The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

WTF @ that Bayern passing map. That's absurd.

Watched the Manchester derby. That loud *** "Moysie is the chosen one!" song by the City fans around the 60th minute had me dying.

Arsenal need to sort their **** out before this weekend.
Edit: Or just roll over and die and let Everton have the 4th Place Trophy.

Last edited:
Wow, the folks on NBC are really going in on Moyes... Was it that bad?
theyre completely right... no system in place tactics are completely wrong buying players we dont need..

as a lifelong united fan ive given up hope on him.. theyre not improving simple as that.

Arsenal
mean.gif
As a fan of the club, its so disappointing. Now they will have to fight to stay in the top 4. Next two matches are huge.    

at least they still have a good chance at the FA cup 
ohwell.gif

The flash that was the 2 quick goals is the arsenal from the first half of the season that hyped us all up and OVERACHIEVED only to come crashing down to reality after injuries and a backward ***** January transfer policy cruelly took their tolls on our depth. That own goal was exactly what our season has boiled down to: NOT having that killer instinct for ALL 90 mins... I've said it from the beginning and i'll say it againg: We do NOT have a title Deserving pedigree... YET. Sitting on top of the league for 3 months only gave us blue balls and teased us mercilessly while building an unrealistic expectation of what the outcome of this season should be. NOW, Everton is on the brink of clipping us to 4th place. IF Wenger cannot secure CL footy and WIn the FA CUP, he has to GO IMO. His methods, while revolutionary in the late 90's, are bordering on outdated now. His lack of motivating the lads in big games as well as reluctance to buy in January has come back to haunt us in this last week. Hopefully he can instill some fervor for this weekend's City game, but my inner-pessimist knows better. SMFH.

Wow, the folks on NBC are really going in on Moyes... Was it that bad?
theyre completely right... no system in place tactics are completely wrong buying players we dont need..

as a lifelong united fan ive given up hope on him.. theyre not improving simple as that.

They also mentioned something about the practices not amounting to much or not practicing properly because of the way United perform on the pitch which I agree with. They look woefully under prepared especially on the defensive front. That back 4 make Barca's look fantastic. They concede far too much space & lack the basic fundamentals. It's alarming to see. Part of it's due to age of course but championship/trophy laden vets shouldn't be playing the way they do.

Sadly, I don't think bringing in summer transfers will solve anything because tactically, Moyes looks horrible.

We need to lose the Champions League spot to light a fire under Wenger to improve the team. Sitting in 4th and losing out on the trophy won't help bring in top talent or give him reason to improve if we're a few points from 1st. This team needs a United-like collapse to spend money. Kallstrom isn't an answer, Sonogo isn't an answer, Giroud and Flamini weren't answers, and Ozil was the lone signature signing in recent memory. I know Wenger will say injuries have plagued the team and it was unlucky we fell so far in the standings, but this is the same thing that's happened every other year. Depth is a problem that hasn't been addressed after so many seasons of injuries. I hate to say it but I agree with you Fresco, I think Arsenal needs to put the pressure on Wenger if there are to be any trophies.

Interesting facts.

Including Sunday's Clasico, Carlo has faced Barca 8 times & won only once. The last time he won was Oct 2004 in his Mlian days. This record does include 3 draws (1 with Milan & 2 other with PSG).

Tata is only the 4th manager to win both Clasicos in his first season. The other 3 were Pep, Van Gaal, & Terry Venables. Interesting enough, each of the other 3 coaches lead Barca to finish ahead of RM winning the title no less. :x :D

Now in reality this campaign, the league title is RM's to lose. They control their own destiny (as do Barca & Atletico Madridto a certain extent). I have hope, but RM should (in theory) win out. With apologies to my man @abovelegit1, the only thing that should/can hold back RM is Carlo.

Barca president Bartomeu said the Blaugrana can spend anywhere from 60-120 million this summer. I just hope Barca makes the right buys. Defense, defense, defense.

Lastly, Barca locked up the Korean kid, Seung Woo Lee. :smokin After this campaign, he's signed to 3 more years with a club option of extending for another 1 or 2 years. Pere Guardiola being as sly as he is, had the contract lay out specific time tables for his time with Juvenil A and Barca B squads. His family is also moving to Barcelona & his brother is going to play for the youth ranks at another Catalan club Cornella.

I just hope Barca can reach similar deals with midfielders Ayoub Abou & Carles Alena.

Looking more closely at it, Everton's streak (and Arsenal's struggle) through March does give them a legit shot at 4th.

Everton currently 6 points behind. Everton beats Fulham this weekend while Arsenal loses to Man City, then they play at Goodison on 4/6. They could be level by then and Everton would still have a game in hand.

Everton's final month is more difficult. Game @ Southampton, home vs. Citeh. (Ain't even worried about Moyes' return to Goodison on April 20. :lol:)

C'mon, Roberto....

Last edited:
Looking more closely at it, Everton's streak (and Arsenal's struggle) through March does give them a legit shot at 4th.

Everton currently 6 points behind. Everton beats Fulham this weekend while Arsenal loses to Man City, then they play at Goodison on 4/6. They could be level by then and Everton would still have a game in hand.

Everton's final month is more difficult. Game @ Southampton, home vs. Citeh. (Ain't even worried about Moyes' return to Goodison on April 20. :lol:)

C'mon, Roberto....

Interesting...if they get a CL spot :pimp:

I remember hearing that roberto martinez promised kenwright champions league football, wouldnt put it past him to achieve that

We need to lose the Champions League spot to light a fire under Wenger to improve the team. Sitting in 4th and losing out on the trophy won't help bring in top talent or give him reason to improve if we're a few points from 1st. This team needs a United-like collapse to spend money. Kallstrom isn't an answer, Sonogo isn't an answer, Giroud and Flamini weren't answers, and Ozil was the lone signature signing in recent memory. I know Wenger will say injuries have plagued the team and it was unlucky we fell so far in the standings, but this is the same thing that's happened every other year. Depth is a problem that hasn't been addressed after so many seasons of injuries. I hate to say it but I agree with you Fresco, I think Arsenal needs to put the pressure on Wenger if there are to be any trophies.
I agree there really needs some serious changes fom Wenger before we can be true contenders.

Cant say much... Not expecting a win against City on Saturday tbh

could be worse though..

Results (draws/losses)
1-4 against Man City away
0-3 against Man City home
1-3 against Chelsea away
0-3 against Liverpool home
0-1 against Liverpool away
2-3 against Spurs home
1-2 against West Brom home
1-1 against Southampton home
2-2 against Cardiff away
0-1 against Everton home
0-1 against Newcastle home
1-2 against Stoke away
2-2 against Fulham home
Loss to Sunderland in the Carling Cup
Loss to Swansea in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
Loss to Olympiakos in the CL before scrapping through.

Records
Equalled heaviest ever defeat at the Ethihad Stadium
First loss to WBA in 35 years
Everton's first win at OT since the very first PL season.
First Newcastle win at OT for 41 years and 32 games
Swansea's first ever win at OT
First time we exited the FA Cup 3rd round since 1984
3 successive defeats for the first time since 2001.
Stoke's first win against us since 1984.
Olympiakos become the first Greek side to ever beat United in Europe.
Most league defeats in a PL season.
Most home league defeats for 12 years
Beaten home and away by City and Pool for the first time ever

untitled-16dall6.gif

Last edited:
What are they battling for tho? Lol

They have no shot at a top 4 position, against your City rivals in front of the world is where you let it be known how angry you are.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there Sin. I think these United fans are too respectful.
We'll just agree to disagree 
cheers.gif

But, fair enough, I see where you're coming from.

True... there really isn't much to battle for anymore, but ultimately (for me anyway), when you see the team you support, you want to see them win... regardless if it's Barca or a League One team.  Not saying the fans shouldn't boo (or voice their displeasure), I just don't think they should do it when they're playing. 

Incidentally, I read that some fans were booing SAF... really? 
rolleyes.gif

What have you done for me lately...

I guess it's new territory for some fans as they haven't been in a position where their team is struggling so much.  

And at this point, I'm not even upset with the derby-loss.  Their fundamental/big-picture problems are the main issue here. 

Last edited:
@FootballQuote_: Paul Scholes: "With Fellaini, I expected more to be honest. You pay that amount of money for a midfielder and you expect a few more goals."

@FootballQuote_: Paul Scholes: "Jack Wilshere looked like a top player, but he's no better than when he was 17 years old."

Back
Top Bottom