The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Unless Barca gets rid of Villa, Sanchez's move makes no sense. I get Barca is the top team at the moment but dude last year said Utd would be "impossible to turn down" yet he just did. Where does he fit in though, and even if he does, where does Affalay fit in? SMH @ the rich getting richer. Sanchez is such a stud (no homeowner) Yes I'm jelly.

Now can Utd even afford to swap Nani for Sneijder? If they have the money for Inter, why would you give up such an integral part of a championship side last year? Should be interesting...

Unless Barca gets rid of Villa, Sanchez's move makes no sense. I get Barca is the top team at the moment but dude last year said Utd would be "impossible to turn down" yet he just did. Where does he fit in though, and even if he does, where does Affalay fit in? SMH @ the rich getting richer. Sanchez is such a stud (no homeowner) Yes I'm jelly.

Now can Utd even afford to swap Nani for Sneijder? If they have the money for Inter, why would you give up such an integral part of a championship side last year? Should be interesting...

Exciting times ahead. Chelsea have either already triggered or are approaching the 15m release clause to contract Andres Villas-Boas. This is a step in the right direction imo. Modric would be next in an ideal sense.

Exciting times ahead. Chelsea have either already triggered or are approaching the 15m release clause to contract Andres Villas-Boas. This is a step in the right direction imo. Modric would be next in an ideal sense.

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

It makes plenty of sense; Barca's number 1 priority this t-window was to acquire forward depth. Sanchez is obviously quite expensive, and the move seems over the top for a double-winning side with three top forwards, but it takes a certain quality player to play for the Blaugrana. His talent level is higher than Pedro's and Villa's, and his pace, creativity, and ability to beat defenders will just add another dimension to the Barca attack. His versatility and quality will ensure he gets plenty of playing time, and besides, Barca was a bit lucky to not have any major injuries to their front 6. I like him, but I highly doubt Afellay ever becomes a regular starter.

Not a done deal though, still think it's possible that City could swoop in with a Godfather offer.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

It makes plenty of sense; Barca's number 1 priority this t-window was to acquire forward depth. Sanchez is obviously quite expensive, and the move seems over the top for a double-winning side with three top forwards, but it takes a certain quality player to play for the Blaugrana. His talent level is higher than Pedro's and Villa's, and his pace, creativity, and ability to beat defenders will just add another dimension to the Barca attack. His versatility and quality will ensure he gets plenty of playing time, and besides, Barca was a bit lucky to not have any major injuries to their front 6. I like him, but I highly doubt Afellay ever becomes a regular starter.

Not a done deal though, still think it's possible that City could swoop in with a Godfather offer.
laugh.gif

^^Agree with all of that but just in terms of having a guaranteed spot in the XI, Sanchez could have done better at Utd IMO. If Villa isn't sold theres basically 5 guys for 3 spots, 4 for 3 if you don't think Afellay has the quality to be in the XI which I can certainly understand. Barca doesn't really play with a true striker through the middle really either so once again, if Villa isn't sold, Sanchez is going to have to fight for time, regardless, although I do believe he will rightly earn his minutes eventually. And we've seen with Pep that in some cases he doesn't exactly care to put his best XI on the field, it's the best XI that works within their system. I know Ibra isn't the model citizen and all but you would just figure that with all those guys knocking the ball around it'd be logical to have a center forward who can be a target man through the middle and can be a direct threat in the air. From what I've read and seen there's no doubt that Sanchez's versatility could see him eventually play through the middle, but then again Barca doesn't play that style.

I'm just bitter
laugh.gif
Sanchez at OT would have been
eek.gif
for me. With Rooney and Fergie, who would have catered the system to Sanchez (a la Ronaldo) that just would have been
eek.gif

From his shoes of course, Barca is a better situation for him in the big picture which I certainly understand. I've read the stories that said Barca was looking for depth in the forward positions but IMO Barca would be better suited to use that money to pry Thiago Silva from Milan. Milan would be stupid to let him go but he addresses a lot more of what Barca needs at the moment and in the near future. They basically got away for half a season playing Busquets/Masch/Keita at CB. Think about all the English teams that suffered an injury to a CB during the year and they were never the same, and these teams had CB's filling in. IMO Barca got lucky although it is a combination of their talent which I won't deny. Look at Chelsea when Alex went down, their season basically went down the drain (before they got Luiz) once Ivanovic had to play at CB for the first few games (Sunderland, Birmingham, Newcastle, Everton, Marseille) They just weren't the same team after Alex got hurt in the Liverpool game until Luiz shored up the back 4. Barca was fortunate IMO that not having true cover with Milito being injured never came back to bite them in the %#%.

^^Agree with all of that but just in terms of having a guaranteed spot in the XI, Sanchez could have done better at Utd IMO. If Villa isn't sold theres basically 5 guys for 3 spots, 4 for 3 if you don't think Afellay has the quality to be in the XI which I can certainly understand. Barca doesn't really play with a true striker through the middle really either so once again, if Villa isn't sold, Sanchez is going to have to fight for time, regardless, although I do believe he will rightly earn his minutes eventually. And we've seen with Pep that in some cases he doesn't exactly care to put his best XI on the field, it's the best XI that works within their system. I know Ibra isn't the model citizen and all but you would just figure that with all those guys knocking the ball around it'd be logical to have a center forward who can be a target man through the middle and can be a direct threat in the air. From what I've read and seen there's no doubt that Sanchez's versatility could see him eventually play through the middle, but then again Barca doesn't play that style.

I'm just bitter
laugh.gif
Sanchez at OT would have been
eek.gif
for me. With Rooney and Fergie, who would have catered the system to Sanchez (a la Ronaldo) that just would have been
eek.gif

From his shoes of course, Barca is a better situation for him in the big picture which I certainly understand. I've read the stories that said Barca was looking for depth in the forward positions but IMO Barca would be better suited to use that money to pry Thiago Silva from Milan. Milan would be stupid to let him go but he addresses a lot more of what Barca needs at the moment and in the near future. They basically got away for half a season playing Busquets/Masch/Keita at CB. Think about all the English teams that suffered an injury to a CB during the year and they were never the same, and these teams had CB's filling in. IMO Barca got lucky although it is a combination of their talent which I won't deny. Look at Chelsea when Alex went down, their season basically went down the drain (before they got Luiz) once Ivanovic had to play at CB for the first few games (Sunderland, Birmingham, Newcastle, Everton, Marseille) They just weren't the same team after Alex got hurt in the Liverpool game until Luiz shored up the back 4. Barca was fortunate IMO that not having true cover with Milito being injured never came back to bite them in the %#%.

Anyone check out the highlights of the US-Czech Republic U-17 Wold Cup game on Sunday.  The first and third USA goals were
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Anyone check out the highlights of the US-Czech Republic U-17 Wold Cup game on Sunday.  The first and third USA goals were
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Why are our U17s better than our actual squad in the Gold Cup?
laugh.gif

Some real skill though with these young kids. Exciting to see.

Why are our U17s better than our actual squad in the Gold Cup?
laugh.gif

Some real skill though with these young kids. Exciting to see.

Second that. Feels good to see these young bucks taking up soccer instead of the myriad of mainstream sports in America.

Second that. Feels good to see these young bucks taking up soccer instead of the myriad of mainstream sports in America.

@%!# it, man. Wake me up in 7 years when that U-17 squad is our World Cup team. Maybe we'll have gotten rid of Bob by then, too.

@%!# it, man. Wake me up in 7 years when that U-17 squad is our World Cup team. Maybe we'll have gotten rid of Bob by then, too.

Originally Posted by caleekicks

That's my son in goal for the US. 
pimp.gif

They're straight but I know yall remember Jozy and Freddy w/ the U17's, they were going stupid too. realistically, a handful of those kids at best will really be in the mix with the senior squad

Back
Top Bottom