The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Falcao named to the Colombian final roster.

There's no way he's actually playing right? I know ACL recoveries are shorter now but wow.

EDIT: Nvm, there is another cut on June 2.

Last edited:
Arsenal are set to activate €4m buy-back clause for Real Sociedad striker Carlos Vela?

If this happens, it should be interesting... He had a very solid season for Sociedad; 15 or 16 goals & 10+ assists this campaign... I wonder if he wants to leave Spain though...

Edit - As I sit here & reflect on his career, Park had a under appreciated goal scoring ability. He had a nice first touch & didn't take long to set up & shot.

Last edited:
Arsenal are set to activate €4m buy-back clause for Real Sociedad striker Carlos Vela?

If this happens, it should be interesting... He had a very solid season for Sociedad; 15 or 16 goals & 10+ assists this campaign... I wonder if he wants to leave Spain though...

Edit - As I sit here & reflect on his career, Park had a under appreciated goal scoring ability. He had a nice first touch & didn't take long to set up & shot.

Wenger's head will be on a stake outside the Emirates with Arsenal fans chanting at the gates if they don't sign a big striker.

I hope Tata brings back the pistachio polo this weekend. :rolleyes

Barca could use the karma from that shirt... :lol:

Last edited:
Vela would be Arsenals most talented player if he were to come back. I seriously believe that. They should do it.

Did Nasri have the same freedom on the pitch for the French as he did under Pellegrini?

Cause if he had Mancini-like restrictions, then I don't even see the hype/point of having him on the pitch honestly.

It's not even about Nasri as a player. The French National squad has been a real soap opera since the Domenech era during the 2010 WC and it was still an issue during the Blanc period as well. If you recall, it was a real public $*^*show and the media loved it:

- Nasri left out of 2010 squad for his pissy attitude, and he reacted like a diva to the news
- Domenech called Anelka, Ribery, and Henry selfish players, ends up sending Anelka home for cussing him out
- The team was revolting DURING the WC (ie. not showing up to practice, chilling on the team bus)... and who led the charge... Patrice Evra (the got damn captain :smh: )
- Ribery despised Yoann Gourcuff for some reason... maybe because his nickname was Le Petit Zizou (mini Zidane)

Either way, they were eliminated in horrendous fashion in the group stages with just 1 single point in Group A comprised of (Uruguay, Mexico, and South Africa) :x This is the first time in a long time the France squad looks to have unity, given most of the pariahs are either too old and quite frankly the likes of Griezmann, Pogba, Varane, and other up-and-comers provide a refreshing change.

allez les bleus :pimp:

Vela would be Arsenals most talented player if he were to come back. I seriously believe that. They should do it.

This is laughable.... Ramsey, Ozil, and Cazorla are more talented just off the top of my head... He might be Arsenal's most talented STRIKER if he came back, but lets be honest, this move isn't happening and isn't going to improve Arsenal (much) or Vela... Silly season in full effect...

Who do you guys have Fri / Sun?

Levante vs Malaga

Celta Vigo vs Valencia

Elche vs Sevilla

Getafe vs Rayo Vallecano

Villarreal vs Real Sociedad

Granada vs Valladolid

Athletic Bilbao vs Almeria

Betis vs Osasuna

article-2627954-1DD4BC8F00000578-325_634x376.jpg

Raphael Honigstein         [emoji]10004[/emoji] @honigstein
Follow

Bayern Munich (1st) received £30m in TV money for 13/14, Cardiff City (20th) £62m. Difference between Bundesliga and PL... (via @flopumuc)

10:51 AM - 14 May 2014

Last edited:

As much as I dislike him off the pitch, that's a BARGAIN.

I expect Madrid to get the tie this Saturday. They will park the entire organization on defense and go for the tie.

If Barcelona can manage to score an early goal, it would make things real interesting.

This is laughable.... Ramsey, Ozil, and Cazorla are more talented just off the top of my head... He might be Arsenal's most talented STRIKER if he came back, but lets be honest, this move isn't happening and isn't going to improve Arsenal (much) or Vela... Silly season in full effect...
Velas main position is winger, but the beauty is he can play striker and attacking midfielder.

I don't know how Arsenal plan to use him if he does come back, but for 4 million, it'd be silly to pass on him.

Last edited:
Coupé It Coupé It Another Mexican at Porto?

America has just signed Mexico's best Forward. Their current Forward is 22 year old Forward who a lot of Mexican Media said would be sold to a team in Europe. Portuguese newspapers are saying that once they sell Jackson Martinez, Jimenez could be his replacement...

Coupé It Coupé It Another Mexican at Porto?

America has just signed Mexico's best Forward. Their current Forward is 22 year old Forward who a lot of Mexican Media said would be sold to a team in Europe. Portuguese newspapers are saying that once they sell Jackson Martinez, Jimenez could be his replacement...

Jimenez at porto :pimp:

I am hoping these mexican youngns have one hell of WC.

I saw that interview with some coach or something like that saying Fabian was linked to a german club and layun to an italian club.

I hope pulido makes it out to Europe as well. Son hasn't disappointed with the NT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom