The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

^ haha, of course not. Point being... they have lots of options to juggle around. Still early days though.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

trunks206 wrote:

Nice.
pimp.gif
 The building of these sweet new stadiums should help future US WC host bids. 

SinnerP: Thanks for the heads up that they go on sale tomorrow, hopefully I can snag 3 tickets for me, my GF and my United supporter coworker.

these new ones are too small for world cup games. Perfect for MLS.
Yeah, Im pretty sure that the only soccer stadium used in the US Bid was Qwest Field. These stadiums are wayyyyy too small for the WC.

I know what you mean but actually Red Bull Arena, Livestrong Park, and other future MLS stadiums were a big part of the US bid. Not as venues for actual WC matches but as required state of the art training facilities and sites to be used for tune up friendlies.

Realistically we'll probably never see NFL sized soccer stadiums in this country. Most of the new MLS stadiums are designed for 5-15k future expansion and in a country that's geographically the size of the US it makes no sense to build or use a national stadium.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

trunks206 wrote:

Nice.
pimp.gif
 The building of these sweet new stadiums should help future US WC host bids. 

SinnerP: Thanks for the heads up that they go on sale tomorrow, hopefully I can snag 3 tickets for me, my GF and my United supporter coworker.

these new ones are too small for world cup games. Perfect for MLS.
Yeah, Im pretty sure that the only soccer stadium used in the US Bid was Qwest Field. These stadiums are wayyyyy too small for the WC.

I know what you mean but actually Red Bull Arena, Livestrong Park, and other future MLS stadiums were a big part of the US bid. Not as venues for actual WC matches but as required state of the art training facilities and sites to be used for tune up friendlies.

Realistically we'll probably never see NFL sized soccer stadiums in this country. Most of the new MLS stadiums are designed for 5-15k future expansion and in a country that's geographically the size of the US it makes no sense to build or use a national stadium.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Owen will prob be solely used for subs and early FA/Carling Cup matches.

I think Berba might just stay... no guarantees that Chicharito might keep-up his form, especially now that teams will keep an eye on him...
EDIT ~ on second thought... just realized Welbeck & Macheda are returning... hmmm.

and this man...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Owen will prob be solely used for subs and early FA/Carling Cup matches.

I think Berba might just stay... no guarantees that Chicharito might keep-up his form, especially now that teams will keep an eye on him...
EDIT ~ on second thought... just realized Welbeck & Macheda are returning... hmmm.

and this man...

Berbatov leaving might haunt United in the future...

who knows...
if Chicharito's finding it tough in his 2nd season...Rooney not scoring as much and Owen getting injured like he always does...
we look at the bench and all we see are some youngsters in Welbeck,Diouf and a broke-*%$ version of Pippo Inzaghi...
ohwell.gif

who can Sir Alex call upon?

who knows...
if Chicharito's finding it tough in his 2nd season...Rooney not scoring as much and Owen getting injured like he always does...
we look at the bench and all we see are some youngsters in Welbeck,Diouf and a broke-*%$ version of Pippo Inzaghi...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

who knows...
ohwell.gif

Here is the full transcript of the interview between Naiden Todorov with the newspaper, “24 Chasa

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

who knows...
ohwell.gif

Here is the full transcript of the interview between Naiden Todorov with the newspaper, “24 Chasa

^ Can we even afford him? I honestly don't know where Real get all of their money...being in "bankrupt" and all 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

^ Can we even afford him? I honestly don't know where Real get all of their money...being in "bankrupt" and all 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom