The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

United interested in Draxler. Would be a huge signing for Moyes at a costly fee. I've hyped Drax for a while now at Schalke. Bundles of potential.

I don't get the hype behind Ronaldo getting Portugal to classify for the world cup; if that is going to be the decisive factor for him winning the award then Messi should get credit for helping Argentina to be one of the first teams to qualify for the World cup. One could argue that Messi is the driving force behind Argentina's success throughout the qualify phase; he had solid performances throughout the qualifies by assisting/scoring.

In the end, Ballon D'or has no clear definition on how it is awarded and each player can come up with a solid case on why they should win the award. We will just have to wait and see...:nerd:

Deco was a bad seed according to peps biography. Him, ronaldinho and eto'o were deemed surplus as soon as he took the job.

Sneijder never came to united because of wages. He priced himself out of a move because inter had him on ridiculous wages and we refused to match

Tbf Argentina is waaaaay more stacked then Portugal. They could have qualified with out Messi... Portugal could not say that. This is the 3rd-4th time cr7 has carried Portugal into a tourney or through a tourney. I don't see how you can't see the hype in what Ronaldo did.. I have never seen Messi do anything even remotely close or with the same amount on the line (for country). And I personally rate Messi higher.. But this was not his year and he doesn't honestly deserve to win. I say all this.. But I do expect Messi to have a huge wc, so long as he's rested and healthy.

Last edited:
I don't get the hype behind Ronaldo getting Portugal to classify for the world cup; if that is going to be the decisive factor for him winning the award then Messi should get credit for helping Argentina to be one of the first teams to qualify for the World cup. One could argue that Messi is the driving force behind Argentina's success throughout the qualify phase; he had solid performances throughout the qualifies by assisting/scoring.

In the end, Ballon D'or has no clear definition on how it is awarded and each player can come up with a solid case on why they should win the award. We will just have to wait and see...:nerd:
Let's just ignore the fact that Messi has a lot more help than Cristiano when it comes to the NTs

It's the fact that Ronaldo performs unbelievably for club and country. Look at the hatrick he scored. The goals he scored individually were incredible. But all three on the same night? The night that the nation needs to qualify for the WC. Let's add in the fact that he scored the lone goal in last week's match as well. The hatrick was really just a reminder for people to go back and look over what Ronaldo has done this year.

Last edited:
Been playing around with this: http://ultra-zone.net/2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage-Draws now that its official....this is going to be a GREAT World Cup there can honestly be 2-3 groups of death....not liking many of the USA results I'm getting though:

Colombia/France/Netherlands/USA :x :x :x :x

Argentina/USA/Italy/France :smh: :x :x

Spain/USA/Netherlands/Nigeria :x

Finally after some more simulations I got: USA/Ghana :lol:/Croatia/Switzerland wouldn't mind that one at all

Also drew Mexico: Germany/El Tri/Netherlands/Ecuador was one of their worst, *insert jack nicholson nodding gif* :lol:

Gonna be a great time come next summer! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Injuries starting to pile up for the Blaugrana. Dani Alves is out for 10 days which means he'll miss matches with Granada & Ajax. It's being called a "small hamstring injury in the soleus of the right leg." Glad these injuries are happening at this time of the year.

I love transfer rumors... :rolleyes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25020401

MLS newcomers Orlando City target Kaka signing

Major Soccer League's newest franchise Orlando City have suggested they might try to lure Brazilian footballer Kaka to the Florida club.

The Lions will enter the MLS for the 2015 season with midfielder Kaka's deal at AC Milan set to end that year.

"Every team would love to have Kaka, but we have no agreement with him," Orlando's Brazilian co-owner Flavio Augusto da Silva told BBC Sport.

"We have a plan to sign a Brazilian star in 2015. This is our priority."

He added: "It might be Kaka or somebody else."

The club, set to become the 21st MLS franchise, is managed by former Everton striker Adrian Heath and is currently competing at minor league level.

Orlando City's other co-owner, who is also the founder and president, is Phil Rawlins, a director at Stoke.

"It is a dream to bring Major League Soccer to Orlando," said Rawlins.

"The fans in Orlando have clearly demonstrated that they are ready for MLS, and we look forward to celebrating with them and working together to set a new standard in this country.

"We have watched the evolution of Major League Soccer, and we are thrilled to join what has become one of the fastest growing and most exciting leagues in the world."

The MLS currently has 19 teams, with New York City - which is a joint venture between Manchester City and baseball giants New York Yankees - also set to join the division in 2015 as the 20th competitor.

Former England midfielder David Beckham played at LA Galaxy and has stated his intention to set up a MLS franchise in Miami.

The league hopes to expand to 24 clubs by 2020.

This is the simulated draw I just got... I think it's kinda well balanced...
eyes.gif
If this were to happen, Colombia's chances to get through is easy peasy.   Not so much for USA though.   Group B & G = group of deaths?

Goal. Take it with a grain of salt. It make sense because he's very young and United needs a CAM if Kagawa's not the answer.

The Ballon D'Or award has become such a joke these past couple of years.
Also mentioning the team of the year being half Madrid, half Barca with both teams not making it far in the UCL one year.

Also, despite the results, I'm actually sad that Zlatan won't be there. But alas, no more. Damn the existence of countries

Here's to a deep dark prayer that the UK becomes one nation in time for Bale to be in a WC lol

they need to just put him in or allow him dual citizenship :lol: we are gonna miss some amazing goals.

But honestly glad CR7 got in obviously deserved it....but not having Zlatan is a crime

It's better for the game if Portugal is in. Ibra is a beast, but ronaldo is a legit global star.
Eh.Like Ronaldo and Messi, Zlatan needs to be in the Wc. It's a shame.
I agree he should be in, but in terms of viewers and advertising dollars Rinaldo getting in is more important

IMO Sweden and Portugal should never have been set in a playoff like that

Last edited:
I can't believe Ronaldo is going to be in a Real Madrid jersey playing on Saturday, I feel like the dude deserves like a month off after Tuesday. That's goes for all the footballers, these dudes are traveling across the globe for games and whatnot, the South American players in Europe have it the worst. I don't know when these dudes sleep, there schedule must be all messed up.

Back
Top Bottom