most in demand manager in the world is really going to join Sunderland or something.

He made mistakes during his time at Barca, and made mistakes this season with Bayern, but no manager is perfect. Bayern played some absolutely incredible football for most of this season, and no doubt they'll be back challenging on all fronts next season.

Y'all are talking nonsense. Before he draw for the Semis was even announced I was saying Atletico were the team I least wanted to face because their style is hardest for us to beat.

And :lol: at he English media protecting Mou. Same media that kills him even when he wins just because it isn't "pretty" to them? FOH

Yes Chelsea have a more expensive squad than Atletico. When has that ever mattered in sports?

If having an expensive roster was at all relevant the Yankees would win the World Series every year and the Knicks would actually make the playoffs. Cowboys have one of the most expensive rosters in the NFL, how's that working out?

So stop acting like having an expensive roster makes you a great team or the favorites or some ****

So he said at the beginning of the year he was happy...1..that was 9 damn months ago and a squad can change a lot in that time. 2...it was coach speak.

Last edited:
That was a good doc.

Speaking of docs, has anyone seen the newer Thierry Henry doc called Arsenal Legends: Thierry Henry? It doesn't seem to be available stateside...

Edit - Cesc's return to Arsenal or the Prem? :rolleyes If this happens, I'll be a little pissed since Thiago was let go. As it is, another transfer rumor for now, but he was visibly upset after being jeered at Camp Nou several times recently...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...ll-listen-to-offers-for-fabregas?ICID=HP_BN_2

This was kinda funny...

View media item 948164

Last edited:
I'm not taking anything away from Atletico. They did what they were supposed to do. i wouldn't say we overachieved either...we had favorable match-ups up until we went against PSG where it was 50/50 and then played a better squad in Atletico. It is what it is. We do have improvements to make though, I think that much is obvious.

The documentary on him, is still probably my favorite documentary of all time.

I can only imagine how he would have been racing into todays cars.
sick.gif
Indeed.  If I had to criticize it, I guess I felt it made Prost out to be the enemy a bit too much.  But with any "rival", that was bound to happen. 

McLaren-boss Ron Dennis made an interesting comment... 
"I think it’s because he was so good for the whole time he was on the planet. I can see no positives from the fact that he had an accident and lost his life, but it means that you didn’t see his decline. There are lots of drivers that stay in the sport too long and tarnish their greatness."
Anyway... sorry for going off-topic.  

That was a good doc.

Speaking of docs, has anyone seen the newer Thierry Henry doc called Arsenal Legends: Thierry Henry? It doesn't seem to be available stateside...

Edit - Cesc's return to Arsenal or the Prem? :rolleyes If this happens, I'll be a little pissed since Thiago was let go. As it is, another transfer rumor for now, but he was visibly upset after being jeered at Camp Nou several times recently...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...ll-listen-to-offers-for-fabregas?ICID=HP_BN_2

This was kinda funny...

If I'm right, Arsenal still has a piece of action in this deal? Arsenal still gets paid if another club buys him right? I'd assume he'd want to go there. Besides even though United apparently was after him, the idea of CL footy is more attractive, and being welcomed back home like a returned hero from battle.

I would laugh if Liverpool just came and splashed cash and took him :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know if it has been discussed but with xabi alonso out for the SL final anyone think Sami Khedira might play?

If I'm right, Arsenal still has a piece of action in this deal? Arsenal still gets paid if another club buys him right? I'd assume he'd want to go there. Besides even though United apparently was after him, the idea of CL footy is more attractive, and being welcomed back home like a returned hero from battle.

I would laugh if Liverpool just came and splashed cash and took him :lol:

Arsenal definitely have a fixed buy back clause believed to be €29 million but I thought I read somewhere they also have first right of refusal.

I don't know if it has been discussed but with xabi alonso out for the SL final anyone think Sami Khedira might play?

I really hope Khedira doesn't come back too early. Hopefully he used some of those top German surgeons rather than the medical staff Real has access to. It seems like they bungle a lot of injuries most recently the way Bale got at the start of this campaign.

Copa 2016 will start a week before the Euros, but will overlap. All day international football, can't wait. :pimp:

guys,any good websites to keep myself updated with the Brazilian league?i think the new season just started...

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly as soon as he got that second yellow but i dont think its been discussed.  Khedira has been training and was close to returning from what i read but i havent seen anything of substance yet that said he might play.

My thoughts exactly as soon as he got that second yellow but i dont think its been discussed.  Khedira has been training and was close to returning from what i read but i havent seen anything of substance yet that said he might play.

exactly. Maybe he gets some la liga or international friendly work in before the final and has a chance? Or coming off such a long injury do you not want him thrown into the fire? I mean it all depends on how he trains and plays but lets say it all looks good and he plays well in some action leading up...does he get time? Starts? Late sub for defense and just start Isco?

Financial Fair Play rules explained in layman’s terms. Amazing that City pays the highest wages of any team in any sport world wide.

exactly. Maybe he gets some la liga or international friendly work in before the final and has a chance? Or coming off such a long injury do you not want him thrown into the fire? I mean it all depends on how he trains and plays but lets say it all looks good and he plays well in some action leading up...does he get time? Starts? Late sub for defense and just start Isco?

I'd rather start casemiro (sp?) but that wont happen. I'm still iffy on isco. Some games he shows up and really gives the attack a boost, but others the impact his minimal.

What do you guys think of Eden Hazard remarks? Throwing shade at jose

Back
Top Bottom