The Ultimate Investment Thread 2010

Alright so i went and search some older post on NT and found some good info. 

I want to try and make a thread that is gonna last. A lot of us are young bucks on here with no financial skills. 

I remember a few people that are into investing, hopefully some people can drop some knowledge on us. 

I'm still on the whole Google searching right now. 

First things first, I am going to be opening a Roth IRA once i get my new bank account set up and the money transfered. 
  - what do you have in your roth ira, how diversified is it, what kind of risk do you take? 
- anyone that might already be on the ball that can answer these questions?

Second, i want to do something with stocks... need more researching/knowledge on this 

- mutual funds? CDs? Foriegn currency? 
- Can someone drop some knowledge on the whole stock market in and outs ?

if anyone has any websites or knowledge please spit it... 

heres some wiki knowledge on Mutual funds... i knew nothing before reading, this helped greatly 

-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_fund

Im starting with $7,000 just waiting to make my choice what to do with it.

CD's take too long to mature plus the only way you'll see a decent return is with a 20k+ investment.

Foreign currency trading is alright. Very time consuming and odd hrs of work due to the time differences.
If you're into it heavy , you can turn a healthy profit margin.

I can't give anybody a solution to making money through investing without there being a lot of work involved but I will recommend reading The Intelligent Investor by Ben Graham and then reread the chapters 8 and 20... that will be a giant step in the right direction

IRA= lame. research other investment options, including business opportunities through connections. investopedia is also a sweet site

thanks for the info everyone... im gonna go through that stocks thread you posted foodgoeshere

thanks for the advice everyone
pimp.gif
going to amazon to check out the price on that book
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom